Water Titration w/Vodka.

[dp...]

I would mix 5mg V tablet, 10ml vodka, and 40ml  water.  You then have 5ml of solution, .1mg per ml.  Store in a sealed container, at room temp, protected from light.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [...]

• [pe...]

• [Po...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I would mix 5mg V tablet, 10ml vodka, and 40ml  water.  You then have 5ml of solution, .1mg per ml.  Store in a sealed container, at room temp, protected from light.

thanks Build, how about the tapering, so I can take 10ml  from the solution and mix 90ml water to make 100ml solution to taper everyday.  I'm doing daily MT. please correct me if I'm wrong. thanks again. mcm

You can do:  5mg V + 10ml vodka + 40 ml water = 50ml, .1mg=1ml

or you can do:  5mg V + 10ml vodka + 490ml water = 500ml, .01mg=1ml

I always made .1mg=1ml solution, I was able to taper in decrements of .001mg, using a 1ml syringe.

If doing .01mg=1ml makes is simpler for you, then that's OK.

I always made .1mg=1ml solution, I was able to taper in decrements of .001mg, using a 1ml syringe.

Buid, sorry if I dont get it, my benzo brain is a little bit lost today, i get used to the 100ml solution, I'm doing daily reduction method that's why its a bit new to me, especially maths I'm not good at numbers.  thanks.

, i get used to the 100ml solution, I'm doing daily reduction method 

then do this:

5mg V + 10ml vodka + 490ml water = 500ml, .01mg=1ml

[e4...]

I'm not good with maths.

I still can't get over the fact you can dissolve valium to achieve tiny micro cuts using vodka diluted with water, I'm impressed, it negates the need for a fridge, but then again, as a valium taperer, I would only dose once a day so no worries about taking jars of milk out of the house with me.

I'm not good with maths.

I still can't get over the fact you can dissolve valium to achieve tiny micro cuts using vodka diluted with water, I'm impressed, it negates the need for a fridge, but then again, as a valium taperer, I would only dose once a day so no worries about taking jars of milk out of the house with me.

So what concerns you?

1)  V half-life is usually quoted as 40-100 hrs, so once a day dosing shouldn't be problem.  If you're really concerned, or if you develop any interdose sxs, just take 2 doses.

2)  It's a verifiable fact of physical chemistry that V is highly alcohol soluble.

3) V , alcohol, and water are all non-perishable.  None of them require refrigeration.

[e4...]

I'm not good with maths.

So what concerns you?

1)  V half-life is usually quoted as 40-100 hrs, so once a day dosing shouldn't be problem.  If you're really concerned, or if you develop any interdose sxs, just take 2 doses.

2)  It's a verifiable fact of physical chemistry that V is highly alcohol soluble.

3) V , alcohol, and water are all non-perishable.  None of them require refrigeration.

Hi Builder

I'm not concerned, I just had no knowledge of vodka and valium tapers, so I am learning all the time.

I never heard it metioned on BenzoDetoxRecovery, where I learnt the milk taper, but vodka sounds much handier. We get I think it's 40% smirnoff type stuff in the uk. Is that stuff ok to use?

You're a brit if I remember rightly, if I am wrong, pls tell me your nationality and i will say sorry.

I ask cos things are so different in us and uk, even though we are all descended from europeans or most, should I say. We have different words, different spellings, different meds, different measurements, and difffernt alsorts

I'm not good with maths.

So what concerns you?

Hi Builder

I'm not concerned, I just had no knowledge of vodka and valium tapers, so I am learning all the time.

I never heard it metioned on BenzoDetoxRecovery, where I learnt the milk taper, but vodka sounds much handier. We get I think it's 40% smirnoff type stuff in the uk.

BDR is where I first learned about vodka/alcohol taper. 

[e4...]

I never knew about that. I must admit though, when my taper started going well, I didn't read all the BDR posts.

Was it Jana that showed you how to do vodka titration.

I am considering tapering with vodka, more handy than milk, no fridges involved.

You can even buy a miniature bottle in England about 50ml, to store your dose in if you want to go out.

I never knew about that. I must admit though, when my taper started going well, I didn't read all the BDR posts.

I am considering tapering with vodka, more handy than milk, no fridges involved.

You can even buy a miniature bottle in England about 50ml, to store your dose in if you want to go out.

Yes, I exchanged several posts with Jana on the BDR site, and also talked with her by phone several times.

[e4...]

Yes, I exchanged several posts with Jana on the BDR site, and also talked with her by phone several times.

I'm still in touch with Jana.

Sometimes it's hard for her to get online.

[e4...]

Hi Buillder

Research chems are getting banned in uk on 26th of April so there is a time constraint as I am waiting for a consignment of valium, doc or drug agency keep bouncing me between them and this was making me more ill - aggrevating my mental illness.

Anway, to give myself a safe legal supply of benozs, I have decided to buy 2500 flubromazepam as they are legal and then I will know that Id have enough benzo to get off safely using daily cuts.

Can flubrumazepam dissolve in vodka the same as diazepam?

Can flubromazepam be diluted with the vodka to acheive the tiny cuts a daily titration can require?

Here's some info on it if you wanna know more.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Flubromazepam

Time's closing in

My diaz supply is running low. Constant worry about diaz supply is a source of stress, whereas a supply of legal flubromazepam would ease my mind and make for a better taper, ie removing external stress.

Would vodka dissolve flubromaepam, does it dissolve every benzo?

Can flubromazepam be diluted with water in the same way as diaz?

I need to know to beat this ban, cos im tempted to just buy the lot.

thanks for your answeer in advance you have been really helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Roxane's oral liquid  Diazepam Intensol-this is a 19% alcohol product.

Store Diazepam Intensol concentrate at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Diazepam Intensol concentrate out of the reach of children and away from pets.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/diazepam-intensol-concentrate.html

Perhaps your ambulance data refers to IM injectable liquid V.  It seems more likely that's the product that would be carried in an ambulance.

Hi Builder,

Nothing like a late reply. :-[

Here's one for lorazepam. I have seen similar instructions for diazepam, but don't have them handy. I'd better go look them up; you might be right about the information pertaining to injectable solutions and not oral solutions.

Lorazepam Intensol™ Oral Concentrate USP

2 mg per mL

Rx only

NDC 0054-3532-44: Bottles of 30 mL with calibrated dropper (graduations of 0.25 mL [0.5 mg], 0.5 mL [1 mg], 0.75 mL 1.5 [mg] and 1 mL [2 mg] on the dropper).

PROTECT FROM LIGHT

Store at Cold Temperature–Refrigerate 2°-8°C (36°-46°F)

Dispense only in the bottle and only with

the calibrated dropper provided.

Discard opened bottle after 90 days.

This is the from the prescribing information as presented on drugs.com. Bah, humbug! The way I look at it, why would you not refrigerate it? The usual reason for medicines in solution is if you're dealing with a concentrated solution, lowering the temperature could cause precipitation. Then you could just warm it back up and make the solution less concentrated.

Aweigh

Is Intensol alcohol?

Is Intensol alcohol?

Roxane Diazepam Intensol liquid is 19% alcohol.

But before you get too upset about that, think about this:

Intensol is a concentrate, 5mgV per 1ml liquid, or 1mgV=.2ml liquid.

Now that liquid is 19% alcohol, so 1mg of liquid V contains .2X.19, or .038ml alcohol.  Do you realize how tiny .038ml is?

BTW, Roxane Diazepam Oral Solution does not contain alcohol.

Im on ativsn

The ativan (lorazepam) Intensol is a propylene glycol/polyethylene product.  It does not contain alcohol.

[e4...]

Is it best in a drawer, cupboard, or box within a cupboard even?

Can you still use a 1ml marked syringe??

I'm not tapering yet, cos I have just changed brands and the brand I am on is much stronger, so I have dropped my dose from 75mg to 50mg, the person supplying me advised this, so it must be strong, otherwise the supplier wouldn't basically be asking me to spend less money on it at his shop.

I went to 40mg on Saturday, but this wasn't comfy enough, so I went upto 45mg, a little better, upto 50mg, a little better but still not stable enough a place to taper from, so will inch up in 1mg increments so I can get to a good taper starting point.

I have to wait the full max symptom emergence lag time, 21 days to ensure I dont go further into withdrawal from the 75mg crescents daily.

What is worrying me is that my first liquid dose will be something like 9.9mg, and as it takes at least 2mg vodka 37% volume to dissolve 1mg diazepam, I would be forced to drink 19mg vodka a day and I don't even like the stuff, it makes me depressed.

At least 2mg vodka 37% volume is needed, so maybe I maybe forced to drink more than 20ml, thats a shot.

How to get around that?

Any other solvent I can use?

Ive got milk option but cant be arsed with refridgeration.

BTW Im from UK, so we dont have walmart etc, and things are very diffferent here, from shops to docs.

I only have 10mg pills, otherwise it would be easier

Hope I dont have to stick to milk, its a bit of a pain even if I only dose once daily, but all my dose is dry right now.

thank

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain exactly how this is done?

Put the pill with 1ml vodka over the top, let dissolve and then add the other 99ml of h20?

or...

sorry benzo brain. lol

• 1 month later...

Not sure I'm suppose to hit the 'reply' button...didn't see a 'post' button.

This is to 'builder' or anyone who is somewhat knowledgeable on all this.

This site is a life saver.  I'm new to the site and desperately want to do this right.  Ok, tried to go from a bunch of stuff ...klonopin, valium (for years...random use... a day to 4 days off sometimes) and with back issue, pain killers and muscle relaxants (only on 2 week stints every 6 months) ...OH, and prescription sleeping pills -or 1/2 of one - on occasion (zopiclone). Yikes right? So now I want to go to just valium. My one 2.5mg valium a night didn't work... far too many symptoms and I need to keep my job. So I've read around the site and am ready....soon, when school starts...I'm a teacher... to do it the long haul correct way.

First, I want to take ONLY one thing for a long time to come... damn my back...I'll try to get by on Aleve and Tylenol...haven't taken a muscle relaxant or pain killer in 6 weeks so the valium seems (I hope) to keep me steady.

So valium is my ONLY pill now. (by the way can valium replace the zopiclone (sleeping pill)...I take 1/2 every few nights...seems ok without it? Is it safe to just use the valium. I seem ok. Hope I'm not jinxing myself.

So I want to titrate 10mg tabs (or those cut in half...which is not precise so I'll see). It's all I have for months... 10mg tabs.

Why not use chemical free plastic jars (8oz)? I read that I shouldn't?

Will the vodka/everclear truly allow me to make a weeks worth of solutions?

I have several 100ml cylinders (with stoppers if needed). I thought I'd extract 5ml every two weeks for a 5% reduction each time...good?

Now, should I add more than 1ml alcohol per crushing in mortar/pestal fashion? How much more ...to preserve for a week NON-refrigerated...correct? 5ml of alcohol per 100ml cylinder mix? Or?

Any other advice you have would be great...you're saving my life here... though I know I have a 'road' ahead.

Thank you so, so much. I'm new to all this and need the advice

Michael

• 2 months later...

Hello crunchy,

If you follow the links at the end of my signature, they'll take you to the method that I have used successfully for tapering from Ativan, using Everclear. I'm not at zero by any means, but at one point I took 9 mg of Ativan a day and I now take 4. I've just restarted my taper, which is why I'm back on this board. My method may look intimidating, but the math and science involved is not advanced and the method can be simplified and adapted to different situations.

At any rate, you should find some useful information there regarding how to dissolve tablets, how to handle and store the resulting solution, how to use a pipette, etc., even if you don't choose to employ this method. I would advise 75% ethanol (Everclear) rather than vodka, unless you're vodka is 151 proof. It's available in almost every state, and by mail through Amazon.

You can do this,

Aweigh

• 1 month later...

hi weigh i cant get everlcear in uk. Vodka doesnt dissolve the tablet without a little water first ..im thinking of going rx but its a risk due to it just being different.