A Slightly Less Minor Milestone

[Co...]

Hey Colin and the gang

Can most certainly testify that if it weren't for you lot I would no longer be here.  What a ride of four years its been since my c/t of 4mg of Xanax many many many times I came here purely for survival.  Its a time in my life I will never forget but the nutty thing is even though it was the most horrendous time in my life I have never felt such love from human beings as I had on this site.  All people struggling through the same journey.  Thanks once again for making this site possible.  Such a cool selfless thing to do. 

Lizzy x

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Mo...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

I, too, thank everyone. You all have been there for me several times over many years of Benzo use, discontinuing, and relapses. When it happened once again I tried BB address, hoping yet not confident you would still be here for me....and there you are.

I am now 65 and 8 days Benzo free, but am in much distress but not as resilient as before..Thank God for BB!

• 1 month later...
Thank you Colin and all the Mods for being here and helping....I would have been in the looney bin thinking I was Just "Nuts"..YOU saved this poor Lil soul!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  Jude

Thank you Colin and all the Mods for being here and helping....I would have been in the looney bin thinking I was Just "Nuts"..YOU saved this poor Lil soul!! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  Jude

Hey congrats my Beatles buddie! :thumbsup::smitten:

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know where I'd be without BB. Who can possibly understand all that happens in benzoland except other BB's? We can't talk it out with doctors (well, we can, but personally it's all gone nowhere!) Family finds it difficult to understand. Friends often leave or we just don't feel comfortable with them during this time.

Anyway, THANKS, COLIN, for seeing a desperate need to fill and doing it!! There's a place somewhere in heaven for you. If you didn't do anything else, having BB is clearly enough and has brought so much peace to others!! I can't thank you enough.  :smitten:

And a big thanks to all the administrators and moderators who keep the ball rolling!!

I don't know where I'd be without BB. Who can possibly understand all that happens in benzoland except other BB's? We can't talk it out with doctors (well, we can, but personally it's all gone nowhere!) Family finds it difficult to understand. Friends often leave or we just don't feel comfortable with them during this time.

Anyway, THANKS, COLIN, for seeing a desperate need to fill and doing it!! There's a place somewhere in heaven for you. If you didn't do anything else, having BB is clearly enough and has brought so much peace to others!! I can't thank you enough.  :smitten:

And a big thanks to all the administrators and moderators who keep the ball rolling!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank You very much to Colin and the Team.  I am a relatively new member, but had visited the Forum as a guest in the worst months of Xanax withdrawal. It provided a comfort, a warmth, good humor, and a few hours of reading each day on my laptop when I felt so isolated. It still provides all that. Thank You. The electronic format/programming is great, very well put together. The Forum offers many diverse individualized support groups, topics for discussion, tools for members to use, and direct electronic links to practical information, which are all very well organized and easily accessible. The members and moderators are very cool, diverse, interesting: very real. It's like a 12-Step meeting, but different. It offers much courage, strength and hope. It really helps me as I move forward, letting go of my Xanax addiction.  Thank You for all of your hard work.

Peace, Love, and Empathy, Karuna (7 1/2 months no Xanax, no other Rx).

I must say when no one knew what was happening to me and why I was in such distress this web site was my first light in a dim world, thank you to all as I feel confident I will now see myself through this mess that I was thrust into.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't thank you enough for this board.

These posts are something I love to share with others.

What is happening to us:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

Layman's Guide

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=77803.msg1026651#msg1026651

It made sense out of all the nonsense and took a lot of the fear out of this whole nightmare.

Sad to say, but I sent links to another person today who has been on 2 mg of clonazapam for over 10 years.

I told them based on their current lack of motivation, inability to think, unexplained new health problems, having to leave their job because they can't function, and nightly nightmares that they are probably in tolerance withdrawal.

I shared the Ashton manual also and said go slow, do your research and hope you don't need to be on the forum as it can go smoothly for many.

I pray they don't need this board, but if they do, there is no better place.