• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [ma...]

• [Ol...]

• [Es...]

The Former and Future Former Smokers Support Group?

lol.. I was thinking one word... -two small ones, max..!!

Smoke Free SG...

About Non Smoking SG...

... Quit Smoking NOW SG...

nOOOOOHHH SMOKES SG..!!!

-this nuts..!!

Sorry..

:(

One week smoke free :boxer: Evenings are a looong crave, with all my cells begging for nicotine, from tip to toe!

Nice to see you here benzogirl, estee, azalea. Good idea, the support group! Ideas: Smoke Free SG, I Can Stop Smoking SG, No More Nicotine SG, ...

Cant, how are you doing?

Found this interesting, it's from Freedom from Nicotine

The five stages of emotional healing include:

1. Denial: "I'm not really going to quit.  I'll just pretend and see how far I get."

2. Anger: "Have I really had my last nicotine fix?  "This just isn't fair!"

3. Bargaining: "Maybe I can do it just once more.Two days without, I've earned it!"

4. Depression: "This is never going to end."  What's the use?" "Why bother?"

5. Acceptance: "Hey, I'm feeling pretty good!"  "I can do this!"  "This is great!"

It's important in navigating emotional recovery to not get stuck in any

stage before reaching acceptance.  (...) One or more phases may be absent, while another is revisited.

I think I'm currently looping through the first three stages...

Climbing the walls here..

Yup, im ghe first 3... -all at once..!!

Just went into town... home again...

no smokes, but it was touch n go a few times...

My SX are reved up from this..!!

I find the mornings are the worst for me. If I had a pack sitting around I would smoke it. I hear nicotine is the most addicting drug. I'll join that group, thank you please.

I'm on Step 5 and it's great!! The hardest parts are at 3-3-3. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. The first two are expected but the 3 months one sneaks up on you. Stay vigilant! You will feel so much better in no time (except for benzo w/d wah wah)

I'm on Step 5 and it's great!! The hardest parts are at 3-3-3. 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. The first two are expected but the 3 months one sneaks up on you. Stay vigilant! You will feel so much better in no time (except for benzo w/d wah wah)

Damn, thought this would be a cure all..!!

Woke so sick this mornong.. -for whateva reason... even vomited a little.. -unusual for me...

Think i will try to sleep a bit today..

Hope everyone else is doing ok...?

3 is today..!!

Sorry to hear that CF. Barfing is not fun. Keep up the good work on the ciggie front. I know what it’s like. Been there done that a dozen times.

Sorry to hear that CF. Barfing is not fun. Keep up the good work on the ciggie front. I know what it’s like. Been there done that a dozen times.

Thanks... Im ok..

Morning Sickness...

Im ok with it all until im around people that smoke... That will be the test...!!

How is Magnesi holding up today??

Hi Cant, I really feel better!! Ex smokers say the first one or two weeks are the worse and that seems to be true for me. Cravings are weaker and it's easier to control them. So hold on, it'll get a easier!

Hi Cant, I really feel better!! Ex smokers say the first one or two weeks are the worse and that seems to be true for me. Cravings are weaker and it's easier to control them. So hold on, it'll get a easier!

Thanks Magnesi.

I just survived my first contact with a smoker... and it was a real stressfull situation to..!!

I was close though... -I just thought of little angry dormant receptors..!

:)

Thanks Magnesi.

I just survived my first contact with a smoker... and it was a real stressfull situation to..!!

I was close though... -I just thought of little angry dormant receptors..!

:clap:

Every time you are around a smoker and resist, you get stronger! It also really helped me to imagine I was not quitting, I was escaping the ball and chain of nicotine addiction. Quitting makes it sound like you are giving up something good.  Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking was the best book, I think of the things I learned in it all the time. I truly think it made my escape as easy as it could be.

10 days without nicotine:

• It's getting easier to control cravings - I think about dopamine pathways and of how nicotine hijacked my brain all these years, giving me a false sense of relief in stressful times and even trying to take took control of my positive experiences. This makes me angry and that helps to control the urge to smoke. It's like Olivekitty  says:
    It also really helped me to imagine I was not quitting, I was escaping the ball and chain of nicotine addiction.
  • My benzo withdrawal symptoms have increased a little, specially tinnitus but also brain fog and muscle weakness/pain. However, I'm not sure this is due to nicotine withdrawal or because the last three days were busier than usual and somewhat stressful.

How are you all doing?

Hi Guys...!!

So far so good..!!

A generally better day today... anxiety down a bit..

Head pressure is lurking too.. Stomach cramps prob worse from no smokes.!!

I do think quitting made the anxiety side worse...

You both doing great...!! -leading me along..!

Lets go another week..!!!

What a great endeavour, Magnesi and fellow nicotine quitters!  :smitten:

I smoked for 6 or 7 years and can't quite explain what happened with me.

Anorexia nervosa is what landed me on benzos, it is also the reason why I started with cigarettes. I escalated to 25 or 30 a day while living with my boyfriend of the time who also smoked and didn't mind doing so in his flat...

I stopped going out with this guy, that helped  :laugh:

But what happened is that I could stand less and less the smell it left of my hands and hair. I'd even wear a dedicated jacket with the hood over my head, with the cord tightly tied  :laugh: What a look that must have been  :idiot:

So I guess I made myself sick of smoking?

I can't remember my last cigarette, but I remember the first day I didn't smoke for a long time. I was going to board a plane in december of 2010 and couldn't be bothered to go out for my cigarette. And that was it...

I wish it could be "as easy" for everybody... but if you can go through benzo-withdrawal, I can't see how cigarettes will get in your way!  :thumbsup:

Good luck all quitters!  :thumbsup:

Hugs  :smitten:

Julz xx

Just checking in and it seems everyone is doing great. Keep up the good job, guys :thumbsup:

Julz, I thought maybe I should start smoking. To lose those 4 kg (8 lb) I gained on Phenergan in the Winter 2017. I also have this Eating Disorder. It’s now in remission, but I got skinny again. As to cigs, when I thought about this terrible smell. I really couldn’t imagine doing it. And poisoning my Kitty with cigs on a daily basis... I suppose it was a deciding factor. I also thought about my lungs. They almost never failed me. Except for a few asthma attacks, caused by allergies. They don’t deserve to be poisoned. Such was my reasoning, more or less. I only smoked cigs for 2 weeks in high school. Then occasionally at parties, while drinking. They always made me sick.

Just checking in and it seems everyone is doing great. Keep up the good job, guys :thumbsup:

Julz, I thought maybe I should start smoking. To lose those 4 kg (8 lb) I gained on Phenergan in the Winter 2017. I also have this Eating Disorder. It’s now in remission, but I got skinny again. As to cigs, when I thought about this terrible smell. I really couldn’t imagine doing it. And poisoning my Kitty with cigs on a daily basis... I suppose it was a deciding factor. I also thought about my lungs. They almost never failed me. Except for a few asthma attacks, caused by allergies. They don’t deserve to be poisoned. Such was my reasoning, more or less. I only smoked cigs for 2 weeks in high school. Then occasionally at parties, while drinking. They always made me sick.

Estee, I am so glad you never got addicted to cigarettes!  :thumbsup: I know you have suffered from eating disorders too, which has probably taken you to go to great lengths to lose weight. Developing an addiction in hopes of keeping your weight under control?... You'd end up with a filthy dried up body, no money.. risks of becoming VERY VERY sick... and trapped with an addiction you'd want to get rid of in time. I don't know in what order, but all of those factors just say it is a very bad idea indeed. And your kitty - Goodness! If you don't feel you can care much about yourself right now, you care very much for your kitty... I can relate and agree... definitely harmful for her... so I hope you are convinced not to touch cigs!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Julz...

A great vote of confidence..!!

Wishing you well...

Great to see you here, Cant!  :smitten:

Do you put to the side the money you don't spend as a result of quitting cigs? You'd soon end up with enough to buy yourself an impressive boat  8) .. or perhaps start smaller...  ::) ...but I think the amount will rise fast  :o

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Julz...

A great vote of confidence..!!

Wishing you well...

Great to see you here, Cant!  :smitten:

Do you put to the side the money you don't spend as a result of quitting cigs? You'd soon end up with enough to buy yourself an impressive boat  8) .. or perhaps start smaller...  ::) ...but I think the amount will rise fast  :o

Hugs  :smitten: :smitten:

Hmmm.. a boat..?? What a novel idea..!! -I knew a little boat once..!!

Im sure C15 will have his eye on it..!!

Maybe I could get propper internet..!!

Yeah, Julz. An Eating Disorder is one of the most destructive and dangerous addictions one can have. Only those who went through it know. Luckily, I’m now in remission. Eating healthy and drinking lots of water. Kitty is the best medicine I have found in life. No kids, so she’s like a daughter to me.