Cancer Support Group

[so...]

So when your oncologist comes asking for you to pay his $250,000 bill, how do you deal with the anxiety?

HopeToDoThis,

I’m sure I clicked and wasn’t well or didn’t see this. How are you managing now?

I came over to say thanks again and also that I got a follow up exam (pap) and everything is normal. Phew, what a relief. Thank God.

Ah mon pilote, I'm glad everything is good! I talked the doctor down to 9% of the bill. Fortunately I had the money to pay it. So I paid it. That chapter of my life is now completely over.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Tr...]

• [Ho...]

• [so...]

• [az...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet relief, losses cut. Thanks for letting me know, I’m glad too.

Same, closing chapters.

Thanks for your always mindful, and civil, posting. Good health to you HopeToDoThis.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

This is my first post to the cancer support group. I was mid-taper from 3.75 mg Valium (July 2019) when diagnosed with breast cancer in September. Flash forward to now where I am at 1.25 mg daily after getting approval from all doctors to continue tapering. The main focus is to not stress my system during the recovery process (actually still completing radiation after surgery- no chemo) so my last cut (dry) of .25 mg will be cut in half for my next cut as it has been rather taxing this last week and continues to be so. It seems that there isn’t much participation on this support thread - I’m awfully glad so few actually “belong” here, but I know I could sure use suggestions/tips on how to continue with my taper whilst working towards optimal health at the same time. Thanks all!!

Belle67

• 3 months later...

Hi Belle,

Sorry about the lack of support.

I wish that I had been able to respond when I saw this post of yours before. It’s tough for me to face the thought of this disease, because I know I have trauma from going through it.

If you are back on and want support, I’ll be happy to try.

With care,

mon pilote.