Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Cancer Support Group

[so...]

Good news

So I got the initial results from my CT this afternoon from my doctor and all is clear, still need to be confirmed by my oncologist but I am feeling so much better.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.

Back to life and healing from benzos now. I will sleep better tonight.

2trusting

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Tr...]

• [Ho...]

• [so...]

• [az...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news

So I got the initial results from my CT this afternoon from my doctor and all is clear, still need to be confirmed by my oncologist but I am feeling so much better.

2trusting

Yay, I'm so happy! Rest well.

Good news

2trusting

Great news!  I’m so happy for you.  Yes, now keep healing:)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Just checking in.  To be honest I was happy to see that no one had posted here since I had last checked.  I was nervous that maybe something bad had happened.  Hopefully no news is good news. 

On my end I had another blood work up and I continue to be in remission.  I’m obviously greatful to be able to live cancer free and to continue to heal.  I still have neuropathy of the feet but overall I’m getting there.  Benzo wise not much has changed. 

Hope, I hope all is going good and that you continue to battle hard!

Hope everyone is able to enjoy the holidays on some level. ;)

Hi everyone,

Just checking in.  To be honest I was happy to see that no one had posted here since I had last checked.  I was nervous that maybe something bad had happened.  Hopefully no news is good news. 

On my end I had another blood work up and I continue to be in remission.  I’m obviously greatful to be able to live cancer free and to continue to heal.  I still have neuropathy of the feet but overall I’m getting there.  Benzo wise not much has changed. 

Good to see you TTBP. Glad to hear about the continued remission. I have somewhat of a scare going on. I’ve been having abdominal pain and they found a large ovarian cyst (which my gynecologist wants to take out if it doesn’t resolve) and my oncologist wants a belly CT to be safe. So I’m nervous about all that, the test results and possible surgery. I’m down to 4.5 mg

On my taper, slow and steady.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Good to see you TTBP. Glad to hear about the continued remission. I have somewhat of a scare going on. I’ve been having abdominal pain and they found a large ovarian cyst (which my gynecologist wants to take out if it doesn’t resolve) and my oncologist wants a belly CT to be safe. So I’m nervous about all that, the test results and possible surgery. I’m down to 4.5 mg

Hi Hope,

So sorry to have taken so long to respond.  I’m working 2 jobs now and just don’t get a chance to come on as much as I’d like.  Have you heard anything more since you last wrote?  Please let me know.

Hi everyone,

Hi Hope,

So sorry to have taken so long to respond.  I’m working 2 jobs now and just don’t get a chance to come on as much as I’d like.  Have you heard anything more since you last wrote?  Please let me know.

That’s ok I’ve been busy too! I had the CT Monday and forgot to update here. Everything was clear and the cyst is gone. So yay! I had to drink two bottles of nasty contrast and my stomach is still not right from that, but I’m relieved that I’m cancer free and don’t need any surgery.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven’t been here much, I have had to take breaks.

Hi there Azalea!  I’ve been wondering where you have been and how you’re doing.  You’re smart to take breaks when you need them.  It sounds like you’re doing pretty well.  Good luck with you next scan!

Happy New Year everyone, I hope we all get over our benzo and other problems in 2018.

2trusting

Me too 2trusting.  Me too.

Happy New Year! 🎈

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, cancer fighters and all.

I've been away from this site a long, long time. Got diagnosed with colorectal cancer September 2016. Since then I've had a major surgery to remove a large tumor. Later went through 28 days of radiation...ouch and then chemo. Yuck. Not for the faint of heart. I never got cleared by scans, in fact things took a negative turn a few months back. Found out I have metastatic cancer to the liver, several small tumors. I haven't had chemo since Nov last year.

Now the plan is to have several fairly serious procedures to get rid of (hopefully), the tumors in the liver. A microwave ablation scheduled for March 12 and then possibly radioactive beads injected in my liver that slowly release radiation over 2 weeks which can make you very sick, temps, nausea and pain. At the moment I am planning to do the ablation but nothing definite after that. That would be 3 procedures plus more scans.

Anyhow, through all this, I let them talk me into taking Ativan for the intense nausea during chemo. It worked of course but then turned on me in a hurry. I started crying uncontrollably at the doctors office last visit and was just totally miserable. So decided to stop taking any, I was not taking it every day and it was in very small amounts. 0.5 mg. For the good it did, I have been paying dearly. I cannot believe that I am having to go through a mini withdrawal again but the stuff is definitely poison to me. I am not counting the few times I took it as part of my soon to be five years off klonopin. For whatever that is worth now.

My Dr was very negative right before Christmas and said maybe 4-6 months of time left. Then a radiologist that is doing the ablation said 1 year to 2 with the radiation treatment. Who knows, I know they don't know for sure but it is sure scary. All I know to do is keep fighting while I can until it gets to be too much. I've been through a lot but the nightmare is that with the stupid benzo issue, I still cannot sleep or get the rest my body needs. Still have severe, worse anxiety now and loud tinnitus. At least you would think I could get some relief from that problem at this time. There is absolutely nothing I can take to do to help this. My doctor of course is pushing Lexapro on me, like that would help. He is very smart but is clueless about the benzo problems I have. Still no one recognizes the problem. No one!

I am feeling better now after staying off the Ativan now. That problem is a bad as the cancer it seems but it's just not fatal at least in my case.

Just wanted to pop in and give an update, sad as it is. I am doing fairly well considering everything. I do miss having people to chat with here. Emotional support is much needed!

Take care all.  :)

Hi everyone, cancer fighters and all.

I've been away from this site a long, long time. Got diagnosed with colorectal cancer September 2016. Since then I've had a major surgery to remove a large tumor. Later went through 28 days of radiation...ouch and then chemo. Yuck. Not for the faint of heart. I never got cleared by scans, in fact things took a negative turn a few months back. Found out I have metastatic cancer to the liver, several small tumors. I haven't had chemo since Nov last year.

Now the plan is to have several fairly serious procedures to get rid of (hopefully), the tumors in the liver. A microwave ablation scheduled for March 12 and then possibly radioactive beads injected in my liver that slowly release radiation over 2 weeks which can make you very sick, temps, nausea and pain. At the moment I am planning to do the ablation but nothing definite after that. That would be 3 procedures plus more scans.

Anyhow, through all this, I let them talk me into taking Ativan for the intense nausea during chemo. It worked of course but then turned on me in a hurry. I started crying uncontrollably at the doctors office last visit and was just totally miserable. So decided to stop taking any, I was not taking it every day and it was in very small amounts. 0.5 mg. For the good it did, I have been paying dearly. I cannot believe that I am having to go through a mini withdrawal again but the stuff is definitely poison to me. I am not counting the few times I took it as part of my soon to be five years off klonopin. For whatever that is worth now.

My Dr was very negative right before Christmas and said maybe 4-6 months of time left. Then a radiologist that is doing the ablation said 1 year to 2 with the radiation treatment. Who knows, I know they don't know for sure but it is sure scary. All I know to do is keep fighting while I can until it gets to be too much. I've been through a lot but the nightmare is that with the stupid benzo issue, I still cannot sleep or get the rest my body needs. Still have severe, worse anxiety now and loud tinnitus. At least you would think I could get some relief from that problem at this time. There is absolutely nothing I can take to do to help this. My doctor of course is pushing Lexapro on me, like that would help. He is very smart but is clueless about the benzo problems I have. Still no one recognizes the problem. No one!

I am feeling better now after staying off the Ativan now. That problem is a bad as the cancer it seems but it's just not fatal at least in my case.

Just wanted to pop in and give an update, sad as it is. I am doing fairly well considering everything. I do miss having people to chat with here. Emotional support is much needed!

Take care all.  :)

Katia,

I’m so sorry to hear about the Mets! I will pray that your procedure goes well and that you will have some good days ahead. It stinks that the Ativan set you back.

Hi Hope,

Good to hear from you, I hope you are doing ok. Send me an update if you don't mind, I would love to hear from you.

It's not anything like the original withdrawal, I wouldn't let it get that far. I thought I could say what the hell and take it but it sure did not agree with me unfortunately.

Take care,

Karen