Rapid metabolizers support group

[Ki...]

Hey yall. I've got some thoughts about the metabolism thing, Miyu, but need to be at the  computer to think properly. The computer is blocking internet acces why I dont know. I can manage short posts from my phone, but the more complicated posts...well I need to be at the computer and a real keyboard.

Will post as soon as I can. FYI, I think there are more rapid metabolizers of V at BB. Maybe they don't want to talk about it or they're on another benzo or they don't know.

Hugs to you both, Left

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ki...]

• [...]

• [Rh...]

• [Le...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that stinks, Left, I know it is hard to do long posts on a handheld!

Just as an aside I switched generics ( well my pharmacy switched me) and I decided to go to half of old and half of new for a week or so then 3/4 to 1/4 and now Im on one 5 mg pill a day for a week holding a little to adjust. Aside from the usual taper stuff- sporadic sleep, tight muscles, headaches around dinnertime that wont quit- it seems to be ok. I can tell the difference already, some good things some different- not really bad but not good. So all valiums are not created equal, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. This one is a little more sedating, maybe its stronger, maybe the headaches and symptoms are simply taper related. But they are very different. So I wonder if maybe some valiums degrade into a different ratio of metabolites due to the binders, fillers etc? Or even the manufacturing process? I know some cardiologists refuse to prescribe generics for certain conditions. Maybe there is something there too, I dunno.

Hey yall. I've got some thoughts about the metabolism thing, Miyu, but need to be at the  computer to think properly. The computer is blocking internet acces why I dont know. I can manage short posts from my phone, but the more complicated posts...well I need to be at the computer and a real keyboard.

Will post as soon as I can. FYI, I think there are more rapid metabolizers of V at BB. Maybe they don't want to talk about it or they're on another benzo or they don't know.

Hugs to you both, Left

Thanks Left , I look forward to hearing your thoughts .....sorry about your computer! Can you go back to a previous date ?  I forget how to do that , but I used to do it on my laptop if I had issues .

I agree I think there must be other rapid metabolizers ... They probably just don't know .

I sometimes wonder if my brain has got stuck in a rut so to speak with the patterns of experience with Valium , and now my body goes into automatic reaction to it , like an unconscious trauma .

Kind of like an allergy , sensitization.......

Hugs to you and kitty too ,

MiYu  :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Man, being a rapid metabolizer is so hard!  I feel like the lower I get the more intense my WD is.

I've never tried grapefruit juice or Prilosec, but am getting pretty desperate!  I'm tapering .25 mg's over a month.  Is that slow?  I'm trying to stay around 10% taper rate a month, and adding days so I can accomplish it. I know at some point I'll have to go slower than .25 mg a month taper rate.

Sorry, kinda off the subject!

Rach

Its slow but the point is to get to zero as comfortable as possible. If you can taper at a rate that will get you off while living your life, you are doing it right. What is slow for some is too fast for others. Dont worry about what others speed is- you do whats right for you! For some folks it gets easier as they get lower and for others its just the opposite- like you they find it harder. I find it easier in many ways, but I reduced my cuts from half a mg a month to a third, even close to a quarter. Just do what works for you. Rapid metabolism does throw another layer of ugly on the process. Good luck❤️

• 4 years later...
How did it go with the Bergamot? I am in a 3+ year setback from taking it every day for a year. Didn't realize it acts on GABA. :(