Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[94...]

I think H. Keller quote showes better what I'm on here:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/dc/21/b2dc2121fbb2aec086483872f9b0b066.jpg

P.S. I absolutely hate when I have a bad day and someone goes: "oh quit that self pity"

;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm twisted on that subject because I want compassion from family, friends while at the same time I want to be this "wild thing". Fighting for survival without thinking. Whenever I start to, I cry: "Why me? Why this?" Hope it clarifies?  :)

THAT'S A BIG 10/4 MR. A.

HOW CAN WE NOT COME OUT STRONGER AFTER THIS JOURNEY?

WE HAVE MADE THE DECISION TO PUT OURSELVES THROUGH ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS THAT MOST OF US WILL EVER DO.

MY FRIEND...THIS TAKES MAJOR INNER STRENGTH. SO, YOU ALREADY HAVE IT; OTHERWISE, YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO WHAT YOU ARE DOING. NONE OF US WOULD.

ISN'T IT NICE...IF YOU DO HAVE A MOMENT OF PITY (I SORTA DON'T LIKE THAT WORD) WEAKNESS, FEELING DOWN...THAT THERE ARE THOSE OF US WHO UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE FEELING, AND WE CAN ALL RALLY TOGETHER FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF COMING OUT WHOLE ON THE OTHER SIDE.

WERE ALL HERE FOR YA...WE WILL MAKE IT!

I OFTEN FIND MY STRENGTH IN MUSIC...SO, HERE YA GO  :thumbsup:

THREE DOORS DOWN

"KRYPTONITE" (HERE'S SOME KRYPTONITE FOR ALL OF US)

KEEPING FAITH, STRENGTH, COURAGE GOING...AND SHOULD YOU TRIP....WERE HERE TO HOLD YOUR HAND AND PICK YA UP :thumbsup:

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND :smitten:

I have a friend in recovery who shared at a meeting once:

"I JUST WANT YOU ALL TO SHOWER ME WITH LOVE AND ATTENTION AND LEAVE ME THE F--- ALONE..." Succunct, and how I sometimes feel...this is a very ticklish topic, but a good one to air...

Basic instinct is often what i feel i run on when things are really TOUGH tough...you learn to approach your beloved dog companion with care when they have been injured, as they will bite in instinctive response...they are not biting YOU. They are biting and attacking the pain and fear...this does not make you any less bitten, but helps to understand the mechanisms by which we react...

I sometimes yield to self-pity, and I find that when I have a pity party, no one comes...i have RSVP'd "No" to invites I have received...

I also think it is hard to distinguish the difference in sharing pain and feeling self-pity...sometimes, the nuance of words is individual in interpretation. I have dug myself many a hole with my well-intended words...

Thank You Fluter for the kind words! Knowing that You guys know how it feels is SUCH A HUGE SUPPORT!!! :smitten:

Oh! I freaking love this song! :)

I have a friend in recovery who shared at a meeting once:

"I JUST WANT YOU ALL TO SHOWER ME WITH LOVE AND ATTENTION AND LEAVE ME THE F--- ALONE..."

That is brutally brilliant and funny Texasstar  :laugh:

Agree 100% about the nuance of words and distingushing sharing pain and being unproductively sorry for oneself...

Well said: ticklish topick!

I think H. Keller quote showes better what I'm on here:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/dc/21/b2dc2121fbb2aec086483872f9b0b066.jpg

HELEN KELLER WAS A BRILLIAN WOMAN!

NOW, THIS IS A QUOTE I CAN RELATE TO :)

P.S. I absolutely hate when I have a bad day and someone goes: "oh quit that self pity"  ;)

MR. A,

AT THIS JUNCTURE OF MY TAPER...IF SOMEONE TOLD ME "OH QUIT THAT SELF PITY" THEY JUST MAY BE PICKING THEMSELVES UP OFF THE FLOOR  >:D

XANAX TAPER HAS MADE FLUTER A VERY IRRITABLE / AGITATED / HOSTILE INDIVIDUAL, AND OF COURSE I MEAN THAT IN THE NICEST WAY  ::)

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND...ME  :)

[94...]

Too many people overvalue what they are not

and undervalue what they are.

- Malcom S. Forbes

http://www.aadstatic.com/uploads/xkrislewis_234234234_large.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SXzLHNu1pv.webp

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

- W. C. Fields

Your problem is you're...too busy holding onto your unworthiness.

- Ram Dass

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their

feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward

themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be

comfortable with others.

- Sidney J. Harris

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

- George Eliot

Good Morning, Ins...

An interesting spread of reflection you have cast this morning...food for thought or indigestion...

I will let you know, but keep the Tums handy...haw!

It is so good to have you back where you belong...at least for us, and i hope for you...

Shall we dance into today...? tex :smitten:

Too many people overvalue what they are not

and undervalue what they are.

- Malcom S. Forbes

INSM,

FOR THE LIFE OF ME...I WILL "NEVER" UNDERSTAND "WHY" WE DO THIS.

WE CAN OFTEN SEE THE GOOD IN EVERYONE ELSE; YET, WE OVERLOOK IT IN OURSELVES.

MAKES NO SENSE!

LOVE YOU MY SISTER FRIEND,

FLUTER  :smitten:

Good Morning, Ins...

An interesting spread of reflection you have cast this morning...food for thought or indigestion...

I will let you know, but keep the Tums handy...haw!

It is so good to have you back where you belong...at least for us, and i hope for you...

Shall we dance into today...? tex :smitten:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVOf6DF3FB-aDhnpW2vmRnhHo1yVuFz7wuMFy2YmxMru7lYBz1

TEX,

I AGREE WITH YOU WHOLE HEARTEDLY!

IF WERE GOING TO DANCE INTO TODAY...WERE ALL GOING TO DANCE TO THIS!

ED SHEERAN

"THINKING OUT LOUD"  :thumbsup: (LOVE+FRIENDSHIP= LIFE'S DANCE)

THOSE OF YOU THAT KNOW ME KNOW "I FLIPPIN LOVE THIS SONG & VIDEO"!

WHAT'S NOT TO "LOVE"!

YEP TEX...WHAT A WAY TO START THIS DAY....

I SAY "WE ALL" DANCE  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP TO ALL,

YOUR FLUTER FRIENDIE  :smitten:

Just passin thru Love & Peace to all and Thanks for sharing ! ~CD

WELL MR. CAN DOSKI :)

WHAT A PLESANT SURPRISE TO SEE YA HERE.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON BUDDIE  :thumbsup:

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU AS WELL.

FLUTER :smitten:

good m

GOOD MORNING TO ALL, OBVIOUSLY INCLUDING THE SEING/HEARING IMPAIRED...

I SAWTHAT PICTURE BEFORE I READ YOUR COMMENT, FLUTER, AND THAT VID IS EXACTLY WHAT CAME TO MIND!!! SCARY...AM I GONNA START SUFFERING FROM VISION DEAFNESS, NOW???

INS, CD, C'MON OUT HERE ON THE DANCE FLOOR..."THINKING OUT LOUD" AIN'T QUITE A LINE DANCE, BUT WE'LL WORK SOMETHIN' OUT...C'MON, PULL THEM BOOTS AND SHOES OFF AND...WAIT FOR IT..."KICK IT!!!"

TODAY IS GONNA GET HOT, BUT FOR NOW IT IS A GLORIOUS, SUNNY DAY...THE WINDOWS ARE OPEN, THE TUNES ARE BLARIN', AND I'M CRUISIN!!! ONE HAND ON THE WHEEL, ONE ON THE VOLUME CONTROL...MY GOSH I'M A TEENAGER AGAIN! DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THE WORDS...DON'T HAVE TO CARRY THE TUNE...JUST HAVE TO LET IT OUT LOUDLY WITH FEELING AND THE HELL WITH THE FOLKS IN THE CAR NEXT TO ME IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENJOY A GOOD SONG!!!!!

FOR RIGHT NOW, FOR THIS MINUTE, I AM ALL I NEED TO BE!

PUT AWAY THE TUMS, INS, I DON'T THINK I'LL NEED THEM!!!

MY GOSH I'M A TEENAGER AGAIN! DON'T HAVE TO KNOW THE WORDS...DON'T HAVE TO CARRY THE TUNE...JUST HAVE TO LET IT OUT LOUDLY WITH FEELING AND THE HELL WITH THE FOLKS IN THE CAR NEXT TO ME IF THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO ENJOY A GOOD SONG!!!!!

FOR RIGHT NOW, FOR THIS MINUTE, I AM ALL I NEED TO BE!

OKAY TEX,

HERE YA GO....ARE YA READY????

ARE YOU SURE????

[move]:smitten:  "A W E S O M E"  :smitten:[/move]

LOVE YA BUDDIE,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  ;D

Yes, let's dance!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/Dont%20walk%20dance_zpsw6rqqqav.jpg

I saw this last night and saved it wondering when I would ever use it!  lol.  Little did I know.

I thought of it as being about all of life but today I am seeing something different in my mind...

Can you just imagine if you were at a crosswalk and this came up?  What if everyone did their own style of dance as they crossed the street together!  Wouldn't is be a hoot to see couple dancing waltzes or tangos and individuals doing line dances and more with everyone hearing their own music and taking time to "play" in the middle of a normal day... just crossing the street. 

Oh, I miss play!

Do you still play? 

Did you ever learn how?  It isn't too late...

Thank you for your fun posts.  It was play to me!  : )

Love to All the Dancers,

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/1sm169dance3_zps6bb67b2d.gif

Lily

She knows how to be in the moment and play...

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/SentDoyourdance_zpse1db9b14.jpg

Play??? Play, you say???

Uhm, you DO know i have an imaginary horse that gives me advice...right...? But you can give him apples...just don't make fun of the fact he has a feed bag at both ends, as he's a little touchy about that...this thread IS my playground, and that's from a guy that thinks maybe he stayed on the merry-go-round a little too long...haw!  tex

Yes, let's dance!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/Dont%20walk%20dance_zpsw6rqqqav.jpg

I saw this last night and saved it wondering when I would ever use it!  lol.  Little did I know.

I thought of it as being about all of life but today I am seeing something different in my mind...

Can you just imagine if you were at a crosswalk and this came up?  What if everyone did their own style of dance as they crossed the street together!  Wouldn't is be a hoot to see couple dancing waltzes or tangos and individuals doing line dances and more with everyone hearing their own music and taking time to "play" in the middle of a normal day... just crossing the street. 

Oh, I miss play!

Do you still play? 

Thank you for your fun posts.  It was play to me!  : )

Love to All the Dancers,

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/1sm169dance3_zps6bb67b2d.gif

Lily

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/BB%20posts/SentDoyourdance_zpse1db9b14.jpg

Hey Lilyagain,

That photo is from this great video of the "Dancing Traffic Light". Fun, isn't it?!

http://news.health.com/2014/09/19/dont-walk-dance-the-best-traffic-light-ever/

Thank you, Tex, for more smiles!  I would like to meet the horse!  Beyond that.. I can't even think of a come back.  Just sending you smiles!

Lapis!  I didn't know that it was from that!  I just saw it somewhere last night on my travels around the net.  That is a great video of a very good idea!  I loved it!

Wouldn't it be fun to watch the dance and then see the person emerge who was doing it.  I bet there would be a few shocks!

Love and Dance on!

Lily

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

- George Eliot

"It's time to start living the life you've imagined."

~ Henry James

So wanting to say "Yes!" to both of these.

Thank you Ins. for all the quotes!

Lily

Oh, I miss play!

Do you still play? 

Love to All the Dancers,

Lily

LILY,

THIS IMAGE IS FANTASTIC!!!!  I LOVE IT.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HAVING A 16MTH OLD TODDLER IN MY HOME.

I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIM, AND TALK ABOUT PLAY...

HOW ABOUT (PEAK*A*BOO) (PAT*A*CAKE) (I'M GONNA GET YOU) (CRAWLING ON THE FLOOR) (GOING OUTSIDE AND PICKING UP A STICK) TODAY, WE FOUND A LADY BUG...HE WANTED TO EAT IT :)

TODAY WE MADE A TENT OUT OF SHEETS...IT WAS SO MUCH FUN, AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS WAY COOL :thumbsup:

YEP, I'VE BEEN DOING THIS AND SO MUCH MORE.

IT HAS BEEN A BLESSING, AND I HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUET OF IT.

EVEN AS ADULTS...PLAY IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT.

THANK YOU LILY FOR SHARING THIS,

YOUR FLUTER FRIEND  :smitten:

Enjoy that toddler, Fluter!    http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z414/Lilyagain/Smileys%20from%20Annie/animated-smileys-babies-088_zpsboxqkufs.gif

And you are very welcome for the photo!

(That isn't Tex on his horse, is it?  Naw, she has pink ribbons in her hair!)

Have a great night of sleep everyone!

Love,

Lily

[94...]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqJkF-gLN8YlqVhtrkL3xGUOX4sEb_Q6dpeo6j-pgK5T0bMStm6Q

HOW DO YOU SPELL  LOVE?  SOME WOULD SAME M O M :smitten:

HEARTWARMING TO SAY THE LEAST!

MOM AND CHILD

"THE UNIQUE CONNECTION"

https://youtu.be/DRoqk_z2Lgg

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP,

FLUTER :smitten:

Very beautiful video, Fluter

Touching

No bond like that of a mother and child

Missing my mom who has been gone a little over two weeks ~  our bond will never be broken

I will always hold her close

LOVE can also be spelled F R I E N D S H I P

Thank you all for the friendship

Beautiful people, all of you

Love, Ins

14583_10152622344446637_1023392137550361542_n.jpg?oh=beb22257ea2fffa3691bc072658e6722&oe=55A69C8D

10409262_10152564705341637_7475558573894846246_n.jpg?oh=119f9f1acaae3c61a9f3bffb73ab79bd&oe=55D511B1

10922807_10152526693711637_5981315458426828983_n.jpg?oh=f6cecb190d3ea057cd9ed341574b8899&oe=55A6C4FE

Thinking of you, Ins and all my lovely friends here!

Much love!

:smitten:            :smitten:            :smitten: