• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Bl...]

• [ca...]

• [Bu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard about this program for CFS and ME?  I am going to try it.  Have heard great testimonies!

www.guptaprogramme.com

Has anyone heard about this program for CFS and ME?  I am going to try it.  Have heard great testimonies!

www.guptaprogramme.com

I watched a few of his intro YouTube videos and the program sounds intriguing. Any idea of how much it costs?

I posted this article on the Insomniac support thread, but I thought I would post it here too. I have been grounding (earthing) for a few weeks now for 30 minutes each day. Just putting my bare feet on the ground each day. I have been sleeping better--waking up fewer times each night. My main purpose in the grounding is to lower inflammation without having to take any supplements eventually and to improve my sleep. Here is a research article--there seems to be some benefit to it!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/

Hello,  I have horrific adrenaline surges mostly in the mornings and at the same time, I am constantly exhausted. Does anyone know if this could be a symptom of adrenal fatigue? Thank you

Hello,  I have horrific adrenaline surges mostly in the mornings and at the same time, I am constantly exhausted. Does anyone know if this could be a symptom of adrenal fatigue? Thank you

It could be just a symptom of your sympathetic nervous system being in overdrive due to withdrawal. And benzo withdrawal probably stresses out the adrenal glands as well as everything else it seems. It causes HPA disregulation--hypothalamus/pituitary/adrenal axis, disrupts the endocrine system.

The surges in the morning could be cortisol. Or if your adreanals are really burnt out, it could be adrenaline.

The best way to find out if you have adrenal fatigue is to do a 24 hour saliva test. That way you can do samples 4-5 times throughout a 24 hour period. Many doctors will just do a blood draw in the morning, but that is too small of a sampling. You can do this on your own or through your doctor. I got mine through ZRT Labs. They will also send you a report if you do it on your own. Otherwise the report goes to your doc.

I went through my doctor this time around in order for her to treat my adrenal fatigue. I have high night time cortisol and wake up frequently. I was being jolted awake but now that has calmed down and I usually can fall back asleep now.

I posted this article on the Insomniac support thread, but I thought I would post it here too. I have been grounding (earthing) for a few weeks now for 30 minutes each day. Just putting my bare feet on the ground each day. I have been sleeping better--waking up fewer times each night. My main purpose in the grounding is to lower inflammation without having to take any supplements eventually and to improve my sleep. Here is a research article--there seems to be some benefit to it!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/

Very cool Bluemoon, I am going to try this also.  :thumbsup:

Hi, Posting so that I can follow this thread.  I have ME -- diagnosed.

W

I have not read up on ME ... yet, I will though wbb... may some others will chime in?

:thumbsup:

I am hoping this thread grows in time, we moan about symptoms enough, we need to start finding our own healing solutions.

Absolutely  oscar. I'm going to up the two basics , magnesium and vitamin c starting tomorrow. Also the grounding (earthing) exercise is very intriguing as well. Glad you turned me on to this thread as i am thoroughly devoted to bettering myself holisticly without any more drugs. Exercise is key, I believe the number one most important  variable in anyone's  withdrawal. Peace.

I do not want to start messing with supplements whilst tapering, not just yet but tomorrow I am going to map out a pretty solid diet plan, it will be very samey, lots of salmon, avocado, brown rice, hummus, eggs, prawns, meats etc but I need to stock up on healthy fats and various bits on my list.

I read some of the book Grain Brain last night and so I am going with that but checking his list of foods against foods high in glutamate, although that cannot be avoided altogether, we would starve !!!

I am just trying to compile the ultimate list of benzo withdrawal safe foods that I know I can eat and eat often and plenty.

I will post my diet plan here, you guys and gals might be shocked at how basic it is but as long as I am getting enough calories and nutrients I don't care if my diet is somewhat bland, food is food, I see it as fuel and in any case, I enjoy healthy eating, simple foods are often the best, I cannot stand salsa dips and canned or processed junk now, it just feels like eating rubbish to me now...

Yeah, I'm not referring to supplements, just foods high in magnesium; dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, and bananas. Also foods high in vitamin c ;bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwifruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits, tomatoes, peas. Obviously a dark green salad is an easy way to get these, one mineral, and one vitamin. I'm starting slow as well. I do recall the two times I was hospitalized while on benzos I was given a magnesium drip. Coincidence? A little extra vitamin c in the diet couldn't hurt anyone. Diet and exercise, repairing the adrenal system ftom  years of torture through benzos. It really makes a lot of sense to me. :clap:

Just wanted to give an update--I am starting to feel much better! I had my cortisol tested recently (24 hour saliva test) and found out it had gotten even worse since last November. It is too high most of the time with the exception of about noon-9pm. I have been taking Seriphos for a month now and I am starting to notice a major difference. I take it a few hours before I know I have high cortisol and I take one when I wake up early in the morning and then go back to sleep. Yes! I said back to sleep! I have actually been getting around 6-7 hours a night, usually broken, but hey, I will take it!  ;D

I have been avoiding foods high in glutamate, no caffeine, no dairy, no alcohol, no sugar, and I eat only complex carbs, lots of vegetables and salads, and protein with every meal. I eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. I have been grounding 15-30 minutes each day, walking about 30 minutes at a fairly fast pace, doing deep breathing throughout the day, and meditating at least once a day for maybe 15 minutes.

My job is outside and physical so it has been a challenge through all the withdrawal symptoms, but the muscle pain is starting to ease up as well. I read that not only can chronically high cortisol lead to muscle pain, but my doc told me high cortisol also blocks glucose from getting into your cells so that causes high blood sugar to be circulating, causing all kinds of problems.  I have had high blood sugar for several years now even when eating low carb and exercising. I am thrilled to have found the cause and a solution. Will keep taking the Seriphos! And the other supplements I take as well. I really hope my next blood test that I will be down from the pre-diabetic range.  :thumbsup:

thanks for the update bluemoon! glad to hear you're doing better. I've been reading more about earthing, and it only makes sense that we, as humans, have become detached from mother earth. Personally I am going to stay away from supplement right now, but definitely increase my natural intake of magnesium, vitamins c,d, and b. Been working around the house today, and i plan on doing a good cardio workout later, and lifting tomorrow afternoon. Peace.

thanks for the update bluemoon! glad to hear you're doing better. I've been reading more about earthing, and it only makes sense that we, as humans, have become detached from mother earth. Personally I am going to stay away from supplement right now, but definitely increase my natural intake of magnesium, vitamins c,d, and b. Been working around the house today, and i plan on doing a good cardio workout later, and lifting tomorrow afternoon. Peace.

Completely agree--humans did not always wear shoes all the time. We spend so much time indoors removed from any connection to the earth. I really believe that going barefoot even for a little while and absorbing the electrons from the earth can have healing effects in the body. It really does make a lot of sense that by wearing rubber soled shoes and effectively sealing off any connection between the earth and our bare feet has cut off possibly an evolutionary process of healing. Just a thought.

Seriphos is a natural supplement--it is phosphorylated serine--here is an article that explains elevated cortisol and how to treat it--

https://www.moodcure.com/correcting_cortisol_levels.html

Sounds like you are doing better as well! Enjoy your workout!

Great thread!  Love the ideas about earthing too!  I always felt better out in nature.  As a kid, we used to go barefoot a lot and went for walks on the beach.  Miss all that so much.  After reading your posts, my dogs and I went outside and just laid on the ground in the sun....so relaxing!

Glad you are feeling better and getting some sleep Bluemoon :)

Great thread!  Love the ideas about earthing too!  I always felt better out in nature.  As a kid, we used to go barefoot a lot and went for walks on the beach.  Miss all that so much.  After reading your posts, my dogs and I went outside and just laid on the ground in the sun....so relaxing!

Glad you are feeling better and getting some sleep Bluemoon :)

I was always barefoot as a kid too! I plan on doing that more often this summer.  That is awesome that you and your dogs could spend some time out is the sun today close to nature! Cold snap here where I live for a few days so had to take a little break from grounding, but it should be warm again by Tuesday afternoon and I'll get my bare feet on the ground again!

Just posted a link to Chris Kresser's new program for Adrenal Fatigue on Chewing the Fat.  The video link is good today and tomorrow (ends March 22nd) and the group is starting in early April.

I'm really looking forward to working with them and would encourage you to check out the post on Chewing the Fat and the links while they are active.

I've been suffering with adrenal fatigue now since the fall of 2010.  I go for my annual results of the 24-hour urine panel on Thursday but being in withdrawal has made recovery really tough.  I couldn't recover at all while I was on the z-drug/benzo.

:smitten:

Ali

Hello!  I would like to join in this group....I have quit klonopin three times the last being March 2016.  I have been on a combination of antidepressants, klonopin, anticonvulsants for 20 1/2 years.  I was med free from September 2015 to January 2016.  I am now on gabapentin and lamictal.  I have been going to see a integrated/ functional medicine doctor and have just had a lot of tests done.  I had a 24 hr saliva cortisol, neurotransmitters and urine test which showed normal serotonin, elevated norepinephrine and dopamine...interestingly enough it showed normal gaba....this was in January before I started gabapentin.  It also showed that my cortisol levels were the lowest in the morning and begins rising around noon and continually rises through midnight.  It also showed very elevated glutamate levels.  My diet sucks and as a child I had tested positive for a wheat allergy but have always eaten a ton of bread.  They also had me do a meridian stress analysis which was very interesting....the lady had me hold this metal cylinder and she wet my hand then she would put these leads on my fingers and get computer readings.  She then did this while adding different bottles of supplements on this shelf thing that was attached to the testing elements and computer....she was able to tell which supplements my body liked and did not like....so far they have told me to go gluten free and eventually want me to cut out refined sugar and dairy but for now gluten.  I have tried over the past couple of weeks to cut out the gabapenting and lamictal but it throws me into acute withdrawals so bad I get into a very scary dark place.  I have decided that I just can't change my crappy diet while in acute withdrawals because when I a i withdrawals it is all I can do just to live.  My plan is to stay on the gabapentin and lamictal and stabilize and try to modify my diet....to be honest I am such a picky eater I don't know how much I can modify my diet....I am actually scared to try...thinking about it gives me great anxiety.  I hate to cook so this is going to be hard because we eat out the majority of the time.  I also hate fish so I don't know how successful I will be.  I am thinking about trying to change my diet one meal at the time during the week...I am going to have to go really slow with this.  One good thing is I don't drink and I don't smoke.  I don't drink coffee and have given up my diet soda over the past 2 weeks but have replaced it with more water and unsweet tea.  I look forward to supporting one another....thanks for all of the info. and posts so far.

I'm glad we have this thread. Although there are no scientific studies done to relate adrenal fatigue to benzo withdrawal, it helps me to understand what in the world is going on. I need to be able know, to some degree what exactly is happening to my nody, and what I can do to help. I have increased my dark leafy greens intake, and I've been eating more citrus fruits, both of which are high in magnesium and vitamin c. I've continued working out and I've actually increased my cardio, and I believe I've increased its efficiency as well.

Hello!  I would like to join in this group....I have quit klonopin three times the last being March 2016.  I have been on a combination of antidepressants, klonopin, anticonvulsants for 20 1/2 years.  I was med free from September 2015 to January 2016.  I am now on gabapentin and lamictal.  I have been going to see a integrated/ functional medicine doctor and have just had a lot of tests done.  I had a 24 hr saliva cortisol, neurotransmitters and urine test which showed normal serotonin, elevated norepinephrine and dopamine...interestingly enough it showed normal gaba....this was in January before I started gabapentin.  It also showed that my cortisol levels were the lowest in the morning and begins rising around noon and continually rises through midnight.  It also showed very elevated glutamate levels.  My diet sucks and as a child I had tested positive for a wheat allergy but have always eaten a ton of bread.  They also had me do a meridian stress analysis which was very interesting....the lady had me hold this metal cylinder and she wet my hand then she would put these leads on my fingers and get computer readings.  She then did this while adding different bottles of supplements on this shelf thing that was attached to the testing elements and computer....she was able to tell which supplements my body liked and did not like....so far they have told me to go gluten free and eventually want me to cut out refined sugar and dairy but for now gluten.  I have tried over the past couple of weeks to cut out the gabapenting and lamictal but it throws me into acute withdrawals so bad I get into a very scary dark place.  I have decided that I just can't change my crappy diet while in acute withdrawals because when I a i withdrawals it is all I can do just to live.  My plan is to stay on the gabapentin and lamictal and stabilize and try to modify my diet....to be honest I am such a picky eater I don't know how much I can modify my diet....I am actually scared to try...thinking about it gives me great anxiety.  I hate to cook so this is going to be hard because we eat out the majority of the time.  I also hate fish so I don't know how successful I will be.  I am thinking about trying to change my diet one meal at the time during the week...I am going to have to go really slow with this.  One good thing is I don't drink and I don't smoke.  I don't drink coffee and have given up my diet soda over the past 2 weeks but have replaced it with more water and unsweet tea.  I look forward to supporting one another....thanks for all of the info. and posts so far.

Hmmm, downtongirl, there comes a point in this where you need to decide if you really want to get better or not, you already confessed your diet sucks and yet you seem scared to change it? Why be scared to change your eating habits if how you eat is harming you now???

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Embrace healthy eating, it can be fun !!!

Try the THE BEST FOODS TO HEAL SUPPORT GROUP in the support section, lots of good ideas there.  :thumbsup:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153694.0

We are what we eat and if we want to be healthy, then we have to do right by our bodies... but healthy eating doesn't need to be a chore.

SUNFLOWER SEEDS

VITAMIN B1 28% DV

VITAMIN B2 6% DV

VITAMIN B3 12% DV

VITAMIN B5 20% DV

VITAMIN B6  19% DV

VITAMIN E  49% DV

COPPER  26% DV

IRON  11% DV

MANGANESE  30% DV

PHOSPHORUS  32% DV

SODIUM  7% DV