Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[65...]

Really like the art, Ins, but the quote shines over all...

I have heard, and said "Today, I had food on the table...tonight, I have a roof over my head...anything more is gravy..." I would add to that , "and the friendship of those along the way..."

Love this thread...tex

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Fluter, Lily, Snowy, Tex, PD, CD, Angel, Ego, Lapis, ABCD, Mr. A, Tracy, Norvegia, Ingrid & Eric

Thank you for the insightful and sensitive posts.

I am so inspired by all that you share.

Love,

Ins

http://heartwhispers.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/9/6089290/4821438_orig.jpg

As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand

that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly

grateful. 

They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness --

just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breathe it; just warmth and shelter and home folks;

just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.

- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Hi Ins.  :) What a beautiful quote.  8) So true.  :smitten:

Snowy

http://kinnera.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mother-child-orientish1.jpg

form_essentialelements5s.jpg

TODAY WAS GLORIOUS, AND FULL OF CHILDS PLAY 

:angel:

I KEPT MY BABY TODAY...16MTHS OLD.  HE GREETED ME WITH A MORNIN SMILE WHEN I TOOK HIM OUT OF HIS BED.

HE HAD BREAKFAST OF BLUEBERRY YOGURT WITH CHEERIOS FOR EXTRA CRUNCH...AND LOVED EVERY BITE...SMILING THE ENTIRE TIME...COVERING HIS EYES AND SAYING "BOO"! OF COURSE I HAVE TO ACT STARTLED :)

THAN WE WENT TO THE PARK AND SWANG, PLAYED IN THE ROCKS, SLID DOWN THE SLIDE, WALKED AROUND, LOOKED AT LEAVES, FLOWERS, ROCKS, BIRDS...EVEN FOUND A LADY BUG. I LAID BACK ON THE ROCKS AND SOAKED UP THE SUN...IT FELT WONDERFUL ON MY SKIN, AND THE BREEZE WAS LOVELY.

LEFT THE PARK AND WALKED AROUND 5 BLOCKS...GOT HOME IN TIME FOR SIDEWALK CHALK AND BUBBLES...THAN IT WAS LUNCH.  WE DINED TOGETHER OUTSIDE ON A QUILT. HE DISCOVERD CHEETOS PUFFS...LOL, WHAT A SIGHT. HE LOVED THEM!

MY LITTLE BOY WAS TIRED...SO, NAP WAS BUT A WALK UP THE STAIRS.  I DECIDED TO REST TOO...HE LAID RIGHT NEXT TO ME, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME TOOK HIS NAP WITH OUT A BOTTLE :)  WHAT A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT.

HE CURLED UP NEXT TO ME WITH HIS FACE RESTING UP AGAINST MY ARM.. I COULDN'T HELP BUT STARE AT HIM. HE SMELLS SO GOOD, AND...I LOVED LISTENING TO HIS SHALLOW DEEP BREATHING AS HE SLEPT.

HE SLEPT FOR 2 1//2 HRS...AND WOKE WITH THAT SAME SMILE...HE IS BEAUTIFUL, AND I FEEL SO MUCH JOY WHEN HE REACHES FOR ME WANTING TO BE PICKED UP. HE CURLS HIS LITTLE BODY UP, AND LETS ME JUST SQUEEZ THE SUGAR RIGHT OUT OF HIM ;) LAUGHING THE ENTIRE TIME.

I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE ON MAKE*UP, MY HAIR DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FIXED, HE DOESN'T SEE ANY EXTERNAL FLAWS...HE JUST WANT'S TO LOVE AND BE LOVED, AND I LOVE THIS LITTLE BOY TO PIECES.

I DON'T KNOW WHO ENJOYED THIS DAY MORE...HIM OR ME...IT MAY BE A TIE.

TOMORROW WERE GOING ON A PICNIC ON THE BAYFRONT, AND I'M GOING TO INTRODUCE HIM TO FEEDING THE SEAGULLS.

THIS BABY IS A GOD SENT BLESSING, A JOY, AND PURE BABY LOVE.

MY DAY WAS JOYFUL :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

SENDING LOVE AND HUGS FOR ALL,

FB :smitten:

[65...]

Fluter,

What a precious day you enjoyed with your little guy

You detailed it so beautifully

Sweet, priceless moments

I am so happy for you

Love,

Ins

:hug:

ps

The drawings are gorgeous

Dear Fluter,

Out of the two of you, I don't know which of you enjoyed your day more... but I must tell you I so enjoyed just living it with you through your writing.  It was a lovely time for me to relax and take in some of life's best moments through you.

Bless you as you give beautiful days to this little gift from heaven.

Love and happy sighs...

Lily

P. S.  I loved the "sun face" picture!  It reminded me of happy times from my past that I hope will  come again.  Thank you!  It was inspiring! 

[65...]

soul-freedom-watercolor-painting-michelle-wiarda.jpg

"Soul Freedom" by Michelle Wiarda

The Prison Cell

It is possible...

It is possible at least sometimes...

It is possible especially now

To ride a horse

Inside a prison cell

And run away...

It is possible for prison walls

To disappear,

For the cell to become a distant land

Without frontiers:

What did you do with the walls?

I gave them back to the rocks.

And what did you do with the ceiling?

I turned it into a saddle

And your chain?

I turned it into a pencil

The prison guard got angry.

He put an end to my dialogue.

He said he didn't care for poetry,

And he bolted the door of my cell.

He came back to see me

In the morning,

He shouted at me:

Where did all this water come from?

I brought it from the Nile.

And the trees?

From the orchards of Damascus.

And the music?

From my heartbeat.

The prison guard got mad.

He put an end to my dialogue.

He said he didn't like my poetry,

And he bolted the door of my cell.

But he returned in the evening:

Where did this moon come from?

From the nights of Baghdad.

And the wine?

From the vineyards of Algiers.

And this freedom?

From the chain you tied me with last night.

The prison guard grew so sad...

He begged me to give him back

His freedom.

by Mahmoud Darwish

[65...]

Really like the art, Ins, but the quote shines over all...

I have heard, and said "Today, I had food on the table...tonight, I have a roof over my head...anything more is gravy..." I would add to that , "and the friendship of those along the way..."

Love this thread...tex

Tex,

And thank you for the friendship along the way

You have such a caring heart

With a beautiful sense of humor 

Love, Ins

Hi Ins.  :) What a beautiful quote.  8) So true.  :smitten:

Snowy

Snowy,

You have no idea how many times you have brought encouragement

to me

You are such a wonderful, thoughtful friend for whom I am very grateful

Thank you for sharing your wisdom, humor and kindness

Love, Ins

[65...]

http://www.kurtkeefner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-shot-2012-06-15-at-7.57.35-AM.png

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable.

But to grow up is to accept vulnerability...

To be alive is to be vulnerable.

- Madeline L'Engle

http://www.kurtkeefner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-shot-2012-06-15-at-7.57.35-AM.png

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable.

- Madeline L'Engle

Hi Ins  :) Another one that I can relate to so well. Good words of wisdom...again 8)

Thank You for the kind words on your previous post.  :) You are a true, sincere, good person who sows the seeds of life that are good. You nurture them. You value them. You guard them. You have tended to this garden of which you reap a good harvest...love support, appreciation, friendship, etc. The harvest is only as good as the gardener.  :) In short...You deserve all that is good in life.  :angel:

God Bless you Ins.  :smitten:

Snowy

Fluter,

I soooo enjoyed what you wrote about your baby boy!  It reminded me of my precious little granddaughter.  You express what you are experiencing so well and with such depth...I can feel what you're feeling.  Thank you for all your touching thoughts and sentiments.  :smitten: 

Love,

PD

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/A_Field_of_Sunshine_%282162456862%29.jpg

THE "SUNFLOWER"

Gifts of radiant warmth, sunflowers are the happiest of flowers, and their meanings include loyalty and longevity. They are unique in their ability to provide energy in the form of nourishment and vibrance, an attribute which mirrors the sun and the energy provided by its heat and light.

Today, sunflowers continue to provide a resource for commonly used seeds and oil, but they have also become recognized as a floral symbol of great significance.

Much of the meaning of sunflowers stems from its namesake, the sun itself. Wild sunflowers are often photographed with their tall stalks and bright petals stretched towards the sun. This unique behavior, known as phototropism, is a motif that has appeared in many ancient myths and is viewed as a symbol of loyalty and constancy. Their physical resemblance to the sun has also influenced their meanings. The sunflower’s petals have been likened to bright yellow rays of sunshine, which evoke feelings of warmth and happiness. In addition, the sunflower is often associated with adoration and longevity.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL "SUNFLOWER" DAY!

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP TO ALL,

FLUTER  :smitten:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/A_Field_of_Sunshine_%282162456862%29.jpg

THE "SUNFLOWER"

Gifts of radiant warmth, sunflowers are the happiest of flowers, and their meanings include loyalty and longevity. They are unique in their ability to provide energy in the form of nourishment and vibrance, an attribute which mirrors the sun and the energy provided by its heat and light.

Today, sunflowers continue to provide a resource for commonly used seeds and oil, but they have also become recognized as a floral symbol of great significance.

Much of the meaning of sunflowers stems from its namesake, the sun itself. Wild sunflowers are often photographed with their tall stalks and bright petals stretched towards the sun. This unique behavior, known as phototropism, is a motif that has appeared in many ancient myths and is viewed as a symbol of loyalty and constancy. Their physical resemblance to the sun has also influenced their meanings. The sunflower’s petals have been likened to bright yellow rays of sunshine, which evoke feelings of warmth and happiness. In addition, the sunflower is often associated with adoration and longevity.

Beautiful, fluter.  :)

Snowy

THE "SUNFLOWER"

I love learning about plants and herbs and their special qualities.  Sunflowers are truly beautiful and majestic.  I love this!  :smitten:

Fluter,

I soooo enjoyed what you wrote about your baby boy!  It reminded me of my precious little granddaughter.  You express what you are experiencing so well and with such depth...I can feel what you're feeling.  Thank you for all your touching thoughts and sentiments.  :smitten: 

Love,

PD

HI PD,

YOU KNOW...HE IS NOT EVEN MINE; ALTHOUGH, I SURE HAVE CLAIMED HIM AS SUCH. THE LOVE OF A BABY KNOWS NO BOUDARIES.

EVEN THOUGH AT TIMES IT IS DIFFICULT HAVING 2 MORE IN MY HOME. I BELIVE THIS BABY WAS BROUGHT HERE FOR A REASON.  HE BRINGS SO MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE THAT HE IS AROUND.

OUR HOME IS FILLED WITH ILLNESSES...A MOTHER WITH WORSENING DEMENTIA, A FATHER WHO CAN BARELY WALK, MEDICATIONS TO BE HANDED OUT ON A REGULAR BASES...TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST...SAD / CLOSED OFF / DARK / AND ON MANY DAYS HOPELESS.

AND THAN...THAN THE BABY ARRIVES.  PLAINLY PUT...LIFE SUSTAINING JOY!

YES, HE MAY NOT BE MINE BY BLOOD. IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME. 

THOSE CHUBBY LITTLE HANDS, HIS BEAUTIFUL BROWN EYES, TWO AMAZING DIMPLES (AND HE SMILES AND LAUGHS ALL THE TIME)! TO HOLD HIM IS WARMTH...HE'S A CUDDLE BUG, AND THE GRANDEST OF GIFTS.

MY BROTHER ASKED ME YESTERDAY...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN HE STARTS TO DAYCARE...VERY GOOD QUESTION. MY ANSWER...I'LL BE SAD AND RATHER LOST. HE IS GIVING ME PURPOSE, AND WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING THAT IS.

HIS PRESENCE HAS CHANGE THE FEEL OF MY HOME, AND FOR THAT I AM THANKFUL :)

LOVE TO YOU,

Fluter,

Love,

PD

HI PD,

YOU KNOW...HE IS NOT EVEN MINE; ALTHOUGH, I SURE HAVE CLAIMED HIM AS SUCH. THE LOVE OF A BABY KNOWS NO BOUDARIES.

EVEN THOUGH AT TIMES IT IS DIFFICULT HAVING 2 MORE IN MY HOME. I BELIVE THIS BABY WAS BROUGHT HERE FOR A REASON.  HE BRINGS SO MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE THAT HE IS AROUND.

OUR HOME IS FILLED WITH ILLNESSES...A MOTHER WITH WORSENING DEMENTIA, A FATHER WHO CAN BARELY WALK, MEDICATIONS TO BE HANDED OUT ON A REGULAR BASES...TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST...SAD / CLOSED OFF / DARK / AND ON MANY DAYS HOPELESS.

AND THAN...THAN THE BABY ARRIVES.  PLAINLY PUT...LIFE SUSTAINING JOY!

YES, HE MAY NOT BE MINE BY BLOOD. IT DOES NOT MATTER TO ME. 

THOSE CHUBBY LITTLE HANDS, HIS BEAUTIFUL BROWN EYES, TWO AMAZING DIMPLES (AND HE SMILES AND LAUGHS ALL THE TIME)! TO HOLD HIM IS WARMTH...HE'S A CUDDLE BUG, AND THE GRANDEST OF GIFTS.

MY BROTHER ASKED ME YESTERDAY...WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN HE STARTS TO DAYCARE...VERY GOOD QUESTION. MY ANSWER...I'LL BE SAD AND RATHER LOST. HE IS GIVING ME PURPOSE, AND WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING THAT IS.

HIS PRESENCE HAS CHANGE THE FEEL OF MY HOME, AND FOR THAT I AM THANKFUL :)

LOVE TO YOU,

It sounds like that little baby is a gift from heaven!  You are truly blessed to have him...and he you!  :angel:  Hmmm...maybe he doesn't need to start daycare.  ;)

PD :smitten:

http://flowerinfo.org/wp-content/gallery/sweet-williams-flowers/sweet-williams-flowers-1.jpg

Sweet William

When I pick up Sweet Williams

And inhale their spiced perfume,

I see them on the windowsill

Of our tiny old back room.

Their sweet indented petals,

Coloured every shade of pink,

Glowed so bright in that urban gloom

They almost made me blink.

They’d grown on Dad’s allotment –

An expanse of air and sun –

Along with fruits and vegetables

He brought home for my Mum.

Sweet Williams bring it home to me

I’m still the child I used to be.

~Frances King

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2004/04/12/htop/d07b66.jpg

[65...]

- Madeline L'Engle

Hi Ins  :) Another one that I can relate to so well. Good words of wisdom...again 8)

Thank You for the kind words on your previous post.  :) You are a true, sincere, good person who sows the seeds of life that are good. You nurture them. You value them. You guard them. You have tended to this garden of which you reap a good harvest...love support, appreciation, friendship, etc. The harvest is only as good as the gardener.  :) In short...You deserve all that is good in life.  :angel:

God Bless you Ins.  :smitten:

Snowy

Snowy,

Thank you and God bless you.

Love, Ins :smitten:

[65...]

Dear Fluter,

Your happiness is showing :)

I am so glad you have the joy of this precious, little one with you . . .

Thank you for the beautiful sunflower painting and the description

I have always found sunflowers to be magnificent

Sending you love and wishes for another playful day

[65...]

http://flowerinfo.org/wp-content/gallery/sweet-williams-flowers/sweet-williams-flowers-1.jpg

Sweet William

When I pick up Sweet Williams

And inhale their spiced perfume,

I see them on the windowsill

Of our tiny old back room.

Their sweet indented petals,

Coloured every shade of pink,

Glowed so bright in that urban gloom

They almost made me blink.

They’d grown on Dad’s allotment –

An expanse of air and sun –

Along with fruits and vegetables

He brought home for my Mum.

Sweet Williams bring it home to me

I’m still the child I used to be.

~Frances King

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2004/04/12/htop/d07b66.jpg

PD,

Glorious poem and paintings.

You have a way of finding art that touches me very deeply, my friend.

It seems, at times, you read my mind because so much of what you post

evokes wonderful memories!

Thank you for bringing this beauty into my life.

PD,

Thank you so much Ins.  I could definitely say the same about you!  You are one of the kindest, most beautiful souls that I know.  :smitten:

PD

[65...]

PD,

Thank you so much Ins.  I could definitely say the same about you!  You are one of the kindest, most beautiful souls that I know.  :smitten:

PD

Dear PD,

You truly are a blessing in my life.

Thank you, my friend.

Love, Ins  :smitten:

"On the girl's brown legs there were many small white scars.

I was thinking,

Do those scars cover the whole of you,

like the stars and the moons on your dress?

I thought that would be pretty too,

and I ask you right here please to agree with me that a scar is never ugly.

That is what the scar makers want us to think.

But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them.

We must see all scars as beauty. Okay?

This will be our secret.

Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying.

A scar means, I survived.” 

― Chris Cleave, Little Bee

(More “Little Bee” Quotes by Chris Cleave may be found here:  http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4126074-the-other-hand)

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/flowers/May%20Baskets/sweetbasket.jpg

Happy May Day, Friends,

"Don't let your wounds define who you are - 

Let your healings create who you become."

- Lily