Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Updosing Support Group

[no...]

I'm sad/sorry to say I've also been considering updosing as I just can't seem to get stable on this .5 that I've been at for months and am now in tolerance wd.  I really want off this but I'm starting to become non-functional.  Problem is with all these crappy brands of K, I don't even know if it would help me. 

ddjohn, what dose did you start at?  How often do you dose?  Do you still feel interdose w/d symptoms between your doses?  When you say, functional, what does that mean?  I'm still trying to determine what that is.....I tried to do small microcuts (with a file/scale) and got horrific symptoms just cutting 1.7% over 3 days.....tons more trembling, muscle pain, cramping, etc. I'm definitely experiencing acute symptoms - tolerance wd.  I technically updosed last night a bit, so I can try to go back to 1x per day but I still feel pretty crappy today.  I do think it's partly the Activas brand.  I think it hits me hard and doesn't linger - my body just eats it up quickly.  Accord, I feel nothing.  I don't have the money to try Brand K and I hear that's not good either. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ca...]

• [NJ...]

• [Ba...]

• [va...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking brand k and it works well for me. I have unfortunately had to double dose my K since Sept. due to life stress, but it is keeping me functional and I cannot taper and take care of an ill child at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Nova, this is wonderful to have a Support Group, I want to post to some of the threads, but just do not want to read all of the flack that is going on, sometimes we need to remove ourselves from all the advise and branch out. I will tell you if I had not up dosed at times, I would not be doing as well as I am now, am I sx free, no but I just have blips of sx's that come and go, because I have given my body and Brain all the time it needs to recoup and yes it will take time, but it does and will help. One thing you said is so very true, out of fear buddies only up dose a very tiny amt and if having bad sx's this will not help, you need to go to the dosage where you felt better and stay there until things level out. Everyone here at BB wants to be well, and we can be but sometimes we need to try our wings and not give in to Peer pressure this is our individual fight, we will waste time being sick, why not spend some time getting stable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Begood hi. I just found this thread and I'm considering updosing to 2 mgs instead of the 1.40 I updosed to 11 days ago, because I'm still in hell.

Nova, this is wonderful to have a Support Group, I want to post to some of the threads, but just do not want to read all of the flack that is going on, sometimes we need to remove ourselves from all the advise and branch out. I will tell you if I had not up dosed at times, I would not be doing as well as I am now, am I sx free, no but I just have blips of sx's that come and go, because I have given my body and Brain all the time it needs to recoup and yes it will take time, but it does and will help. One thing you said is so very true, out of fear buddies only up dose a very tiny amt and if having bad sx's this will not help, you need to go to the dosage where you felt better and stay there until things level out. Everyone here at BB wants to be well, and we can be but sometimes we need to try our wings and not give in to Peer pressure this is our individual fight, we will waste time being sick, why not spend some time getting stable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Begood hi. I just found this thread and I'm considering updosing to 2 mgs instead of the 1.40 I updosed to 11 days ago, because I'm still in hell.

Vnm, as I said in the above post, that it does take a higher dose to feel better and time. Best to you on your quest to wellness. 💖Peace and Healing.

Hi. I wonder if this group can help me with something I did last night. I know it was really bad to do buy trust me I'm not capable of doing one more night in a row of zero sleep. Not zero hours, zero seconds,as when my eyes closed my body jolted. I was exhausted even to keep my eyes open, but couldnt close them. This withdrawal I'm having this time is beyond anything I imagined and anything I see in people's testimonies. Ok what did I do? I am down to 1.40 which was an updose from 1 after hitting a very bad wall. Things after 10 days are not getting better but worse (at least I slept 2 or 3 hours, lately NOTHING. I was really scared, depressed last night. I took half a lorazepam (0.5) at 12 at night, and another half (0,5) at 1 a.m. I know, this is terrible as I'm down to 1.40 valium and this equates to 10 mgs valium. AnywayI've slept between 3 or four hours, which is a lifesaver. But now I guess I have to do the math, and I need help. I guess as this was such a big rescue dose I would have to updose to a figure that levels out the rescue dose with my stable dose of 1.40. Would this mean updosing to 2 mgs? Can someone help with this? I was already considering very seriously an updose because I couldn't continue with zero sleep. But I knew an updose of valium takes two weeks to work,and I couldn't spend two more weeks on zero sleep. I can't affort to lose it and go crazy due to no sleep, I have a 13 y/o living with me. OK if somebody can give me a tip as to what to do now I'd really appreciate it. I suppose if I go on at 1.40 I'd never stabilize due to the effect of this bit rescue dose? Thanks for reading.

Hi. I wonder if this group can help me with something I did last night. I know it was really bad to do buy trust me I'm not capable of doing one more night in a row of zero sleep. Not zero hours, zero seconds,as when my eyes closed my body jolted. I was exhausted even to keep my eyes open, but couldnt close them. This withdrawal I'm having this time is beyond anything I imagined and anything I see in people's testimonies. Ok what did I do? I am down to 1.40 which was an updose from 1 after hitting a very bad wall. Things after 10 days are not getting better but worse (at least I slept 2 or 3 hours, lately NOTHING. I was really scared, depressed last night. I took half a lorazepam (0.5) at 12 at night, and another half (0,5) at 1 a.m. I know, this is terrible as I'm down to 1.40 valium and this equates to 10 mgs valium. AnywayI've slept between 3 or four hours, which is a lifesaver. But now I guess I have to do the math, and I need help. I guess as this was such a big rescue dose I would have to updose to a figure that levels out the rescue dose with my stable dose of 1.40. Would this mean updosing to 2 mgs? Can someone help with this? I was already considering very seriously an updose because I couldn't continue with zero sleep. But I knew an updose of valium takes two weeks to work,and I couldn't spend two more weeks on zero sleep. I can't affort to lose it and go crazy due to no sleep, I have a 13 y/o living with me. OK if somebody can give me a tip as to what to do now I'd really appreciate it. I suppose if I go on at 1.40 I'd never stabilize due to the effect of this bit rescue dose? Thanks for reading.

There is no need to updose due to a rescue dose, which is what this was. So you don't need to worry about it. If you need to updose to remain functional/can't take it anymore, that is a different story but a long term strategy rather than this one off. Hope you feel a bit better today with some sleep.

Vnm, as I said in the above post, that it does take a higher dose to feel better and time. Best to you on your quest to wellness. 💖Peace and Healing.

Great advice Begood. THANK YOU  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi

I am right now beyond comprehending what is being said here. Can barely write.

I updosed last night from 10.72 mg Valium to 11. Though I finally got some sleep, 6 hrs, symptoms have continued to go up all day. Started with pounding migraine, nausea but the anxiety had lifted. Now it is back with a vengeance. I am trembling so bad. Legs, jellylike. Dp/dr worse. Everything worse. I keep making stupid mistakes. Do I go back down in dose and further destabilize my system. Do I hold here til symptoms abate?

I regret ever crossing over to V from the git go. Per a schedule that was set up for me on BB, I crossed too fast and cut too fast. I have been holding for near 7 mo without any relief. I’m 2 minutes away from going inpatient. Any advice please? Thanks Lil

Hang in there, Deb......it's hard to know what is right.  Some just get the short end of the stick.  I don't think you have necessarily done anything wrong so don't blame yourself.  There are many who C/T off of 8 mgs of K with no issues. 

Cass, how are you doing? Any better?

Did you go up in dose or toughing it out?

Has the timing change helped settle things down?

Lilgma have you read this post by Begood?

I did V. But still can’t comprehend. Don’t know what to do.

Wait to settle? I am so out of it. I made another big mistake 💕

When will I learn?

I did V. But still can’t comprehend. Don’t know what to do.

Wait to settle? I am so out of it. I made another big mistake 💕

When will I learn?

Lil, it said take enough you feel better, a tiny updose is not enough  :(

Mary, I’m afraid to make any more changes now.

I screwed up, again

Thank you ❤️

You do what you feel is best , we are here ♥️

I agree with Mary. In my opinion, you need to go up higher. The amount you updosed is tiny. You have cut quite a bit since the first of the year.

You also need to be kinder to yourself. It sounds like you are blaming yourself, you keep saying you made a mistake. You haven't made a mistake. We all do the best we can. I hope you feel better soon. Please hang in there.

Deb, you have not made more mistakes than many on here so don't blame yourself.  It's not your fault that you got sucked into acute tolerance so quickly. 

I have not gone up in dose.  I'm not doing better.  My burning pain is the worst symptom for me right now, in addition to the akathisia, anxiety, etc etc.  I've got about 40-50 symptoms.  I meet with my psychiatrist tomorrow, to go over options.  I'm trying to convert to liquid to see if I can get on a more even dosing and find a way to taper directly from the K.  We'll see.  My kids are gone and they are not rocking my CNS, slamming doors and being loud so that helps.  But this burning is HELL plus the akathisia.   

Thanks NJ

The little tiny dose gave me akathisia, migraine, trembling anxiety.

I’m scared to go any higher.

I appreciate your time and help. 💕Lil

Deb, you have not made more mistakes than many on here so don't blame yourself.  It's not your fault that you got sucked into acute tolerance so quickly. 

I have not gone up in dose.  I'm not doing better.  My burning pain is the worst symptom for me right now, in addition to the akathisia, anxiety, etc etc.  I've got about 40-50 symptoms.  I meet with my psychiatrist tomorrow, to go over options.  I'm trying to convert to liquid to see if I can get on a more even dosing and find a way to taper directly from the K.  We'll see.  My kids are gone and they are not rocking my CNS, slamming doors and being loud so that helps.  But this burning is HELL plus the akathisia. 

Cassie, I’m sorry. I suggest you don’t go up. I’m getting off this poison. I had all the symptoms too, including the burning and akathisia, but today tenfold. Head pressure so bad. I’ve walked 5 mi in my driveway today with wobbly legs and tripping over myself. If you’re still reading, I think I’m going back down to the dose I was on before last night. What do you think? ❤️ Deb

Deb, I don't know anything any longer.  I'm 41 so I don't feel like I have a choice but to try and get off.  Can I do it without dying physically and mentally?  I do not know.  You and I are one of the few unlucky ones on here with such severe physical symptoms with a long way to go before getting off.  I'm sorry that you are dealing with this.  Truly, I feel like my long hold sucked me into such acute tolerance that I'm going to be fighting every millimeter of the way now, whereas if I had continued my descent months ago, I feel like I would be where I am at now, quite miserable and likely worse than I am, but at least OFF the medication.

If you are going to get off the med, you are going to have to face reality of what this is likely going to look like. 

Just know that if you do go up in dose, you would likely need to go up much higher as other suggested (possibly 15 mg even) and you would need to hold for several months to stabilize.  You couldn't expect to see results right away.  And then, it would be unlikely that you would get off.  I know that's not what you want to hear....

I tried doing a vodka/water solution and last night, I woke up with burning panic in the middle of the night several times, which has not happened before.  I just took my morning dose via DLMT and am burning pretty bad.  The burning, along with the akathisia , is the WORST of the symptoms so far. 

Can't imagine a worse nightmare than what I am dealing with.

• 2 weeks later...
great group. thankyou.  but, i thought the whole purpose of updosing was to feel better in at least a few weeks??  i went from 2.75 of ativan to 3.50 updose for 4 days now.  feeling horrible.  thought i made mistake. but, from what i have read it's normal? i thought the whole point of updosing was to help you feel better and function?  i see and read it takes weeks and months?  and still not feeling good?  what is the good in updosing?  i am confused.  i need to function as i am all alone with no support and am old. if i don't function , i don't eat, no groceries, etc.    please, tell me the updose is worth it? if everyone is saying the updose will makes them feel horrible 3 months in, why are we doing it???  i need relief.  please.

Without a signature it's hard to tell your history and what your response to an updose might be.

I am also not familiar with your drug.

I have updosed multiple times and always did get relief, sometimes it was immediate and sometimes it took a few weeks. I just had the worst year of my life and managed to get through it by two updoses both significant. I felt I had no choice. I was very sick ... but so was my son and I totally did not see what was going on with him and realized I need to immediately get it together for him. So I went from .33K to .5K then updosed again to .75K when he got worse, mom broke her hip, had major work event, etc. Many can carry on during that kind of stress and I admire them but I am not that person.

So I have been at an increased dose since September and the .75 mg for months. Both updoses took a while to kick in--as much as four weeks-- as I was such a mess. I have no immediate plans to continue to taper ... I need to wait until my son is out of the house and in college, I can't have my kids see me like that daily again.

So it really depends on how fast you had cut, maybe you need to updose more or maybe you will feel better in a few days. Can you share your history?