HELP HELP HELP!!!

[th...]

[51...]

Hi Mike,

It just occurred to me that you can easily confuse the symptoms of sleep deprivation with benzo W/D symptoms. Later, you'll know the difference.

Jana

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [th...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [bo...]

[51...]

Mike,

A successful taper can happen.  It may be pretty rough to taper though. There are all sorts of reactions. I warn people not to invite serious W/D symptoms from a C/T because they may last through the whole taper. This is what happened to me. Once the nose dive was going full speed, I didn't just come out of it by using a benzo. I was stuck for 13 months. Only  during the last months did this begin to resolve itself. Obviously I don't think that this is worth the risk. I had no kind of life during this period. I was struggling to survive. My real taper was still successful.

However there probably are many stories of people who  had to reinstate some amount of benzo and didn't suffer too much during the following taper.

You used only 100mg of Seroquel and for one time. I don't think that Seroquel has caused your tremor. I think that you are in the begining of benzo W/D. I have no clue to how bad or good this will be.  As I said, I wouldn't take this risk.

If you are not terribly dependent yet, you'll be able to taper quickly. If you are truly dependent, you must taper anyway. One way or another I see a taper in your future. It's the safest thing to do.

The C/T people populate the ranks of the protracted withdrawal  group. You may get away okay, and you may suffer even more. You can't predict.

Jana