Jana has reinstated!!!!

[ke...]

Dear BB’s:

Most of us agree that returning to benzo-use after a significant time is not a good idea. The idea of using benzos again after more than a decade off is not only a bad idea; it is an absurd idea. A well person, who has recovered from a severe version of benzo withdrawal, certainly will not take that drug again...not ever. This is the obvious reason that you should have known that this post was a fake.

Whether you know Jana or not, can you believe that anyone would have any reason to take a benzo  again once he/she had tapered to recovery over a decade ago? On March 23, 1018, Jana will have been benzo-free and without withdrawal syndrome for twelve years. This statement does not come from an unnamed “source”. It comes from me; I am Jana.

This poster engaged in not just slander but libel. A few BB’s believed this malicious post and added to it. I won’t address those motives. It could be that some of you were innocently taken in, but still I must ask why  anyone would believe this fantastic claim?

Who is this poster anyway, and why would she risk being identified and her reprehensible behavior exposed? Each of you may have a different answer, but this woman has a history of this sort of thing. She operates anonymously. She is a coward.

The libel is easy to prove, but the poster has committed more offenses than this. It may be best to leave her comeuppance to Karma and to Federal law.

Ugly things easily are said when perpetrator believes that his/her identity is hidden. So I suggest just using some sense and some decency in responding to suspicious and shocking posts. This event has underscored my 2014 decision to remain off benzo sites and to continue to work only with and through my chosen physician. Absurd things can happen via the internet. I am here today only to address this post as unbelievable when any former benzo-patient is concerned.  This spurious thread offers no support or helpful information to current benzo-sufferers; it  is not in keeping with BB’s stated mission; yet here it is.

Benzo-free and Drug-free, Jana  :)

Please forgive me Jana but are you also known as Jana Brown who just left a support group I think she was heading? There was a video posted on you tube saying farewell to her from people that she helped wishing her well.

Jana Hill on here is saying that she recovered after 12 years but Jana Brown on a comment to this YouTube video said she won’t recover from this syndrome and also has PTSD from this;;;;but not that she ever reinstated

Are you both the same person?  :'( I’m so confused.

The video is entitled farewell to Jana Brown under Paul Chomiak on you tube;;;;;

If someone can clarify; I would greatly appreciate;;;;;  i wish so much peace and wellness to everyone here

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Fi...]

• [Co...]

• [ke...]

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing a bit of research, it appears that Paul Chomiak is part of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition. At the least, he does filmography for them, and there is a large list of YouTube videos by him.

I did google him, and the coalition came up on Facebook with his name.

Perhaps other members of the coalition can address this aspect.

I have never met Jana Hill in person, but I have spoken with her twice on the phone several years ago. Having seen Jana Brown in that video (just now), she looks to be much younger than the Jana Hill I spoke with (but Jana Brown never speaks in that video, and it only has still photographs of her).

So I doubt it’s Jana Hill, but anyone’s opinion/guess is as good as mine.

After doing a bit of research, it appears that Paul Chomiak is part of the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition. At the least, he does filmography for them, and there is a large list of YouTube videos by him.

I did google him, and the coalition came up on Facebook with his name.

Perhaps other members of the coalition can address this aspect.

I have never met Jana Hill in person, but I have spoken with her twice on the phone several years ago. Having seen Jana Brown in that video (just now), she looks to be much younger than the Jana Hill I spoke with (but Jana Brown never speaks in that video, and it only has still photographs of her).

So I doubt it’s Jana Hill, but anyone’s opinion/guess is as good as mine.

Thank you;;;; I hope someone else can chime in ; especially Jana;;;; blessings

No, Jana Brown is a different woman.  She ran a FB forum for a few years, though she turned it over to someone else a few years ago.

Jana Brown DID reinstate klonopin after two years of hell after a cold turkey.  She was very up front about it.

It seems that there are still many BDR toadies here, based on the vigorous defenses of Jana that have been posted over the last few days.

FJ,

You’re definitely not a “toadie.” I’m not sure what that even means.

Just googled that term. “Servile parasite” is the formal definition. So in what way are any of us here “servile parasites?”

It’s a support forum for all of us. People are here to offer support to others or to ask for support.

I’ve supported many people over the last few years and so have you. Today, I’m just reading various parts of the forum. I do think we all have that option. Reading about others experiences helps all of us understand what is going on in our bodies with these medications.

I am unable to see/understand how that makes anyone here a “toadie.”

Oh, yay, a new name I can add to my list of names I've been called here. TOADIE.  And I don't even know Jana! :D

I would not worry about her.  Just some people.... :idiot:

It seems that there are still many BDR toadies here, based on the vigorous defenses of Jana that have been posted over the last few days.

Is that nice?. ::)

Oh, yay, a new name I can add to my list of names I've been called here. TOADIE.  And I don't even know Jana! :D

I would not worry about her.  Just some people.... :idiot:

Enough with the name calling. You guys are acting like a bunch of unruly high school kids. Come on now, you all know better.

Please follow the forum rules & show respect for your buddies or this thread will be locked.

Since Bella has already addressed this, Keagan, I'll restrict my words more to the actual underlying accusation.

In the past, we had a few members who pushed strongly for Jana and her 'method'. Still, I would not have used the word 'toadie' to describe them - I think that's unfair and does fall to the level of name calling. Now, having acknowledged some (distant past) behavior with which I took issue, there is no one posting to this thread - in my very strong opinion - who is posting anything other than their genuinely held views. In fact, since it is easily observed that in most cases their views have developed over time, this really does not fit with any of having some kind of agenda other than to post their opinions. This includes Jana too, by the way.

No, Jana Brown is a different woman.  She ran a FB forum for a few years, though she turned it over to someone else a few years ago.

Jana Brown DID reinstate klonopin after two years of hell after a cold turkey.  She was very up front about it.

Thank you for clarifying Challis

Since Bella has already addressed this, Keagan, I'll restrict my words more to the actual underlying accusation.

In the past, we had a few members who pushed strongly for Jana and her 'method'. Still, I would not have used the word 'toadie' to describe them - I think that's unfair and does fall to the level of name calling. Now, having acknowledged some (distant past) behavior with which I took issue, there is no one posting to this thread - in my very strong opinion - who is posting anything other than their genuinely held views. In fact, since it is easily observed that in most cases their views have developed over time, this really does not fit with any of having some kind of agenda other than to post their opinions. This includes Jana too, by the way.

Please accept my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BB”S

Most of us agree that resuming a benzo after having been off for a while has no benefit. Then, too, people who had begun with a horrific C/T and who successfully tapered to wellness, would not even look at a benzo again. These facts should have alerted any reader to discount this thread as unbelievable and its author as a dishonest person with ethical and morality problems. The post is 100% fabricated. Each of you may have a different explanation for “Keagan’s” horrid behavior. She has a history of extreme behavior. I won’t identify her here. This kind of person seeks attention; let’s not accommodate this one’s antisocial need.  Any internet site eventually sees flamers. Let’s not feed this one

Certainly no life-event would cause any benzo-survivor to respond by taking a benzo! The idea is untenable. Add to that the fact that Jana never did take Klonopin and so could not “reinstate a drug that she never used. I tapered Valium, for goodnesss’ sake!  I have been safely free of benzo-use and withdrawal syndrome since March 23, 2006. 

BDR did not have unnamed problems as poster, Keagan, asserts other than the nastiness that “Keagan,” herself, intentionally caused. BDR members knew this.  I certainly had no emotional problem with this  incident,  and I most certainly do not take drugs in response to flamer activity!

This undocumented post violates BB’s terms of use, and it is libelous. Yet here it remains, so I will give you just the essential facts of my benzo experience. I just passed, my 12 year anniversary. I am well and have been well for 12 years.

You do not know me, and so I will offer my history briefly By 2005, my doctor had increased my total benzo dose to 45.0mg of benzo in Valium terms. On February 17, 2005, at 2:30 AM,  I awoke feeling on fire. This symptom was joined by more, and I had no idea what was happening. After different and absurd medical responses and a “cut and hold” for seven weeks, and a seizure, I began and finished the first BenzoMicroTitration (begun August 5,2005) . For most of this taper, I was cutting by 3.0mg Valium per month. The bona fide micro-taper resulted in a completed taper in months and with the withdrawal syndrome fading to nothing by the end of the taper. I named it, Micro-Taper, to differentiate it from the problematic “water-titration” method. Hey, who titrates water?

The poster has misbehaved before. She has been banned elsewhere and her website was taken down for unlawful activity. Let’s let Karma and The Law deal with her. We all have better things to do.

Wishing You Health, Happiness, and wisdom that come with Your Journey.

JanaH

I don't know any of the people involved in this thread, nor do I have a horse in this race.  Here is what puzzles me.  Why JanaH do you continue to resurrect this thread instead of letting it go into old thread oblivion?  And I agree that we all have better things to do.  So please JanaH let it go and let the rancor on this thread die a natural death.

She

My original response to Jana in this thread (corrected for typos, but otherwise unedited):

Dear BB’s:

Most of us agree that returning to benzo-use after a significant time is not a good idea. The idea of using benzos again after more than a decade off is not only a bad idea; it is an absurd idea. A well person, who has recovered from a severe version of benzo withdrawal, certainly will not take that drug again...not ever. This is the obvious reason that you should have known that this post was a fake.

Whether you know Jana or not, can you believe that anyone would have any reason to take a benzo  again once he/she had tapered to recovery over a decade ago? On March 23, 1018, Jana will have been benzo-free and without withdrawal syndrome for twelve years. This statement does not come from an unnamed “source”. It comes from me; I am Jana.

This poster engaged in not just slander but libel. A few BB’s believed this malicious post and added to it. I won’t address those motives. It could be that some of you were innocently taken in, but still I must ask why  anyone would believe this fantastic claim?

Who is this poster anyway, and why would she risk being identified and her reprehensible behavior exposed? Each of you may have a different answer, but this woman has a history of this sort of thing. She operates anonymously. She is a coward.

The libel is easy to prove, but the poster has committed more offenses than this. It may be best to leave her comeuppance to Karma and to Federal law.

Ugly things easily are said when perpetrator believes that his/her identity is hidden. So I suggest just using some sense and some decency in responding to suspicious and shocking posts. This event has underscored my 2014 decision to remain off benzo sites and to continue to work only with and through my chosen physician. Absurd things can happen via the internet. I am here today only to address this post as unbelievable when any former benzo-patient is concerned.  This spurious thread offers no support or helpful information to current benzo-sufferers; it  is not in keeping with BB’s stated mission; yet here it is.

Benzo-free and Drug-free, Jana  :)

Hi Jana,

Not withstanding your rebuttal/correction of assertions about your reinstatement (I have no reason to doubt you), it is not as though you are some ordinary anonymous person withdrawing from benzodiazepines. Certainly, if the opening post to this thread was about an ordinary member of BB, your forum, or from any other group, it would have been edited or removed. But, you and I are not ordinary citizens withdrawing from benzos. You owned and operated your own benzodiazepine withdrawal support forum and published (and patented) your own 'method' - this has been, unsurprisingly, widely discussed at BB. I could have decided upon not allowing discussion of your group and method at my forum - I did not do that.  So, in this paradigm (owning your group; the patent; your members bringing discussion of your method to BB), you should take the rough with the smooth. Of course post a rebuttal or correction, but to a certain degree you and I have to put up with stuff like this - others should not.

Once or twice I've posted rebuttals, but as far as I can recall, I did this at BB. And unless I'm very mistaken, I did not call for the removal of the wrong information from elsewhere or make claims about it being against the websites policies or rules. I mostly take such things on the chin. Or at least I try to.

I also note that you make several unsubstantiated claims in your rebuttal. And they seem more personalised that the statements from the OP. Additionally, the threshold for proving 'liable' in the US is very high. Simply because a statement is false (assuming it to be false - I have no reason to doubt you), this does not mean that it fulfills the legal standard of liable.

Anyway,  thank you for posting your correction. I am glad to hear that you are well and are recovered. Good luck to you.

I went into further detail in other posts:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=159823.msg2586822#msg2586822

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=159823.msg2587598#msg2587598

I probably should link to this too:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=159823.msg2591512#msg2591512

I think it worth reiterating here what Jana said to us when she created her new account. Included in a PM to magrita, one of our Admins (emphasis appears in the original):

[...]

I will not engage in posting other than to correct an untrue statement. I mean no harm. :laugh:

[...]

Given Jana's latest post, I've now placed her account on 'pre-approval'. This means that her posts must be approved by a Moderater before they are published.

If I was completely healed for over 12 years, this is the last place I’d be.  I don’t get the point of defending yourself, Jana, or of “setting the record straight.”  Who cares?  I suppose you do, but your audience doesn’t. 

Sofa

Oops!  Sorry, Shewhomust, we’re supposed to be letting this thread die in the archives and here I’ve performed CPR on it again.  Flatline this poor thread!!!

Sofa

Oops!  Sorry, Shewhomust, we’re supposed to be letting this thread die in the archives and here I’ve performed CPR on it again.  Flatline this poor thread!!!

Sofa

Sofa LOL OOPS I've done it again too!  No, it isn't us who are keeping this thread alive.  The last post before JanaH's today was 2 weeks ago.  She also resurrected the thread from June 2016 after almost 2 years had passed!  It doesn't make sense to me except using it as a venue to grind an axe and keep hate and discontent alive on the forum.

XX

She

This thread is a great example of the one of the nastier and more dysfunctional aspects of the BB board--people self-righteously piling on against a chosen scapegoat and trying to bond with each other in so doing.  It's never really about the chosen victim in a bullying situation--it's about people posturing and trying to jockey for position with the others.

FinallyJoining,

You are a prime example of someone who has supposedly healed and still comes on this forum badgering sick people.

Those of us still suffering have nothing better to do but to use this board for distraction, best case.  What’s your excuse?  Please don’t, once again, say you are providing support.  Your idea of support is laughable. 

If you are healed, stop throwing it in our faces and go live a meaningful life.

Shewhomust,

If bonding is what you and I are doing at the expense of some “scapegoat,” as FJ says, then I’m glad to forge the bond.  You always make me smile in your posts and smiling is hard to come by in the midst of this suffering.  Please be careful not to brush up against FJ’s halo; the tarnish is hard to get out of your clothes.

Sofa

[cf...]

This thread is a great example of the one of the nastier and more dysfunctional aspects of the BB board--people self-righteously piling on against a chosen scapegoat and trying to bond with each other in so doing.  It's never really about the chosen victim in a bullying situation--it's about people posturing and trying to jockey for position with the others.

It’s an aspect of any forum that allows a certain amount of robust discussion, IMO.

If every contentious conversation were removed for disruption or the breakage of forum guidelines, there would be loud objections of censorship – drawing those lines is not so simple.

FJ, where exactly do your comments fit into the above equation?  :)

My two cents.

I make no claim that my above remark is supportive of people struggling in withdrawal. It's just my observation and explanation to people who are puzzled by why the BB board often seems so scary and toxic. I don't know Jana, but she does seem to be somebody who has healed and you'd think there'd be more respect and interest in how she reached that point. Instead, people who have healed are often seen as more valuable as people for others to bond in resenting. It's like getting pregnant and being resented by your infertility support group.  (Not that this happened to me! Unfortunately, it'seems the way human nature shows itself in group behavior.) You can call it robust debate if you want, but many threads over the years I've been following have followed this bullying dynamic, often with the moderators joining right in.