help me exercise please

[Yo...]

hello everyone, I am just looking for a little support. I am 2 1/2 years off of Clonopin and one year off a Valium. I have my food sensitivities under control where I know what to avoid, my migraines are under control, but my hormones are still off as well as many muscle spasms. I know I need to probably do two things. One, probably cut back a little caffeine that I have for my tea. That's hard to do because tea is my only treat right now. The second thing is, I know I need to exercise more. I'm looking for some support and motivation to do this. I feel like it will have a positive impact . Used to do yoga on a regular basis and walk and I can't find the motivation to do either. I'm  partly worried that it will make my muscle spasms and dizziness worse and the other problem is just finding time. I am full of excuses. Between being a single mom of two beautiful kids, a classroom teacher to 90 students, doing homework running around to soccer practices cooking cleaning and laundry, I am drop dead tired. I am an athlete at heart and just can't seem  to get myself in a regular routine. Any advice or encouraging words will be helpful!

[8f...]

I know it's tough to get started, but if you make yourself do it for a few weeks, you'll start to want to do it.  It will become a habit.  For now, look for ways to be active without adding to your list of places to be.

I used to walk around the soccer fields when my kids were at practice (or even sometimes when they played a game).  You can walk a couple of miles easily during a practice/game, and you get to watch the practice from a variety of angles.  You'll probably even end up shagging a few balls while you're walking around.  Might even find a few other team parents who would join you. 

When you start to exercise, your muscles may very well get tingly and feel like a set-back.  I suggest that you do your exercise at a leisurely pace for a while.  Don't overstretch muscles when you do yoga.  No speed walking for a while.  I found warm baths (or a hot tub) helped to sooth my muscles when they were being weird. 

But I think the most important thing is that regular exercise really helps your self-esteem and your happiness.  It's even calming as long as you don't overdo it. 

at my worst, I have walked inside my house - in a hallway or in my kitchen when I could not go anywhere - get dressed.  just for a few minutes

You sound really busy, I can totally understand not having the time or energy to exercise! If you are on your feet a lot, that actually goes a long way.

Try starting small, no need to go whole hog, even small amounts can have a large impact. Perhaps going for a walk twice a week, or some activity you can do with the kids that would be fun--take them to the park? Walk the mall?

Thanks so much. I am on my feet all day and wore a pedometer and realized I was around 10,000 steps so I started some gentle stretching. Thanks!