Post One Positive Thing Support Group

[...]

I am grateful that for the past couple of nights,  i’ve been able to fall asleep easily without any sort of sleep aid.  I did wake up a couple of times,  but managed to get a good 5 to 6 hours of sleep.  I’ll take it!  I think this is good progress because when I first stopped the benzo,  I went 2 straight weeks without any sleep at all .... we ARE healing!

Great news Restoration123!! So happy for you!! I know someday we will all make that turn.

Just curios..looking at your signature I couldn’t see when you got off Benzos...was it recent?

Take care...

It’s been exactly 4 weeks since my last benzo.  I will never take another benzo for the rest of my life!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [Re...]

• [Ma...]

• [bl...]

Exercise helps doesn’t it! Today I am grateful I am back to exercise after being couch bound with pain for two months. Also grateful that my soon son-to-be is still doing great in mamas belly at check up today. Excited to meet him in a couple weeks even if apprehensive about my capabilities and symptoms.

Well..its a wonderful idea!

Here are some good things...

And some might say that I am probably not in a very bad state because I was able to maintain my tiny business and keep it alive during all this. Which means, I have a strong mental presence. This is good.

This hell taught me a lot, what do I need to change about my life. Made me stop and made me think.

For your information I’ve been walking my dog for years and I’ve walked her through this whole nightmare of with drawls from benzos the last couple years I walk the dog when I didn’t want to walk the dog I walk the dog in waves and in pain I walked and I walked every day 2 to 4 miles a day.

bluepm

Thank you! I am a cookie decorator (hence the name) so it`s mental and creative work. My creativity was in a very bad state though...but it`s better now. :) I just need to get some excercise now..

Mental exercise is a good thing to while in the state  w/d good luck with your business.

I have advanced at my job, I usually work from home telephonically connecting with patients. I will now be based out of a clinic a couple days a week. Something I wanted, but afraid. I am grateful for the opportunity to see what I can do.

What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for a lot of things...

For my incredibly loving and patient husband and how this experience has deepened that love

BBs instance and all the good people here.

I have home that is paid for that is toasty warm (winter here)

I got the intel I needed to get off benzos and have jumped

For my comfortable bed

For the shower I took today

That I can eat (couldn't for a long time)

That I wake with much more peace and sanity in the morning

For knowing I have the strength to get through this

That I can laugh again

That I am mobile (and no longer bed bound)

That I was able to do some art again recently

I've noticed that no matter how bad it gets, there is someone who is worse on here. I've also noticed that some people who were the worst have recovered. This is uplifting. People do recover. Cant wait to write my story when I get there. Hoping to encourage others. I pray for all of you. I'm waiting for the day when the hurt and the healer collide. Awesome song. I have become more sensitive to others through this terrible ordeal. Maybe my heart needed to be softened. Never knew I had to go through so much pain for this to happen. I pray that this chapter in my life will help and encourage others one day. Ill post more detail later when I have time. Thanks to all of you who posted you're story. So many of them have helped me understand what I was going through. Still got a ways to go.

I liked Welchie's positive things

Mine are:

I'm over 15 months free of Benzos.

I walked the dog and the granddog in the park today.

The sun is shining.

Day four after having the car washed with still no snow.

Made it through taking my Alzheimer's husband out to lunch today.

• 2 weeks later...
[e5...]
I slept for a solid 6 hours and I haven’t felt tired today. I walked today around the trail by my house. Looked at the mountains and skies and it’s glorious. I’ve smiled, laughed and cried—all proving that I’m processing and really FEELING.

I am grateful my nephew drove 6 hours to come take me to dinner. This was the first time I have been out at night in a year.

That was so sweet of him, you have a great nephew there  :D. Mary

My mom passed away a little over 2 years ago. This came as I was just getting stable after a major wave. My Dad is legally blind and dependent on my mom. So my brothers and I moved him up with us. We sold their house, packed up his stuff and found him a home here.

This week I found myself in a major wave with my wife out of the country. So I’m really scared and lonely. One of my brothers organized a get-together for my mom’s birthday, so my dad wouldn’t be alone.

When I got there I broke down crying. I felt so drained after the week I’d had and so raw and scared. One of my brothers sat down with me, put his arm around me and hugged me for like 30 minutes.

The last few years have been so hard. Having my family with me is a huge blessing. Especially right now.

My mom passed away a little over 2 years ago. This came as I was just getting stable after a major wave. My Dad is legally blind and dependent on my mom. So my brothers and I moved him up with us. We sold their house, packed up his stuff and found him a home here.

This week I found myself in a major wave with my wife out of the country. So I’m really scared and lonely. One of my brothers organized a get-together for my mom’s birthday, so my dad wouldn’t be alone.

When I got there I broke down crying. I felt so drained after the week I’d had and so raw and scared. One of my brothers sat down with me, put his arm around me and hugged me for like 30 minutes.

The last few years have been so hard. Having my family with me is a huge blessing. Especially right now.

In really difficult and challenging times, you find out who truly loves you.  So glad that your family is there to support you!  I know that I have a whole new love and appreciation for my family ...

[e5...]

In really difficult and challenging times, you find out who truly loves you.  So glad that your family is there to support you!  I know that I have a whole new love and appreciation for my family ...

🙌🏻 Yep!

A nice idea, so something positive.

I woke up in a pretty good mood and the sun is shining!!

Hang in there everyone.

Reading these posts are putting me in tears. I woke up to a wave this morning even though I’ve been holding over a month and not sure what set it off. Was feeling pretty good for a while maybe interpose withdrawal? At the same time as luck would have it my sister is staying for a while and is helping a bit with my kids. Very grateful. We will all get through this.

I am grateful my nephew drove 6 hours to come take me to dinner. This was the first time I have been out at night in a year.

That is amazing Preachergirl, I’m sure that was an amazing experience that made you feel very loved!

Amazing!  :smitten:

I was talking a longer walk with my dog today. Jelly legs DR and feeling just odd but I did it and it feels great! I need to push myself more. My goal is to go to Swedish House Mafia consert at Globen in Stockholm,  Sweden in may this year! :smitten:

But I am Swedish so it is just a 2 hour trip to Stockholm for me :smitten

Great band! You have to go! :)

Reading these posts are putting me in tears. I woke up to a wave this morning even though I’ve been holding over a month and not sure what set it off. Was feeling pretty good for a while maybe interpose withdrawal? At the same time as luck would have it my sister is staying for a while and is helping a bit with my kids. Very grateful. We will all get through this.

So glad that your sister is there! The past few months have been so hard, but God has been showing me the grace and mercy to help me through JUST when I need it ... in the form of family support or a friend calling exactly at the right time or doctors who were actually able to help me (after so many awful doctors who were no help at all) ... today I found out that my workplace is okay with me extending my time off and working remotely upon my return (so that I can stay with family as I recover). I do believe that it is God looking out for me! Maybe we cannot understand why we suffer, but one day we will be healed and we will ultimately be more compassionate people!