Water Titration w/Vodka.

[dp...]

Hi buddies. So today was a big day because I took my little jar to work and drank it. Full 1 mg dose. I didnt have many problems (if any) adjusting to liquid v (pharm grade but that doc dropped me when I didn't start the taper fast enough) the first time, so because I  am stable I'm going to do my first cut tomorrow. One problem I'm noticing though is little tiny clear granules sticking to the sides and bottom of my jar. I'll show you a pic of the jar when I have time but basivally it doesn't have completely smooth glass surfaces. The sides have a textural pattern and bottom is slightly rounded up. I've agitated it around and rinsed a couple times (and drank) but still a little bit is sticking. Any advice? New jars? Much appreciated!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [...]

• [pe...]

• [Po...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 171 proof alcohol and it doesnt seem to dissolve the tablets?

...but it dissolves the Valium!  The insoluble residue you see is just binders and fillers.

I'm going to post in this thread because I forgot it existed and originally only posted in the other Valium daily taper thread: my originally question was,

Do people refrigerate their bottles of vodka? To which builder responded that it should be kept at room temp in a sealed container. I take it that the bottle itself qualifies? Or do people store vodka in other ways?

Thank you kindly.

I store my vodka and benzo mixture at room temperature.

Hello builder,

There are stability studies, which I have posted somewhere on this site, mostly done on the solutions of benzos that are kept in ambulances, some refrigerated, some not. These are the commercial pharmaceutical solutions. Some use alcohol alone as the solvent. The results of several studies agree that there is significantly less decomposition at 4°C (typical refrigerator) than at 23°C (typical room temperature). The other significant variable is time. From memory, several days to a week stable at room temperature, 30 to 60 days refrigerated. They probably have a rigorous definition of stability.

Aweigh

Stay strong!

sharkey

Roxane's oral liquid  Diazepam Intensol-this is a 19% alcohol product.

Store Diazepam Intensol concentrate at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Diazepam Intensol concentrate out of the reach of children and away from pets.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/diazepam-intensol-concentrate.html

Perhaps your ambulance data refers to IM injectable liquid V.  It seems more likely that's the product that would be carried in an ambulance.

builder aweigh doesn't seem to think water added keeps it in solution?

Also aweight thinks it should be kept in fridge. Does the ativan need to be kept in fridge?

I'm on ativan 1.75mg...

So if i was too use 2mg of ativan dissolved in 2ml of vodka topped up with 98ml of water then 1ml would be 0.02mg of ativan.

I would discard 12.5 ml of solution to get to 1.75mg before i begin. The syringes and measurements need to be so accurate for this.

Should i use a pippette or syringe?

Also would it be better to measure with a 10ml syringe or a 100ml volumetric flask ?

builder aweigh doesn't seem to think water added keeps it in solution?

Also aweight thinks it should be kept in fridge. Does the ativan need to be kept in fridge?

I'm on ativan 1.75mg...

So if i was too use 2mg of ativan dissolved in 2ml of vodka topped up with 98ml of water then 1ml would be 0.02mg of ativan.

I would discard 12.5 ml of solution to get to 1.75mg before i begin. The syringes and measurements need to be so accurate for this.

Should i use a pippette or syringe?

Also would it be better to measure with a 10ml syringe or a 100ml volumetric flask ?

1) One of the great advantages of using dilute liquid is that measurements do NOT have to be really accurate. Using your data, (1mg=1ml, diluted 98:2) even a .1ml measurement error (and that would be an improbably large error) would only be .02 mg of ativan.  You can easily measure liquid  fairly consistently to .01-.02 ml accuracy with inexpensive syringes.  And you could easily cut your error risk in half just by diluting 99:1 instead of 98:2. And yes, the med will stay in solution in the dilute mixture.  BTW, I have often posted "Consistency is more important than accuracy".  Any measurement errors will tend to be random, and therefore self-cancelling.

2)  I never discarded any of my liquid benzo.  I mixed (diluted) a batch sufficient to last 10-14 days, and simply drew out the desired amount each day.  And I stored all my liquid at room temp, per the manufacturer's instructions.

3) While I used a graduated cylinder to measure out liquid to make my batches, I used 1ml and 10 ml syringes to measure my daily doses.  Syringes will be easier and more precise than flasks and cylinders.  IMO, you definitely do not need a pipette.

No, I was using pharma-grade lqiuid, but the procedure is the same.  My liquid was 1mg=1ml, just like the "home-brew" you are planning.

Are you using vodka?

then adding water when needed.?

When doing a vodka titration (or any liquid titration) , you don't add water "as needed".  You choose a concentration/dilution ratio that suits you (most folks do either 10% or 1% solutions because it simplifies calculation) and use that ratio to prepare your titration liquid.

It will dissolve very quickly...not more than a minute or 2 needed.

It should be stored at room t.emp in a sealed container

Does the vodka/water dose have to be stored in a glass container or is it alright to use one of the small plastic ones with a screw-on lid?

I am dissolving 1MG Lorazepam in 3ml of vodka, then adding 97ml of water and dividing into 4 doses.  I am also taking .75MG dry at each dose.

Right now I am just holding, but plan on removing 1ml a day and holding if necessary.  Should take 100 days or more.

Popcornlady

Does the vodka/water dose have to be stored in a glass container or is it alright to use one of the small plastic ones with a screw-on lid?

I am dissolving 1MG Lorazepam in 3ml of vodka, then adding 97ml of water and dividing into 4 doses.  I am also taking .75MG dry at each dose.

Right now I am just holding, but plan on removing 1ml a day and holding if necessary.  Should take 100 days or more.

Popcornlady

Well, your mix is almost 99% water, so it really doesn't matter much  what you store it in.

Popcornlady

Well, your mix is almost 99% water, so it really doesn't matter much  what you store it in.

builder,

Am I doing something wrong that you were so short with me.  I just want to do it the right way.  Thank you.

Popcornlady

builder,

Am I doing something wrong that you were so short with me.  I just want to do it the right way.  Thank you.

I certainly didn't mean to be "so short". 

You asked a simple question that had a short simple answer.

Personally, I would choose glass jars with gasketed screw tops.  But as I said, your med will be highly diluted, almost pure water.  I really don't know exactly what kind of container you are planning to use, but pretty much anything that would be suitable for water should be just fine, as long as it makes a good seal.

Popcornlady

builder,

Personally, I would choose glass jars with gasketed screw tops.  But as I said, your med will be highly diluted, almost pure water.  I really don't know exactly what kind of container you are planning to use, but pretty much anything that would be suitable for water should be just fine, as long as it makes a good seal.

Sorry builder, I forgot that many buddies use different strengths for various methods.  I guess I am just nervous getting started and therefore a little bit questioning if I was doing it right.

Many BBs use a diluted solution with 1mg=100ml.  It makes for very very simple calculations and makes precise, minute dosing easier.

Nothing wrong with 1mg=100ml. 

Many BBs use a diluted solution with 1mg=100ml.  It makes for very very simple calculations and makes precise, minute dosing easier.

Nothing wrong with 1mg=100ml. 

Thank you.  I dry cut last time and cut way too fast.  By the time I was down to .75 to water titrate I hit a wall, crashed and had to reinstate.  Don't want to do that again.    Thus my hesitation now.

Popcornlady

builder,

Popcorn, builder's not being "short" with you. He's concise. And kind. And wise. And awesome.

The first response he ever gave me was to a looooong post I'd made, paragraphs and paragraphs. He highlighted one sentence, and replied this way: "Yes."

He doesn't mince words or "cuddle." I love that about him! You can trust him!

Snow

Popcornlady

builder,

Popcorn, builder's not being "short" with you. He's concise. And kind. And wise. And awesome.

The first response he ever gave me was to a looooong post I'd made, paragraphs and paragraphs. He highlighted one sentence, and replied this way: "Yes."

Snow

Mmm..."concise"!  Yeah, that's it.

:) :)

Popcornlady

builder,

Snow

Mmm..."concise"!  Yeah, that's it.

:) :)

Y'know, now that I think about it, builder, your response was actually uncharacteristically WORDY! I mean, usually, it's just one of these:  :thumbsup:

We should start a new thread: "Who can get builder to write several paragraphs?" That one would get some TRAFFIC, methinks!

Love,

Snow