4 years off and plus group

[Te...]

korbe and seekingsanity, do you think the Quell will help with muscle spasms?I

Also, do either of you feel any relaxation in your muscles after using it.I

These muscle spasms I have all over my body are chronic.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Te...]

• [ra...]

• [be...]

• [Be...]

ihope, thanks.  I really am only able to use a small bit of brain power now.  I used to be more on top of it, but it's gone now.  I'm scared.  I have alot of college credits under my belt, but now I can't even read books or cook from a recipe anymore, etc.  These drugs destroyed my brain when I got off of them.

Beulah,

I’m not sure what you mean by muscle spasms. Are they like muscle cramps? I feel like the Quell does relax me, but maybe it’s just less pain. It’s supposed to help with with restless leg syndrome so perhaps it might help with muscle spasms. If you’re having muscle cramping then I know something that works for me that stops a muscle cramp in less that a minute. It’s an old Amish formula made of mostly vinegar. Look it up using the name Stops leg & foot cramps in about 1 min. It’s not expensive & comes in an 8 oz bottle. Using a half an ounce mixed with water and like magic the cramp is gone.

Korbe

Beulah,

I’m not sure what you mean by muscle spasms. Are they like muscle cramps? I feel like the Quell does relax me, but maybe it’s just less pain. It’s supposed to help with with restless leg syndrome so perhaps it might help with muscle spasms. If you’re having muscle cramping then I know something that works for me that stops a muscle cramp in less that a minute. It’s an old Amish formula made of mostly vinegar. Look it up using the name Stops leg & foot cramps in about 1 min. It’s not expensive & comes in an 8 oz bottle. Using a half an ounce mixed with water and like magic the cramp is gone.

Korbe

Korbe, thanks for getting back with me. I actually ordered the stops in my second yr off..it did nothing. Muscle spasms are like muscle cramps. I ordered Theraworx for muscle cramps and spasms and got it today..I pray it helps. Hugs.

I will be 7 years out in May...still struggling horrifically ..severe nerve pain head to toe ...it starts in my mouth then spreads whatever intensity or symptom in my mouth goes literally entire body same time ..when ir calms it calms everywhere exact same time

..it goes from cutting stinging scraping feeling of inflammation just a sympton itself ...chemical flowing burning ...it keeps changing ...i just recently started smoking and now no relief anymore...any stimulation it aggrevvates the mouth first then spreads with higher intensity ..i am finctional but in severe pain ..feel like i got worse ...evrry test was done ...nothing !! Not even inflammation ....but it starts in mouth then spreads exsct same time exact same intensity ...i feel lost 

Helpme - have just read your post and can only say how very sad I am for what you are having to endure so far out - it must be difficult for you - I  am in my own private hell having just reached 4 years and some days - many - I wonder to myself how I get through each day - so goodness knows what it must be like for you at almost 7 years.  From what I read and hear from those on a help line it seems that recently there seems to be an increase in  those, like yourself, who are far out and even further than you,  so be reassured you are far from alone. And I wish for you that 2018 will be the year you will loose a lot of your pains and begin to feel lots of healing taking place.

:mybuddy:

Raksha, that is such a lovely message.

I’m sitting here with my Quell on this afternoon, late start to my day.  I think I may be emerging from this vat of pain.  I am thankful for every step forward after months of living in the abyss.  Baby steps.

Sending healing to everyone.  So sorry this is hard.  Yesterday I had a good cry, my husband is struggling to walk these days.  It puts my struggle in context.  I truly wish life didn’t have to be so hard for so many of us.

Helpme123, I wonder if the Quell might help you as well.  Might be worth trying?  My pain follows the same pattern, starts in a localized area (like my shoulder, neck or ribcage or flank) then generalizes to my body, as if I have been dipped in acid.  So debilitating.  The Quell device has helped me a great deal after months of being back in acute.

:smitten:

Ali

Help me......I've got teeth nerve issues too...it's just aweful.....certain teeth  feel like they are being pulled or they tight and they pop or twitch at times.. ....I've got tight muscles issues ...like jaw,mouth,face,throat at times.....my mouth burns....along with gums....do you have better days...worse days? It's so hard for me to relax my mouth...that's it....can't get comfortable with my mouth....

I'm going to order the Quell device....I'll let you know if it helps with any of my mouth issues..

Hugs everyone....I had an dentist apt today...I'm in a lot of pain tonight....had high anxiety today ...wonder if the dentist apt made it worse

TM

helpme, I am so sorry. Not being healed after 7 yrs out could send a person down a rabbit hole of doom and gloom. I think raksha had a good message..healing could be around the corner...we all hold onto that hope and it's true for so many.

Just please know you are not alone in this journey.The healing and recovery road can be so hard..the toughest road I've been down in my lifetime and I'm 62..have been down some rough roads.  Don't lose hope!

I will be 7 years out in May...still struggling horrifically ..severe nerve pain head to toe ...it starts in my mouth then spreads whatever intensity or symptom in my mouth goes literally entire body same time ..when ir calms it calms everywhere exact same time

..it goes from cutting stinging scraping feeling of inflammation just a sympton itself ...chemical flowing burning ...it keeps changing ...i just recently started smoking and now no relief anymore...any stimulation it aggrevvates the mouth first then spreads with higher intensity ..i am finctional but in severe pain ..feel like i got worse ...evrry test was done ...nothing !! Not even inflammation ....but it starts in mouth then spreads exsct same time exact same intensity ...i feel lost

helpme, thanks for posting and sharing you will heal, everyone does

Thank you 😊😊 hope ypur wife is feeling better hun

Thanks for asking about my wife.  She is having some pretty wild swings up and down.  Some of her best days so far and also days that she says are as bad as any as far as depression and anxiety.  Of course it's easier for me to see that this is improvement with the good days, and also days that are good in a row.  She see's the bad days as a sign she will never heal.  This morning was good, this afternoon not good.  Some of it could be anxiety because your daughter is expecting her first child any day and found out this week the baby is now breech and they are planning a c-section.  Our daughter lives 5 hours away so we will be staying with her for up to 10 days to help out. 

TM, thanks for starting this group.

I’m in my 50th month and most of my terrible withdrawal effects are gone with the exception of boatiness. I was suffering terrible neuropathy burning pain in my lower legs but I’ve solved that problem by using the Quell pain relief device.  I believe it can help any of you with your pain. There is no risk involved because you can get your money back if it doesn’t work. You can buy it from Amazon or any drug store like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart etc.on line. They all charge the same and Quell guarantees your money back.  It cost $249.00. The only people that can’t use it are those who have knee or hip replacements or any other metal device implanted.

Now if only someone could figure out how to get my balance back. I’ve been to two neurologists and

one said there was nothing wrong and probably was benzo related. The other one wanted me to try

high doses of gabbapentin. Really! There was no way I was going to do that.

Hang in there.

Korbe

What was your pain like? I believe I am struggling with this now. Mine seems to have been triggered by a migraine as it came out of nowhere.

Pardner1

Tell your wife I'm praying for her...and I wanted to tell her what a great hubby she has for being so supportive....enjoy the new grand baby

Ang1111....sounds like your going through a rough patch...isn't it weird how new symptoms pop up...I tell myself it's healing signs...but I know it can mess with me....

Going to see a dermatologist today because I've got a sore or something nasty on my upper back and ii can't seem to get it to heal....praying it's nothing to worry about

Wishing everyone a great day

TM

Ang111,

My pain before using the Quell was extreme burning or stinging on the front of my lower legs. Felt like the worst sunburn ever. I tried a variety of products on the skin but nothing helped. I would put ice packs on it which would numb it for a while but the pain would just return. My doctor prescribed a drug for pain which helped a lot but then I developed tolerance to that so needed a higher dose. Finding the Quell has been a miracle for me. It takes away 90% of my pain, so now I am able to gradually reduce the pain meds until I’m off completely.

I’m sorry about your migraines. I’m not sure if the Quell will help with those, but it’s supposed to help with pain anywhere in the body so it might help. Check out Quellpainrelief.com and you’ll find a phone number to call for information.

Korbe

Korbe,

Can I ask what was the pain medicine that your on?

I'm going to order the device myself and pray it can work wonders up to my mouth ...Im telling myself if it doesn't help it's because the mouth is to far for the device to reach...but I'm desperate I'll try anything....I'm so glad Korbe it's helping you...it's so nice to hear when something helps ...makes it hopeful to others

TM

Hello everyone, i'm not "yet" at 4 years out, but needed to ask you if anyone had issues with lyme disease ? I'd like to be more aware of this. Cause i have a high suspicion of this as i'm getting worse each month. I wish you all the best healing with all my heart.

Youg

I thought the same thing ...I've been tested a few times by my family doctor and also by my neurologist...all test came back normal...then I went through another lab that buddies suggested on here to try it again ...that also came back normal....but it's worth testing yourself to find out...I know allmy symptoms matched up with Lymes disease

TM

Youg

I thought the same thing ...I've been tested a few times by my family doctor and also by my neurologist...all test came back normal...then I went through another lab that buddies suggested on here to try it again ...that also came back normal....but it's worth testing yourself to find out...I know allmy symptoms matched up with Lymes disease

TM

Yeah its a real shit to have a good diagnosis on this, as the test is only about one or two bacteria when it exists 20 sorts or more. In france people have to get tested by Veterinary labs as they are better than human ones. Crazy, purely crazy.

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease about one year off.  I had the bulls eye rash on my shoulder and it got very achy and sore.  Got the swollen lymph nodes under my arms and fever and chills.  Ended up not being able to take all the antibiotics because of the side effects.  I may have chronic Lyme but not sure.  The test came back negative last time I was tested a few years ago.  If there is no reason to suspect you have Lyme then you probably don't have it.

The reason Is that I have the same symptoms as lyme, i'm getting much sick than the first months out and I have no relief. I have multiple infections and a liver problem too. But my western blot ca me back limit On the negative "7/7 ui". I Just suspect It, but I for so many symptoms, I cant even wake up sometimes.

yong, this is a support group for people 4 years off and more.  Maybe someone on the regular forum could help answer your question about Lyme disease? 

yong, this is a support group for people 4 years off and more.  Maybe someone on the regular forum could help answer your question about Lyme disease?

As Lyme is a chronicle infection, i'm talking to the people who have been there for the longest time. That makes sense as you may not check every post individually on the post-withdrawal i guess because it always talks about the same things.

I try to inform myself, but if you're here its maybe because you didnt get the good answers yourself, i shouldn't have asked here, you're right. :)

And thanks so much for reminding me the purpose of this group, as i'm too early in withdrawal i can't read very well too. You're too kind.

Texas Mama,

I started on 50mg Tramadol but after 6 months I had to take two pills or 100mg every 6 hrs to get any relief.  I’ve not increased that dose but it barely works that’s why Im glad I found the Quell.

The Quell works by stimulating the nerves in your brain that block pain so I think it might work for you.

Good Luck,

Korbe