• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Re...]

• [ne...]

• [Yo...]

• [As...]

Amen RedSky.

Yes I have done silks (tissu) and hoop. Straps and trapeze kind of scare me though!

I'm sorry you had to give it all up - that must have been heartbreaking.

Is pole dancing the same kind that women do at those bars?

Troublemaker! Haha I like it.

Yes like RedSky said it can be done in a strip club, a dance studio, a performance (cirque du soleil has a world renowned pole dancer who does a solo in the Michael Jackson cirque show) or a competition - they have them around the world now. Some are pushing for it to become an Olympic sport.

This is the same video I posted initially if you want to see an example of artistic pole dance.

I may open my own studio - and it's important for those in the pole and aerial community to open the eyes of the people who have only seen pole dancing in a strip club.

Amen RedSky.

Yes I have done silks (tissu) and hoop. Straps and trapeze kind of scare me though!

That's awesome! I'm hoping to get back to it one day. I will be an old lady swinging from the rafters!

Amen RedSky.

That's awesome! I'm hoping to get back to it one day. I will be an old lady swinging from the rafters!

Absolutely! Check out Greta Pontarelli - she's in her early 60s and competes in pole fitness/dance! If she can do it you can too lady!

Absolutely! Check out Greta Pontarelli - she's in her early 60s and competes in pole fitness/dance! If she can do it you can too lady!

Sweet justice, good for her! This gives me hope!

I'm so jealous of anyone who can express themselves through dance. I mean real dancing, not the spasticity I exhibited at clubs. Had fun though!

:smitten:

I love that style of dancing too Shook! Don't sell yourself short!

I love this dance style. It's also very dark and addresses themes of abuse so please do not watch it if you are easily triggered. But incredibly beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

Red, what beautiful, poetic dances!  :smitten:

I'm gonna post one just for fun.  :)

You can picture me whispering in your ear with her accent...  :heybabe:

Red, what beautiful, poetic dances!  :smitten:

I'm gonna post one just for fun.  :)

You can picture me whispering in your ear with her accent...  :heybabe:

That was really fun to watch New! Thanks for sharing. I almost forgot this thread existed. Will have to post some more in the future.