• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [Es...]

• [La...]

• [Sh...]

It’s sad but true, Benzo3. Twain had this great ironic sense of humor. I liked the quote by Kahlil Gibran you posted a lot. I always knew my husband’s life and recovery were more important than myself. Never stood in the way of his AA meetings and AA friends. We have fought the addiction together for 15 yrs. Now I’m the one who needs help, cause I relapsed in 2014. And he’s now sober enough to offer help. Thanks to all his involvement in AA for more than a decade. I think it’s understandable, that for everyone, their own recovery and well-being should come first. Otherwise, they won’t be able to help others in need.

It’s sad but true, Benzo3. Twain had this great ironic sense of humor. I liked the quote by Kahlil Gibran you posted a lot. I always knew my husband’s life and recovery were more important than myself. Never stood in the way of his AA meetings and AA friends. We have fought the addiction together for 15 yrs. Now I’m the one who needs help, cause I relapsed in 2014. And he’s now sober enough to offer help. Thanks to all his involvement in AA for more than a decade. I think it’s understandable, that for everyone, their own recovery and well-being should come first. Otherwise, they won’t be able to help others in need.

Astute and nicely said!

"Life moves on regardless of what you're going through. so no need to stay stressed out and miserable ..just remember, you went through what you went through for a reason and there will be a better plan for you".~AU.

"Life moves on regardless of what you're going through. so no need to stay stressed out and miserable ..just remember, you went through what you went through for a reason and there will be a better plan for you".~AU.

Very nice.

http://i66.tinypic.com/30n7qmr.jpg

More about Albert Camus from "Wikipedia"

Or a woman and the life she leads.  ;)

Or a man and the life she leads. 🙂

Or a woman and the life he leads.

Or a person and the life they lead.

:)

"When I run after what I think I want, my days are a furnace of stress and anxiety; if I sit in my own place of patience, what I need flows to me, and without pain. From this I understand that what I want also wants me, is looking for me and attracting me. There is a great secret here for anyone who can grasp it".~Rumi

http://i66.tinypic.com/30n7qmr.jpg

More about Albert Camus from "Wikipedia"

Or a woman and the life she leads.  ;)

Or a man and the life she leads. 🙂

Or a woman and the life he leads.

Or a person and the life they lead.

:)

Hahaha, Camus was French. And I’m not a native speaker of English ;D

"Qu’est-ce que le bonheur sinon l’accord vrai entre un homme et l’existence qu’il mène ?"

Here’s the quote in French...

“A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.”

~Eleanor Roosevelt~

"A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars".~ Carly Simon

"When I run after what I think I want, my days are a furnace of stress and anxiety; if I sit in my own place of patience, what I need flows to me, and without pain. From this I understand that what I want also wants me, is looking for me and attracting me. There is a great secret here for anyone who can grasp it".~Rumi

This is so true! When I search for the perfect day, I'm stressed out trying to find it. Today I wasn't trying so hard... I was spontaneous, and so much better for it... not so much searching... just being and following my less stressed out lead.

"Whatever happens to you, don't fall in despair. Even if all the doors are closed, a secret path will be there for you that no one knows. You can't see it yet but so many paradises are at the end of this path...Be grateful! It is easy to thank after obtaining what you want, thank before having what you want".~Rumi

This is so true! When I search for the perfect day, I'm stressed out trying to find it. Today I wasn't trying so hard... I was spontaneous, and so much better for it... not so much searching... just being and following my less stressed out lead.

:smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are".~Saint Augustine

"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are".~Saint Augustine

That is a beautiful quote Begood.  Anger can be a good thing as long as it propels us forward towards action and achieving a positive goal.

:smitten:

She