Tinnitus & Anxiety

[Ti...]

Hi, I was on 4 mg valium and had to reinstate due to Dr making me taper to fast.  I had existing t/pt

which became louder.  I also have GAD for many years.  I tapered down to 2 mg without to much of a problem.  I’ve reached 1.25mg and have to hold. It’s been over 3 weeks and my anxiety has been terrible.  I’ve been cutting .25mg every two weeks, probably to much of a cut.  My t wakes me up every night, so loud.  I don’t know if it’s anxiety, w/d  or both.  I don’t know what to do next.  How much longer to hold.  I’ve been told to cut 0.125 mg every 2 to 3 weeks.  I don’t know how to liquid

titration.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Tina, you should hold until you feel better, which you'll eventually do. There's no universal rule, it depends on every individual, type of benzo, time on benzos, etc. Could be days or months. Try not to worry too much about it, distract yourself, exercise as you can. I've been through very rough times, I still have tinnitus, brain fog, muscle pain but don't have much time to think about them. I'm doing what I can in terms of work and exercise and sometimes I can't much but that's much better than nothing. I'm using a liquid suspension prepared at the pharmacy.

All the best  :smitten:

Hi Magnesi,  Thank you for your reply.  You are right I have to distract myself more.  Just wish I could get some sleep.  I’ll hold till I feel better.  Wishing you a speedy recovery off of these horrible pills.

Hi Magnesi,  Thank you for your reply.  You are right I have to distract myself more.  Just wish I could get some sleep.  I’ll hold till I feel better.  Wishing you a speedy recovery off of these horrible pills.

Thank you, Tina. After reducing the benzo and quitting a horrible job that brought me a lot of stress I started sleeping much better. Hope things soon get better to you too!

Hi Tina,

I've had Tinnitus for 15 years but when I began to reduce the benzos it got louder and louder. Tapering was not a good trip for me at all, so I decided to jump when I was at 2mg Ativan. That was Aug 29th. About 5 months later I'm still not 100% but I am much better than being on benzos. I actually had a whole month where I felt pretty normal and thought I was cured, and then I have had many windows and waves. I'm also on AD's which I need for depression. They have not worked for anxiety yet but they did help in the past. I'm trying to find the right one again.

Hi PaulMar,

Thank you for responding to my post.  I’ve had T/Pt for nearly 30 years.  I was able to cope until

I started to taper.  I can’t sleep my pt gets very loud.  How is your t now that you are off benzos?

Wishing you well, Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tina,

It bearable and a little better but not much. I'm 6 months off Benzos and really sensitive so I think it will take a more time for me to heal. It's really strange. When my anxiety is bad, my T is lower. When the anxiety goes down my T is louder.