Is benzo depression different?

[Mi...]

Third time,

I just ended my taper and I feel like the depression will never go away. It's lightened since the beginning but it is always present and I never feel happiness or pleasure.  I didn't have preexisting depression so this is tremendously difficult and makes me feel hopeless. When did it lift for you?

Unfortunately the answer for my last time was getting pregnant, which is not really an option. My mind and body must have been protecting me. The first time I tapered it was slowly and at the end it and twords the end it got better. It's hard to say how everything will play out as this 3rd time has been really tough and I've yet to even see a window longer than a few hours. I think for everyone it's different. I think it takes so long to completely heal that even my years between use caused problems when I used Klonopin again. If I had know the 3rd time would be murder compared to one and 2.

A question for those who have posted earlier on this thread: have any of you seen any improvement? 

I agree with all of the above comments - I've had "normal" depression before.  There's something very brutal and dark about this iatragenic depression.  I'm looking for some hope, so please be careful about replying if it's only a horror story... I'm sorry, but I'm not up for that.  For those who got better, how long did it take? 

Thanks

I had the big black deep dungeon chemical depression in my second month and I haven't seen it since :thumbsup: I have days where I might feel a bit down but that's mostly because I'm just frustrated that all this is taking so long and that my brain wanna do more than I physically have energy to.

But the scary chemical black hole of despair depression have completely vanished.

Take care :smitten: