• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [TP...]

• [si...]

• [el...]

• [bl...]

oh - well gee i am presently going thru that myself -  :crazy:

these acronyms just throw me for a loop.

I just finished it. I don't think it did anything, lol!

oh - well gee i am presently going thru that myself -  :crazy:

these acronyms just throw me for a loop.

I just finished it. I don't think it did anything, lol!

Actually I shouldn't say that. It's not really true. It helped. It all depends on what you put into it. You have to work with it. But I did find myself getting "addicted" to it. Like the only time my mood lifted was during and for about a day after a session. But now that I've stopped, I'm ok.  And I realize I do look at life differently now. More of an "it is what it is" attitude. Sorry Tony, LOL!

They were idiots for saying what they said to you about not being the same anymore, how ridiculous. But I do like the "it is what it is" saying. My meditation instructor used to say that all the time. It kind of helps one accept things they cannot change.

Like the Steelers losing today. :2funny:

But hey, they're in the play-offs, so I ain't complaining too much.

Boy, I just went way off topic. :)   

Bears won, but they're not in the playoffs. So, I'd swap. LOL.

They basically told me I can't look at the past and expect any of that again, and one woman even told me that once you're burned out, there's no going back! Way to encourage a person, right? "It is what it is" is fine I suppose up to a point, but they have absolutely no comprehension of what benzo witdrawals are like, and they believe that if you change your behavior and thinking your emotions will follow. Well, I'd like to put them  through a couple of years of benzo hell and see if they'd change their tune then. My therapist went through it and she says CBT is all well and good but it can't help benzo withdrawals, and it can just make a person feel like more of a basket case than they already believe they are. Someone who is in benzo withdrawal needs acknowledgement and affirmation of their condition, and not have it treated like it's no big deal. The ignorance of our suffering in the medical and psychological community is heartbreaking.

Bears won, but they're not in the playoffs. So, I'd swap. LOL.

Jeez, I may have spoken too soon about Pittsburgh! It's 21-27 with 3 min. left.

Sorry about the Bears.

The ignorance of our suffering in the medical and psychological community is heartbreaking.

I know, it's sad. I"ve personally been very fortunate with some terrific health care professionals through all this.

The ignorance of our suffering in the medical and psychological community is heartbreaking.

I know, it's sad. I"ve personally been very fortunate with some terrific health care professionals through all this.

I just wanted to add, that includes the doctors at the psych ward that initially put me ON klono and seroquel. They really did save my life, as I was suicidal, and nothing else up to that point came close to putting me to sleep. So I don't regret it, and I believe they did the right thing. It was a crisis situation. And I wasn't on for long, and my pdoc has been on board with me getting off them. :) 

well tony i am never have what i once had - but then i believe i will have something better.

there is a danger to putting a price tag on happiness - i will take freedom anytime.

you are on disability so you have freedom - now if you want acknowledgement from society for that -you may not get it - so you have to look for "quality people" - nothing wrong with that.

you may even have to believe in yourself if no one else does - but hay - nothing wrong with that either.

you are free to be what you want to be - but maybe not free to be defined by others - but hey nothing wrong with that.

you know how to use photo bucket and cut and paste now there are some puter skills there - and i am sure you have many other skills to.

don't blow off freedom and belief in yourself - those are very valuable assets to have.

When I was doing CBT at the hospital the called me "Yabutt" because I kept "Yabutt'ing" (Yeah, but). So I'm not going to Yabutt this time. LOL. I will beat this!

Thanks Silver.

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/bean.gif

BTW: I don't use Photobucket.  I got my own tricks.  :2funny:

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
One final note - I have been "in remission" or "having a window" for about a week now ... so I was proved wrong. The Neurontin cut did extend the period of my withdrawals, but I have gotten over it now and can now look forward to tapering Valium alone. Which is nice. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,  I've been trying for over a year to get off valium.  I starting on 10 mil and am currently on 1 and half mil.  I recently went to the doctor and gave him the good news and he suggest that I take Neurontin.  I told him I had fatigue and low tolerance for pain.  Anyway, he put me on 100 mil of neurontin.  I've been taking it for about 10 days and have been feeling more fatigued. My doctor told me that its not additive.  I think I'll go back to my tapper plan.  Lately I've been reducing by half a mil every 2 or 3 weeks.  I feel that nothing will help the withdrawal.  Drugs are drugs. 

Please Reply

Debbie

Hi,  I've been trying for over a year to get off valium.  I starting on 10 mil and am currently on 1 and half mil.  I recently went to the doctor and gave him the good news and he suggest that I take Neurontin.  I told him I had fatigue and low tolerance for pain.  Anyway, he put me on 100 mil of neurontin.  I've been taking it for about 10 days and have been feeling more fatigued. My doctor told me that its not additive.  I think I'll go back to my tapper plan.  Lately I've been reducing by half a mil every 2 or 3 weeks.  I feel that nothing will help the withdrawal.  Drugs are drugs. 

Please Reply

Debbie

The doctors are wrong! I was on Neurontin and it was a nightmare getting off. If you have only been taking it for 10 days at 100 mg I suggest just stop now. I was on 1600 mg per day and jumped off when I got to 300. That was a nightmare and I wouldn't wish anyone else to go through what I did. It affects one's GABA receptors and is essentially no different than  benzos in that regard. Stupid doctors! I wish they'd think it through before they make people take additional unnecessary psychoactive drugs.

Good luck with the valium taper! :)

Tony

debbie you have just heard from tony - it has some first hand experience with this drug.

doctors should be put on every drug they have ever prescribed for one year and they taken off anything they ever claimed was non addictive - that is an education you just cannot buy - but real solid.