Liquid Tapering Off Clonazepam

[Bo...]

If you want to pull off everyday then you could do:

.5mg+1cc vodka + 99cc water = 100cc

100cc into .5mg = .005mg/cc

You could pull 1 cc for .005mg or if want to titrate lower,

then pull off 1/2cc which would be .0025mg.

Try that and see how you do. You can make the cuts even lower with the 1cc syringe,

It takes time to figure out what dose and rate you need go. Everyone is different.

I hope I did this right.  :)       

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Bo...]

• [bu...]

• [...]

• [Je...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I feel as if I'm always being scolded by you? I'm just looking for some "kind" help on here. Thanks for your time anyway.

Hi Boppin. Builder is very kind and patient. He has to deal with a lot of us who are trying to figure it out. I did not understand at first and spent 2 whole days wracking by brain to understand the logic. It finally clicked. He is just trying to give a way where we don't have to waste any of the drug and really make it easier. It gets tedious making a dose every night to pull off and discard. With making a batch, all you have to do is drink the amount that is needed. You are still decreasing the dose, just not wasting any. Hope this helps! :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks Dana I'll try your suggestion. I have a very large supply of pills due to the fact that my Dr. prescribed 60 per month and I only ever took 30 per month. I still refilled my script every 30 days just in case this happened. I do appreciate Builders attempt at helping me but my nervous system is fried from trying to grasp this and I am no where NEAR as beno savvy as he is or he assumes I am.  My apologies Builder.

No apologies needed, but your selling yourself short.  This has nothing to do with being "benzo savvy", its just about how you measure a dose of any medicine.  I'm pretty sure you have never dosed any other med, Rx or OTC, by throwing away part of  it taking what was left.  Even when you liquify your benzo, it's still just like any other liquid medicine.  You would just measure out the scheduled dose, and take it.

You can choose any protocol you want, but trust me, this is much easier, and much more straight forward.

The "pull-and-discard" system is more appropriate for milk.  Because of the short shelf-life (and because its dilutabiluty is limited) making a large batch of benzo milk doesn't work very well.  But neither of those limitations apply to a vodka/water or PG/water solution.

With a 1ml or a 10ml oral syringe.  But it will be easier with the 10ml.

But if you look at the schedule I gave you, you will be measuring amounts like 49.65ml, 49.3ml, 48.95ml, etc...

Why don't you go ahead and get a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and familiarize yourself with using them.  I'm sure you will find this  really isn't very difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I posted, and I just want to say thank you to builder, Dana, and Sharkey.  They were so patient with me when I was trying to wrap my head around liquid tapering off .50 clonazepam.  I FINALLY got what they were trying to tell me  Another thing that helped is I finally got my 1ml syringes, at builders suggestion, and it did make it easier. My first attempt was to  dissolve .50 pill in 98 mg of milk and after drinking that solution for two weeks, I tried pulling 2ml with my 12ml syringe and had major problems. After I got my 1ml syringes I compared the .50ml drawn out with my 1ml syringe to .50ml drawn out by my 12 ml syringe and there was quite a discrepancy. I realized I wasn't reading the increments correctly on the 12ml syringe. The 1ml has .50 ml plainly marked.  I also ditched the milk because it was giving me stomach problems. (Bloating, gas, etc) I started using 80 proof vodka to dissolve my pill, then added 98ml water. Worked good. Then I read 100 proof or higher works better so I bought some Everclear 150 proof to try but I freaked out when I saw all the warning signs on the bottle about how flammable it is and threw it away. I know! I then purchased 100 proof vodka and it's working fine!

The biggest hurdle when first starting out is overcoming our anxiety of tapering. The fear of the unknown and what if.........?  I see a lot of people on this website who scare people with their symptoms and when you read their stories you find they have stopped their drug ct.! They say they knew it was not advised and admit it. Don't continue to read those stories. Try liquid titration using alch/water combo and you won't regret it. Work with builder.  He knows his stuff and doesn't sugarcoat anything. Some may get offended with his bluntness, (I was) until I kept studying what he was trying to tell me and along with advice from Sharkey I feel I can do this smoothly and possibly be done sometime in May 2018. MAYBE?  Goodnight everyone.

It's been awhile since I posted, and I just want to say thank you to builder, Dana, and Sharkey.  They were so patient with me when I was trying to wrap my head around liquid tapering off .50 clonazepam.  I FINALLY got what they were trying to tell me  Another thing that helped is I finally got my 1ml syringes, at builders suggestion, and it did make it easier. My first attempt was to  dissolve .50 pill in 98 mg of milk and after drinking that solution for two weeks, I tried pulling 2ml with my 12ml syringe and had major problems. After I got my 1ml syringes I compared the .50ml drawn out with my 1ml syringe to .50ml drawn out by my 12 ml syringe and there was quite a discrepancy. I realized I wasn't reading the increments correctly on the 12ml syringe. The 1ml has .50 ml plainly marked.  I also ditched the milk because it was giving me stomach problems. (Bloating, gas, etc) I started using 80 proof vodka to dissolve my pill, then added 98ml water. Worked good. Then I read 100 proof or higher works better so I bought some Everclear 150 proof to try but I freaked out when I saw all the warning signs on the bottle about how flammable it is and threw it away. I know! I then purchased 100 proof vodka and it's working fine!

The biggest hurdle when first starting out is overcoming our anxiety of tapering. The fear of the unknown and what if.........?  I see a lot of people on this website who scare people with their symptoms and when you read their stories you find they have stopped their drug ct.! They say they knew it was not advised and admit it. Don't continue to read those stories. Try liquid titration using alch/water combo and you won't regret it. Work with builder.  He knows his stuff and doesn't sugarcoat anything. Some may get offended with his bluntness, (I was) until I kept studying what he was trying to tell me and along with advice from Sharkey I feel I can do this smoothly and possibly be done sometime in May 2018. MAYBE?  Goodnight everyone.

Great stuff!!!!  Keep it up!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Sharkey, I received a pm from an acquaintance on this board and was advised that I'm reducing by a rate of 0.75mg per month (15%) per month and that it may prove to be too aggressive and possibly I should slow it down to 5-10 % per month. That would be reducing by 1/4cc correct?  What do you think?

There is no universal "right" taper rate.  A taper should always be symptom-driven.  Only you can determine if your rate is suitable.

FWIW, 15%/month is a fairly conservative rate.  It would fall about midway in the "recommended" 5-10% per 2 weeks.

I would suggest you wait a week or 2 and see how it's going before you make any changes.  One of the real advantages of a daily taper is any sxs will emerge gradually, and you will have time to respond before they become overwhelming.  You will NOT get slammed like you would with a C&H taper.

Thanks so much builder. Other than mild neuropathy in my feet and a few twitches, I'm actually feeling better mentally after only 7 days of titrating!

Thanks so much builder. Other than mild neuropathy in my feet and a few twitches, I'm actually feeling better mentally after only 7 days of titrating!

I noticed significant improvements in mood, energy, and lower anxiety after about a week.

Exactly what I'm feeling. I think I'm going to stay off the board for awhile. Reading about anxiety tends to breed anxiety in my opinion.

Hi Sharkey, I received a pm from an acquaintance on this board and was advised that I'm reducing by a rate of 0.75mg per month (15%) per month and that it may prove to be too aggressive and possibly I should slow it down to 5-10 % per month. That would be reducing by 1/4cc correct?  What do you think?

Are you using the sample plan that I did for you?  If so, that was a rate of .0025mg a day which should be manageable.  Now that you have started just go with how you feel.  If you feel symptoms, slow down or hold for a few days.  When you feel better continue.  I like to judge based on how you feel rather than look at it as a timeline or % per month.  The smoothest ride wins the race!

Stay strong!

sharkey