You will succeed too!

[li...]

Thank you life, I need to keep reading these. Unfortunately it's taking more than 14 months and yes it is the hardest thing ever. People who get to the other side are so strong  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [li...]

• [La...]

• [Le...]

• [dr...]

It's so good to read these truly wonderful stories, when it's happening to you it's so difficult to see any future or any chances to ever be healed it's just impossible to be able to think that could happen to me.

My partner is an amazing man the real man is kind loving thoughtful giving, benzos have created a whole different person, he is still there but fights a daily battle to find himself.

I know he will get through this I pray every night for his healing, and for a return to normality for him.

He is 7 months in and is going through living hell.

Please god one day he will be able to help others by writing his success story on here.

Love and healing to all on this long and difficult journey.

Fento and buddies,

I thought what would I say if God gave me only five bullet points to explain benzo withdrawal and healing. Ill give it a try.

1. Do not count yourself so special - you will heal too! Sorry, the odds are against your negative thoughts will Not prevail.  :thumbsup:

2. Healing is slow at times ( average "full recovery" 7 to 14 months) with fringes on either side. But it happens.

3. people that heal usually just get on with life and leave BB behind. It not selfish it is just survival. I thought about never returning.

4. Yes, I too thought throughout my recovery that I would not heal -- its normal.

5. Life is so sweet on the other side. see you then!

Love,

Life

Life,

Thank you so much for your bullet points.  I will read them every day.  I am finishing up month 14 and I am praying I heal in the "average" range without the fringe.  Ha!

Love Sofa

Bless you life...I have mentioned this before but your success story made me join BB.

I remember my wife reading your entire post to me and me balling, finally understanding what it was that was "wrong" with me. Your words have saved so many nights!

I only wish to ask - How did you finally confirm it was all over? Did it just melt away? I feel that my intrusives have a life of their own. There are times I feel wonderful and then boom. Its easy to forget its all benzo lies but wow. At times one can feel like an outcast.

Thank you for your story and keep enjoying life!

Leo

leo,

Your feedback has made my day!:thumbsup: You said it perfectly -- it melted away. Only through the prism of time did I realize that this benzo journey was over and a better life began. I looked back and healing was 14 months but I started feeling better at 8- 12. Oh boy my intrusive thought were horrible and now they are all gone. :smitten: You mentioning that condition actually made me realized that this was a big symptom I had. I actually forgot. Interesting how the mind forgets what it doe snot want to remember! In December/January of 2013 I literally thought I was going crazy and turned schizophrenic. Now no symptoms at all. Praise God!!!!

Peace my friend! You will heal!

Life

Even tho I am still deep in the process of healing,It is stories like yours that keep me going.You mention dwelling on the good stuff instead of reading stuff that may scare you.Frankly i am scared enough.I think distractions and meditating and walking,tapping,all such good things we can take with us out of this scary and challenging thing called benzo withdrawal.we will be way more in tune with our bodies after this!Thanks for taking the time to write and share all your good stuff.wend :) :)

Wen,

I know what tapping was very effective for me… and when life gets to met with the many stressful challenges I still use tapping.

My wife just reminded me how she would walk with me and say " look to me, things are good. There is nothing to worry about. Believe in my thoughts". I was so negative. I thought I was one of the few that would never heal and here I am helping others.

What a journey. I really am thinking about funding a documentary on this issue.

with love

Henry

omg,I really think a documentary is what is needed.I know naturepath Drs are dropping like flies mysteriously.I am wondering if the big companies we dread are apart of that?I would always like to speak the truth and stand up for what is right.I have been telling my friends i am gonna write a book if I survive this!!I think more people need to speak up we become less of a victim when we do that.We live in a world that is not only over political but so off base when it comes to "so called western medicines,and Pharma companies"The truth needs to come out and we need to quit padded the pockets of greed at the expense of peoples lives.I think i just ranted!Oh good for me!!! :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

wen,

I so agree with you. My wife says that I have an obligation to write a book or do a documentary on this issue. I am getting closer and closer to do one of these steps and coming out.

Life

I think many of us have had the same reaction to that video. I was in tears, as were a number of other Buddies. There are SO many people who have been affected by these meds that it's unbelievable. And we're all just hanging on and hoping to heal. It's these Success Stories that feed us and carry us along.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that documentary film will be out sooner rather than later so that the word gets spread far and wide.

Thank you so much for the link. I really am so thankful that others are going public with the devastating  effects of this drug. The miracle of the brain and how its seeks to heal itself and seeks normality. That is the only good thing about this journey -- all you have to do is wait and the brain will heal itself.  It just happens even if you do not believe it will happen to you.  ::)

Life

You're welcome, Life. That website has a lot of interesting information in the "blog" section too.

It's stories like yours that help the rest of us believe that we are, truly, healing despite how crappy we currently feel. Thanks for the reminder that we're healing even if we don't believe it.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

It is so normal to believe while you are going through this process that you will never heal -- that is why they call it waves -- everything is negative and permeant. the good news is that the brain is out to heal itself with or without your help --  8)

Loving,

Life

• 5 months later...

In september it will be 3 years! Wow! I wrote a success story which I am cutting and pasting again in a desire to help others out. I have not been on here in months. I healed a while ago but thought this might help others. Enjoy.

original success story:

Lately I have spent weeks not even once thinking of benzo withdrawal or its affects it had on me. That is why I know that it is time for me  write my success story. I actually sometimes forget how difficult the benzo w/d was yet I spent 14 months from September 19,2013 to December 2014  wondering second by second, day by day, month by month if I would ever regain my mind, enthusiasm for life, clearness, sharpness and go-getter attitude. Yes, it does all come back!  I promise you! Benzo Buddy studies show that full healing within this community will occur by month 14 on average BUT you may feel better much sooner -- hence it is sometimes earlier for many. If you are reading this you are probably wondering "What have I gotten myself into? Will I ever be me again? Is all this benzos or is it that I am damaged goods? Maybe I need benzos to feel better? What if reinstating does not work? Are these waves really benzos or am I just not well ?"  Are you asking these questions? THE ANSWER WITH 100% CERTAINTY -- Yes it is all benzos!!!!! 

For the first 14 months post jump I thought I would never be "me" again. I write this success story not at an opportune time either. I write this at a time when there has been an extraordinary turmoil in my personal life -- but I am benzo free and basically "wave free" but not stimulus free. You see, I am going through a tough civil litigation that is quite draining and very dark and negative. But the good news is that I am handling it well -- like anyone "normal" would given the circumstances. A little or allot of stress no longer makes me go into a anxious/depressive wave. Now, before you think that I am anti meds -- I am not! Some people need meds. I am just anti benzos! But if you were an anxious or depressed person before benzos then you must use CBT, exercise, Hypnosis, yoga, emotional tapping etc to get yourself naturally to a good place again. At the same time benzos w/d will make you feel that you will never overcome and you will never be "you" again. That is a benzo lie! If I can do it you can too!

I have fun again; I dream again; I make plans again.  Imaging making plans again without waves making you cancel them. I can look forward to the day rather than wondering how I will get through it. I no longer spend my days "googling symptoms". Ahhhh, but you may be the anxious type - the doubting Thomas? You may be someone that says "Yeah but not me -- I  am really messed up." Yeah, sure, you are so special that you defy the odds of healing? So as the doubter you may say, "Yeah but what about all the people that are healed? Why are they not around? Do people really heal?" Yes, they do heal and believe! And when you are healed the last place you want to be around after you heal is Benzo buddies.  I hope that does not sound ungrateful! I probably owe my life to this site. I am back on this forum today and am writing this little story because people need to know that healing will come -- whether you believe it or not.  For me, when I was "almost healed" I just wanted to be away from benzo buddies because I felt so fragile still. So I started to spend more and more time away. It was hard because all my Buddies were so kind and dear to me -- they are now on the 12-18 month thread. I will not mention them all for fear that I may miss one. I truly love them

When you start feeling the healing process take hold in earnest, and you will know when it happens, you will start to realize that there is a whole new life out there and you will start to go for it! I will write more in the future about life after  benzo w/d but I promise you that you will heal no matter what you may think. For anxious people it will be hard to accept - but your body will heal you whether you know it or not -- i.e. time is in control NOT you. Your job is to stay away from the drug and time will heal you. I call what I went through a "Benzo reactivation syndrome" not "benzo withdrawal". Your brain is trying to start the Gaba system up again. It has been artificially seduced by a nasty drug. It needs to reactivate and work again. Please hang in there and stay with this wonderful community until you no longer need it. I say that without guilt. Then come back after your success and shine a light for those behind you. That is what I am doing.

Things that helped?

Praying

Benzo buddies

Stay away from protracted sites ( they will just confuse you)

Not everyone has the same issues

Keeping active

Distracting with anything possible ( a most)

Hypnosis -- particularly Rapid Resolution Therapy.

Daily Exercise

Emotional Healing ( tapping)

Meditation

Drugs used to alleviate

Low dose of Gabapenten ( For me very helpful) 200mg a day. ( No longer)

What your are going through feels like pure hell. I will not sugar coat it -- it does feel that way and it may be just that for a time. I can tell you that when you get through it one day you will wake up and not even think about benzo withdrawal. That is when you know you are way on your way to total healing. I have an opinion of how long it takes to fully heal. Studies on this very site show 14 months for the average. Before you freak - understand that there is a time that you just feel like your symptoms are tolerable and then things get better and better. I think the brain continues to repair itself for about 2 years post jump. That does not mean you will be in misery for 2 years -- not at all! You may start feeling better anywhere from 4 to 14 months ( I know big spectrum but healing is individual). Then you just get better and better untill one day you feel fully healed. For me I am 90% there -- but I am cool with that because 90% feels awesome on the way to 100%! As I write this "success story" I am thinking, " Wow, I can now remember how bad it was". I almost have forgotten as it feels like an event in my distant past. I know that you may not feel like total healing will happen to you but you too will have this healing. That I am 100% CERTAIN! One day it will be a distant memory for you. You doubt it? Just remember my words. It will be a distant memory. May God bless you all and happy and quick healing!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Love :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Life4me[/b]

That sounds like resounding success to me. I am sure this thread will help countless others. I wish you continued happi ess and blessings :)