Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Health Anxiety

[bo...]

Yes .. honey and warm milk good too. I also try some fresh ginger with the hot water poured on it and some honey .. ginger is great .. all the best .. ( I would think it was throats cancer too ! I currently have a sore jaw .. it's probably the cancer metatisised again !!)

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [Re...]

• [Gr...]

• [fi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having one of my bad days when it comes to health anxiety, I am constantly worried about come off diazepam and my symptoms remaining, ie, I stay anxious, muscles tight etc etc. also before or about the same time I started diazepam, which immediately followed a virus and bacterial infection,  I had this weird breathing problem when falling or should I say attempting to fall asleep, I could never work out if it was sleep apnea or sleep jerks, but all I know is as my diazepam increased it went away, now I am getting lower again it seems to be rearing its head again.  My partner says I am focusing on it too much, but as we all know that is what we do!! And boy do we do it well! I think my GP is over my various issues and so I am not sure whether to raise it with her when I see her on Thursday.  Also I always feel anxious when I see her for some reason, aaaghhh just wish I could have my life back! Hating my stomach anxiety today as well.......

The dreaded sleep pattern .. i had a really bad night last night and was still wide awake at 2am .. was quite anxious , cause people die in the night don't they !!!

Got a swollen lymph node in my throats too , and that most certainly will be the cancer again of course .. won't it ..!!

Hate is.. even post benzos it still sucks and somedays lately don't feel that much better.. silly.. the further out I go the worse it is at times ..

The dreaded sleep pattern .. i had a really bad night last night and was still wide awake at 2am .. was quite anxious , cause people die in the night don't they !!!

Got a swollen lymph node in my throats too , and that most certainly will be the cancer again of course .. won't it ..!!

Hate is.. even post benzos it still sucks and somedays lately don't feel that much better.. silly.. the further out I go the worse it is at times ..

Howa re you today Bertie ? Did you get some rest ?

This health anxiety is so awful .... I have constant anxiety about everything at the moment . And I'm also depressed as I feel so stuck and can't find my way forwards without feeling. Incredible fear as to what might happen . And then I get afraid I'll die if I cut , or I'll die if I don't .

Feeling weak and hopeless and a failure , like everyone else is doing better than I am .

I hate this too .... People sound so accepting of their journeys and I feel like I'm not accepting of any of it . I seem to have become allergic to Valium now too . I don't understand . I feel so bad when I take it , heart pounds, anxious , burning , and sedation all ramped up after a tiny dose of 1/2 mg .,

I'm moving the majority of my dose to night time so at least I can sleep it off and not be Ina state of anxiety about all the side effects that I am sure I'm going to die from! How embarrassing  to admit , but it's how I feel ......

Everyone says to accept , stay positive etc , I'm failing......

You're going to get better ..... You are off now and all you need is time for your body and brain to heal .i hope it happens soon for you

MiYu xx

This is truly the worst part of this all for me. It's so hard to be accepting when you can't stop thinking something is seriously wrong with you. Just makes the anxiety so much worse :(

This is truly the worst part of this all for me. It's so hard to be accepting when you can't stop thinking something is seriously wrong with you. Just makes the anxiety so much worse :(

It's the same for me Faery! I want so badly to accept and believe that this is all just part of recovering. The anxiety really won't let it be. Then because I think something is really wrong I get even more anxiety from that! It's such a vicious cycle.

Yes me too :( I wish that we could just know for sure that nothing is seriously wrong and then we could try to distract our minds away from the horrible symptoms. I hope you have some relief soon!

Hey Faery . I see we are roughly the same time out from last benzo.. my health anxiety is still pretty rampant although I do think it is marginally better than when on the drug.. nights are the worse. I'm constantly thinking I'm not going to wake up !!  I worry about my BP and heart palpitations . Crazy stuff .. ! Xx

BB...sorry to hear you're dealing with this too :( Really makes this whole thing so much worse! I start worrying so much that I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes!!! Have any of your symptoms improved at all?

I think if I'm honest yes the sx have improved ...I had this unrealistic idea that everything was going to be 'better' when I finished. That suddenly I would dance off into the sunset to be happy ever after! I guess it isn't quite working like that.. there are a whole new set of issues . How to  live in this world without Ativan .. the last two years have been consumed with the taper .. that was all that was important .. now I have to learn  to live life all over again .. no so straight forward in your 60's !

• 2 months later...
Lovelyduck .. you can't . Not what you wanted to hear I know ! You just gotta roll with it and try to reduce its impact .. the more you think about it the worse it gets.. it will get better. Mine is now a dull roar , whereas before it was a waterfall .. everything is on a scale of 10 .. horrible. I know none of that is the remote bit of help , just know it's all part of this. Many of us have been there or are there as well .. take care BB

Been having the same issues.

Was having a perfectly good window when I suddenly felt 'weak' (I could still move, it was just a feeling) and that was 4 hours ago and I'm back to wired and having to pace.

Glad to find this group.

Try getting positive ANA blood test back and doctor emailing on THANKSGIVING that you indeed have inflammation but not Lupus or RA...YET! OMG!!! I am through the roof. And my hands feel arthritic. UGH

I find the worst thing about benzo tapering is the seizure risk. I was only on ativan a short time, but I've had health anxiety for a few months before that. I always had that impending sense something was coming, like I was gonna pass out, faint or go crazy. I know that is a common symptom of anxiety and I was able to accept that. Now with the unlikely threat of seizures I have that same feeling but it feels more realistic. So annoying.

[1b...]
With my dizziness and DP/DR I constantly find myself feeling like I'm going to have a stroke, especially if I have a strange head ache or neck tension. This has sent me to the ER numerous times where I've had a few CT scans and even seen a neurologist but when the feeling hits I still get so scared that It sends me into complete panic. Does this happen to anyone else?

With my dizziness and DP/DR I constantly find myself feeling like I'm going to have a stroke, especially if I have a strange head ache or neck tension. This has sent me to the ER numerous times where I've had a few CT scans and even seen a neurologist but when the feeling hits I still get so scared that It sends me into complete panic. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hell yes ! And it seems to always be in the middle of the night !! I've even got up and done an exaggerated smile I never the mirror to see if my face is lopsided !  Any little twinge or pins and needles is an impending stroke. It does get a little better I think .. I'm six months out now and don't feel like that as much . For two plus years though it was a nightmare. Absolute horror. And if it wasn't a stroke it was  heart attack !

Hi, I’ve been off K for 16 months and now my right foot is slightly jerking on it’s own for the last few days. I’m freaking out about neurological disease because it doesn’t seem possible that a new symptom coke happen runs far out. I’ve had muscle twitches the whole time, but not really so much this jerking in the same spot. I’m afraid to call the doctor because they know about my health anxiety and I don’t think they will take me seriously.

I absolutely know that feeling of ' surely this can't be another sx of withdrawal ' but I think sometimes it is. I'm having a run of really bad nighttime/ early morning anxiety at the moment and it is decidedly unpleasant to say the least. A little easier because I KNOW what it is , but just in a corner of my mind ready to make a swoop is the impending heart attack and stroke which of course it must be. ( not just 'wind' which it turns out to logically be!) .. how likely is it really that it's a neurological disease? I mean really ? Let your mind really concentrate on it and experience all the fear. Really ... is that what it is? Or is it your anxiety? I'm pretty sure neurological disease comes with other symptons too ? Do you have any of those?

My old trick is give it a week .. if it gets worse or is still bothering you check it out . My approach with the doctor is if I do have to go is to be upfront.. I tell him that I'm pretty sure this is a sx and is not 'real' but to put my mind at rest I need you to check it out. He's pretty good with it..

Funny how these symptons just keep popping on in even though we've moved away from the drug.

All the best x

• 2 months later...

I'm am sooooo glad that I found this post!  My husband is even laughing.  Apparently, I'm not alone.  Every twinge, ache, pain, slight discomfort, etc., has me absolutely convinced the worst case scenario is right around the corner (or minute).  Yep, heart attack, stroke, pancreatitis, liver problems, tumors, cancer, ..... you name it!  And now?  With this years flu?  I'm losing my mind!  However, reading these post made me feel better.  I'm still stuck on 4.75 mg of X and have not tried to reduce.  I'm planning on taking that on once the flu season is over... if I don't die from it!!!!

Best to all!

Lori

Hi there Lori .. oh yes . The upcoming flu season ! Well .. probably most of us wont make it through ! It's funny isn't it , that sometimes you can see the humour in your own health anxiety and can poke fun at it, and sometimes it's just so dam depressing and scary. Sometimes I'm absolutely crippled by the thoughts, and the impending doom and gloom that goes with it. And then I just have to stay very still till it passes . And it does but it's always still there, if that's makes any sense at all , just ready to be triggered by the next random thought ..

I reckon you're doing just the right thing at the moment holding for a while . Sometimes all the stars and the moon and the sun have to be in alignment before we can take that next step !!

Mind you ... that heart attack could easily get us first and then we don't have  to worry about the next cut !  Take care xx