Finished Taper

[bo...]

i was on my way to tapering off nicorette but decided it was too much with my taper.

what did you get to help you with nicotine?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [ma...]

• [bo...]

• [Co...]

Silver:  Well you won't like this answer, but I'LL be honest. I  re started smoking again as I couldn't taper and stop smoking. Thats just me and not a reconmemdation, I'm still a bit off and will tackle smoking when I'm Normal, whatever that might be.

Take care

Bobers

8 WEEKS OFF

because it sounds longer than 2 months ,no significant changes, wish I felt better, would give my left(insert body part here)

For a rejuvenating nights sleep, Things aren't that bad, but why are they bad at all? Who knows. Still much better OFF than ON. Patience is a virtue, too bad I don't have a virtuous nature :)

Take Care

Bobers

Hi Bobbers,

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I can't WAIT to be the one saying that I am 8 weeks off.  I am so close I can taste it.  The last few miligrams are soooo hard to finish.  But I am determined to get there.  Thanks for giving me a thumbs up on my blog.  I don't think I could be doing this without the support of benzobuddies. 

XXXXXXChristine/BlueMoth

Hi Mz Blue:

Thanks you'll get there, just a note I had to slow done cutting @ 4 or 5 so if you slow down dont sweat it.

Take care

Bobers

You said you quite Zoloft during your taper. Im curious Im ADDING Buspar before I taper. Im not sure of your med history. was Zoloft the only other med. U were on?.. Im on Lithium Ive quite and extensive psych history. Kinda why im wanting to switch over to Buspar before I get off the Klon. I had been on Buspar and Lithium and one time and it worked good. I've been trying to get back to Buspar and Lithium since 90'... finally Im at Klon and Lithium. Im not for sure the Buspar is needed, but I'd rather be safe. Im really searching for some info on people that have experience switching from Benzo to Buspar. Ive spent hours reseaching and havent found any info yet..... thanx

Congrats on finishing the taper..... :D

:D - i just love the part where you say - "still much better off then on"

yep life is hard on or off drugs - but to hear it is better two months off is encouraging - very encouraging - gee i feel better already and i am not even off.

Hi Skeeter

The reason I was pt on Zoloft was because I went in to the Quack in a full blown cold turkey withdrawal, unbeknownest to me at the time, and he labeled me Bipolar, so I gave it a chance to work .6 weeks while at the same time I was taking Xanax, get this to help me overcome the side effects of Zoloft. Anyhow after 6 weeks of both I C/T the Xanax waiting for the "magical" Zoloft to "cure" me, well needless to say I went NUTZ, reinstated a benzo and dropped the Zoloft cold turkey and tapered off the Benzo. I had limited encounters with other SSRI's for various reasons mainly to help quit smoking didn't work. I stopped the Z because it didn't work and wasn't the problem. I have no vested interest in either promoting nor dis avowing anti depressants, I just don't know whether they work or don't work. I'm a bit wary now a days of anything that messes with the old noggin.

Take care

Bobers

Bobbers,

I'll go even further. I wish to god I had never heard the word Valium in my life.  I HATE all mind altering drugs.    You know my blog, that quack shrink I have has talked me into trying all sorts of wacky drugs, all of which, I swear have screwed me up worse than I already am.  Gawd, all you have to do is look at the horrible roster of side effects from ADs to wonder why ANYONE would take something that alters your neurotransmitters worse than benzos.  At least if you get off benzos your brain will recover.  From what I have read about things like Effexor and Pax-hell, that is not necessarily so (don't know what the word on Zoloft is).  I feel doped up enough on just 4 mg of valium!  EVERY AD has anxiety listed as a side effect too.  Yeah, like we all need that right now.

Oh, and don't you just love the labels that Drs throw at us, obssessive-compulsive, bi-polar, yada, yada.  Well, er, sorry to rant on your blog.

So here is a question to throw out.  When you got down to 4mg or so, at what rate were you tirtating?  Did you dry cut or do the milk/water taper?  How long did it take to get off those last few mgs? 

Take care.

XXXXChristine/BlueMoth

I HATE shrinks and Big Pharma!!!

Hi Blue

It took exactly 84 days, Milk titration, This is the point where I finally took advice and cut tiny amont daily for a week to ten days to get to the dose I wanted to be at dont want to give any exact #s as you know their irrelevant as we are all individuals on this little road trip.

Lck

Bobers

yea ya just gotta love shrinks - the legal pill pushers lets see i have gone from anxiety disorder, to hypo bi-polar - personality disorder to borderline personality to i will not take anymore drugs and no one will ever hold be hostage again for maintain an addiction.

i did not know i was addicted to adivan but i know it now - the easiest way to protect yourself from shrinks is to not see one.  the more i refuse their drugs the harsher the notes in my file.

9 WEEKS OFF

Well I proved my point or my point proved me, Had 1 day when My racket IE tinnitus faded, didn't go away just went down and... I felt better! not just psychologically, but physically. I had no idea other "stuff" was going on, for me at least till the tinnitus is gone I don't think I can call my self "healed". of course it came roaring back :muscle:. but at least its something to report other than same old same old.

Take Care

Bobers

Ah! I knew it!!! Yay Bobers!!!! I have days where the tinnitus is less than others. I figure once past the root canal (tomorrow, I hope, unless h can't deaden the tooth again) I can relax and that should help.

Congrats!! If you have one day where it's less, you can have another!!!!

rufus

maybe if you played music softly in the back ground you would not notice the ringing in your ears - sometimes i put on a long play soft classical cd to help me sleep - i have not hit the full blow tinnitus part yet - just get it once in a while - but i am hard of hearing so i am not sure which is which.

but i know soft music makes me more peaceful.

R&S

Thx Rufus I know just to few and far between for my liking best of luck with Ye Olde Tooth, Siver I'd have to blow my ear drums out to muffle the tinnitus , but thanks for the tip

Take care

Bobers

10 WEEKS OFF

Stupid damnable unrelenting inconcievable unfathomable uncontrollable stupendiously irratating TI :muscle:NITUS, oh and iffy sleep

TAKE CARE

Bobers

Hi Bobbers,

Congratulations on being 10 weeks off!!! :yippee:

I think it is great and you should give yourself a huge pat on the back.  Sorry that you are having symptoms, but just remember, every day off is a day won to sanity and freedom.  I don't think I have to tell you that my friend, cheerleader that you are.  I just consider you one of the lucky ones who can call themselves "Benzo Free".  You cannot imagine how much I am looking forward to that day myself.

Take care.

XXXXXChristine/BlueMoth

Thanks B

You'll get there,I see where you had a good day, there are more to come, just hang in there, again I know you feel lousy,but you can do more things in 1 day than I could do in a week, so just imagine what a positive result you might have when finished ;)

Take Care

Bobers

Wow! Ten weeks off!!! Yay you!!

One thing I've noticed about tinnitus is that even though the levels may seem to be the same, I can hear other stuff that I couldn't just a few months ago. That makes me wonder if the levels are going down ever so slowly but I can't perceive it on a day to day basis.

So if you find you're hearing better and more even though the T levels seem to be the same, chances are they are they're going down, just really really slowly.

Does that make sense?

rufus

Hey rufus

Sure I guess it makes sense as much sense as can be attributed to a non- sensible thing such as tinnitus, its just tied into head pressure and other things and am flabbergasted by its presence thats all what a weird symptom????

T/C

Bobers

11 WEEKS OFF

I tried sleeping last night with 0 aids, I think I slept, It was weird ,woke up once at 2am which isn't unusual then woke up at normal AM time.I Can't say if I slept or not? I know I didn't toss and turn all night Bizare :-\. My arch Nemesis the Tin Man(tinnitus) is still hanging around, wish he'd find his damn brain and go away.

Take Care

Bobers