Finished Taper

[bo...]

rufus& blue

Thanks for the support and hints, I've fallen back to Benydrl a few times,  but I'll try other stuff, I read somewhere? Benydrl use long term might produce tinitus, tough choice. Rufus do you find that the buzzing intensity is connected to how you feel? I seem to have less distress in other areas when tinitus lessens, This occured on Saturday low level buzz and I felt pretty good, high buzz Sunday felt lousy? I will hang in, 1 MONTH BENZO FREE.

Thanks

Bobers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [ma...]

• [bo...]

• [Co...]

hi Bobers,

I had to think about this. With me, when the tinnitus is less, I feel less emotional/mental stress because I have less noise. It doesn't seem to have any correlation to how I feel physically.  If I want a "break" from the noise I go outside. The more time I spend outside, the less tinnitus I have. Outside I hardly notice it at all and the effect lasts when I go in, at least for a while.

The noise is slowly abating. Operative word is "slowly". I'll take whatever I can get, though.

Keep hanging in there!

rufus

Hi Rufus:  Thanks I will, I really find a correlation with the buzzing and how I feel, I think theh buzzing was the first thing that showed up during my cold turkey, never had it before, and it never went away during my taper so for me I think its a indicator of other "icky" things,

Thanks

Bobers

FIVE WEEKS OFF

Big news NOT, same old same old, Tinitus and sleep issues, alas poor Yoric, oh well. I can pretty much do what I want to do, however I cant imagine sitting somewhere I dont want to be like a dentist chair or similar trapped situations.

Take care

Bobers

Wow-five whole weeks off!  I know I always say this, but that's sooo awesome! (I'm from Southern California :socool:)

You sound really stable, maybe not "happy", but grounded and strong.  I imagine the sleeping will get better with time as your body is still healing.

Take Care ;)

Maggie

How about "gag me with a spoon"? Is that southern CA?  :laugh:

My improvement since getting off benzos has been slow also--but it is going in the right direction, anyway.

By the way, Bobers, I think you have some personal messages that need checking. To check them, just select the "My Messages" tab right under the Shoutbox.

Therese

6 WEEKS OFF

1st Therese I think Gag me with a spoon is a universal term ;), Same issues with varying degrees, haven't even tried to sleep without some kind of supplement, chicken I guess :idiot:, Tinnitus went from a 10 to a 3 one day, but due to the vagaries of this crap I didn't get too :yippee:, good thing as it roared back to a 10+_ the next day with a little spicey anxiety tossed in for a special treat :crazy:. Stupid stuff.

Cancelled an appointment because I didn't want to go and sit there :idiot:. Not an important meeting just tidy work with a money man. I wonder if this damn drug just worked really really well for us LUCKY few. bollox? is that how you say it Colin?

Take care all

Bobers

bollox? is that how you say it Colin?

Take care all

Bobers

Bollocks! ;D

It's considered a fairly rude work over here, but not as rude at it was few decades ago. There was an attempt to prosecute the Sex Pistols under the obscenity law in 1977 for their album Nevermind The Bollocks, but it failed. The defense, as I recall, rested upon the word being an old established Anglo-Saxon word. Not quite sure how that defense worked, but plainly there should be far greater things to worry about than a band using word 'bollocks' in the title of their album.

Hey Bobers!!

Take heart-- if the tinnitus got down to 3 even for a little bit, it can go back down again and stay down too.

Good for you!!!

Keep hanging in there!

rufus

hey

Thanks rufus I will I just want it to hurry up dang it. Aah bollocks, I knew it was a British curse word and wanted to be sneaky to avoid scrutiny ;), but I had every intention of cussing out Benzos.

As always take care all

Bobers

Well, now, I've just learned a new word, and a curse word at that!!! :yippee:

You know Colin, perhaps we should amend our language guidelines a bit.  Perhaps only universal curse words should be banned from being expressed on our site; thus, a member would be freely allowed to use a curse word from the other side of the world! That way only a small select group of members may consider it offensive while the rest of us have no idea what's going on.  :D

Now really, I have two legitimate arguments for this proposal: First, like you Bobers, I love the idea of cursing out benzos now and again!  It's necessary and therapeutic. Secondly, I love the idea of learning different countries' curse words.  Bollocks...hmmm...never heard of it.  Sounds like a lowbrow culinary term...like the roasted hind end of some farm animal...yuck...well, actually now that I think of it, I think I do find that term offensive. :sneaky:  Forget I said anything at all.   

But in all seriousness, good to hear you are doing well Bobers :)  I continue to be so happy for you!  You really sound great.  Can't wait until I'm there too!!!

Maggie

You know Colin, perhaps we should amend our language guidelines a bit.  Perhaps only universal curse words should be banned from being expressed on our site; thus, a member would be freely allowed to use a curse word from the other side of the world! That way only a small select group of members may consider it offensive while the rest of us have no idea what's going on.   :D

As you know, we don't strictly enforce the rules on swearing. The rule exists to stop excesses really. ;)

Now really, I have two legitimate arguments for this proposal: First, like you Bobers, I love the idea of cursing out benzos now and again!  It's necessary and therapeutic. Secondly, I love the idea of learning different countries' curse words.  Bollocks...hmmm...never heard of it.  Sounds like a lowbrow culinary term...like the roasted hind end of some farm animal...yuck...well, actually now that I think of it, I think I do find that term offensive. :sneaky:  Forget I said anything at all.   

Well, I suppose it could be! :laugh: 'Bollocks' is also a crude term for 'testicles'! :laugh: Us Brits don't go a lot for eating testicles - I believe some Continental European countries eat them pretty routinely though. I can't say they hold much appeal for me. :sick:

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Oh Colin, I'm so sorry I said anything at all...the meaning of the word was far worse than I expected!

P.S. Sorry to hijack your site Bobers...just couldn't resist to comment...sure feels good to laugh :D

Maggie

Hi Bobbers,

Just dropped in to say Hi and find myself in the middle of a Marx Brothers routine LOL :2funny:

Humm, I don't really know any foreign swear words.  You could always spell something backwords. 

"Benzo's make me feel like tish".

Anyway, Bobbers, good to hear that you are doing well, I hope to be where you are SOON!  Take care.

XXXXChristine/BlueMoth

Thanks all ,Hijacking of my site is both approved of and welcomed.

take car Bobers

Well, I don't know! Bob signs up, makes a few posts, and he owns the website! ::):P:laugh:

7 WEEKS OFF:

Sleep issues tinitus, tinitus sleep issues, I want break this broken record. Even had a mini panic attack at 3 am, this is starting to piss me off, surely this stuff is out of my system how can something be so destructive? Who invented this crap Josef Mengele, I guess I've never been in the acceptable risk group before, because you know THEY know this happens to people :muscle:, END OF RANT

Take Care all

Bobers

i'm waiting for a response for your last post.

did you have panic attacks before at three a.m. - i don't know exactly what my life was like before benzo's - but i know it included panic attacks and sleepless nights - and it also included panic attacks and sleepless nights on  benzo's.

so anyone know if it is out of your system 7 weeks after a quit?

ooops a slip of the toungue, my blog, ownership of websites is beyond my capabilities, wants and desires :laugh:

Dido, Bobers :)  That's your job Colin....kidding ;)

Maggie

Maggie, you're not kidding. It's seat-of-my-pants all the way. :laugh:

I know, Colin, I wasn't really kidding...but even if it's bythe seat-of-your-pants, you do an awesome job :yippee:

I know it's no $$$ & no glory, but we certainly appreciate you and all your help ;)  Never underestimate that!

Maggie

P.S. Oh, Hi Bobers :crazy:  I guess we just like to hang out on your blog!  Congrats on over 7 weeks off!  I can't believe it's already been over 7 weeks-that's nearly TWO MONTHS soon!  Even though you are not feeling your best, it must feel good to be off those pills.

Maggie :)

Hi all

Maggie yes its good to be off pills, just frustrated occasionally, want to be my old self which is like this :crazy:, normally.

Its more irritating then depressing or debilitating.

Silver well long story short I quit smoking and couldn't sleep for weeks, then began getting minor panic attacks from? whatever, probably lack of sleep and lack of nicotine. So got prescribed this stuff, so I didn't have a history of panic attacks, real panic hit me when I cold turkeyed this junk.

Take care

Bobers