Water Titration w/Vodka.

[dp...]

Roxane's oral liquid  Diazepam Intensol-this is a 19% alcohol product.

Store Diazepam Intensol concentrate at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Diazepam Intensol concentrate out of the reach of children and away from pets.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/diazepam-intensol-concentrate.html

Perhaps your ambulance data refers to IM injectable liquid V.  It seems more likely that's the product that would be carried in an ambulance.

Hi Builder,

Nothing like a late reply. :-[

Here's one for lorazepam. I have seen similar instructions for diazepam, but don't have them handy. I'd better go look them up; you might be right about the information pertaining to injectable solutions and not oral solutions.

Lorazepam Intensol™ Oral Concentrate USP

2 mg per mL

Rx only

NDC 0054-3532-44: Bottles of 30 mL with calibrated dropper (graduations of 0.25 mL [0.5 mg], 0.5 mL [1 mg], 0.75 mL 1.5 [mg] and 1 mL [2 mg] on the dropper).

PROTECT FROM LIGHT

Store at Cold Temperature–Refrigerate 2°-8°C (36°-46°F)

Dispense only in the bottle and only with

the calibrated dropper provided.

Discard opened bottle after 90 days.

This is the from the prescribing information as presented on drugs.com. Bah, humbug! The way I look at it, why would you not refrigerate it? The usual reason for medicines in solution is if you're dealing with a concentrated solution, lowering the temperature could cause precipitation. Then you could just warm it back up and make the solution less concentrated.

Aweigh

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bu...]

• [...]

• [pe...]

• [Po...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't started on my titration yet as i'm some what overwhelmed by the information and what to do.

I take 1.75mg lorazepam daily ...i divide this into 4 doses...plus im on 2.5 mg of valium the doctor pulled the plug on my crossover.

I use 1mg tablets.

I want to reduce daily.

How much vodka should i use per 1mg tablet?

Aweigh you think it should be refrigerated?

Does my bottle of vodka need to be kept in fridge?

• 3 months later...

I'm having a hard time understanding the amount of daily doses I take after dissolving the tablet and then adding the extra vodka.

I take 2 MG Xanax four times daily. I have know idea how to do a vodka taper at that dose. Or how to figure out the amount of MGs I want to achieve. I was cutting down pills at a rate of .5MG monthly and after three months I went into withdrawal. I was leveling off and I went to a new doctor and he cut me down 1 MG daily from 8 MG to 7 MG and now I'm back in withdrawal.

I'm having a hard time understanding the amount of daily doses I take after dissolving the tablet and then adding the extra vodka.

I take 2 MG Xanax four times daily. I have know idea how to do a vodka taper at that dose. Or how to figure out the amount of MGs I want to achieve. I was cutting down pills at a rate of .5MG monthly and after three months I went into withdrawal. I was leveling off and I went to a new doctor and he cut me down 1 MG daily from 8 MG to 7 MG and now I'm back in withdrawal.

If you dissolve a 2mg pill in 4ml of vodka then add 196ml of water you will have a 200ml solution and each 1ml would represent .01mg.  You could start by reducing by .5ml/.005mg a day.  Then adjust the rate based on how you feel after a few weeks

Stay strong!

sharkey

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to suggest y'all consider using 151 proof Everclear instead of Vodka, unless you can find Vodka at over 140 proof. I haven't checked the other benzos (they are all soluble in alcohol except Klonopin), but Ativan's maximum solubility in alcohol is at 160 proof. That means you have to use more vodka than Everclear, which means you are dealing with larger volumes of more dilute solutions with more water in them. Water accelerates the decomposition of benzos.

So, for all those reasons you might consider trying Everclear. You might find you get better results. Use the 151, not the 200 proof. It certainly works well for me

Aweigh

I have 176 proof vodka is that ok

SG

Can you help me get started. I want to cross over to liquid to ge toff this stuff...

i take 0.5 6am and 12pm

and 0.35 pm and 12pm

I was thinking of switching slowly... one dose at a time maybe get the 6am and 12pm down to .7 first and still dry cut the other.

Should i buy a micropippette i want to do daily reductions mabe of 0.004.

ALso why is when i through a tablet in vodka it doesnt dissolve ?

Do i need to need to crush it in the vodka?

SG

Can you help me get started. I want to cross over to liquid to ge toff this stuff...

i take 0.5 6am and 12pm

and 0.35 pm and 12pm

I was thinking of switching slowly... one dose at a time maybe get the 6am and 12pm down to .7 first and still dry cut the other.

Should i buy a micropippette i want to do daily reductions mabe of 0.004.

ALso why is when i through a tablet in vodka it doesnt dissolve ?

Do i need to need to crush it in the vodka?

You don't need to buy a micropipette and you don't need to use much liquid, so no need to switch slowly.  Just liquify one .5mg pill at a time and break the other three into quarters and dose...

.375mg dry+.05mg wet

If you put a .5mg pill into 50ml liquid you can use a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.  Your .004mg cut will be .4ml.

If your tablet is not breaking up you need to crush it, yes.

So no cylinder and also i don't have 0.5 tablets and the 1mgs aren't scored.

Crush it how petal mortar or in the jar whilst its in the vodka?

Ok i just did that and seems a lot of sediment or pill left seems if the whole pill is still there...

Your 1mg tablet is probably less than 1% lorazepam, and the other 99+% is fillers, binders, colorants, and other inactive ingredients, most of which are insoluble. 

The med is dissolved.  The remaining particles you see are inactive ingredients, and won't make any difference.

So no cylinder and also i don't have 0.5 tablets and the 1mgs aren't scored.

Crush it how petal mortar or in the jar whilst its in the vodka?

Ok i just did that and seems a lot of sediment or pill left seems if the whole pill is still there...

If you don't have .5mg put 1mg into 100ml and use 4ml vodka.  You can dose this way for all four doses...

.25mg dry+.175mg (10.75ml) wet

sorry to be a pain .

But i'm using 173 proof vodka so why so much as 2mls per mg?

Also how im i crushing these tablets?

Howim i measuring 100ml?

Lastly i want to reduce by.004 a day some say less so should i discard the liquid or pull what i need seems litle room for error?!

My initial transfer would be one dose at a time as last year i transferred to liquid all in one go and it was hell.

Sine you only have 1mg A pills I would liquify one of those at a time.  No need to liquify both.

You can do whichever is most comfortable for you.  Certainly pulling only what you need is less wasteful.  It is likely that you can cut .004mg a day, but it might be wise to begin at .0025mg just to get off on the right foot, then move up carefully from there.

I forgot that your vodka was 173 proof, sorry.  2mls will do it.  Most people use 80 proof which does not dissolve as much.  Once the pill is dissolved combine it with 98ml water to get 100ml total.

If the tablet is not completely breaking down into six million tiny pieces you need to crush it.  Most brands seem to have no problem, but if yours is not cooperating you need to crush it.

As for measuring, bare bones equipment needed is a 1ml and a 1ml syringe.  A 100ml cylinder or a 50ml syringe may also be helpful.

so i mg with 1ml of 173 proof vodka...100ml plastic cylinder ...

what to crush  the tablet with and should it be crushed in the jar before or during dissolving in vodka - just need to be clear on all this?

Also should i split the 2.5 mg valium i have to twice a day rather than just evening ...i have brutal depression and array of other symptoms.

Where did the V come from?  I thought you said you were on 1.7mg Ativan.  What is your total benzo dose.  Kind of important for anyone helping you to know.  Yes, split the V into two doses.

The pill needs to completely disintegrate in the alcohol so it can dissolve.

hi sg

I started a cross over from lorazepam and my GP put a stop to it and i had replaced part of my dose in the evening with 2.5 mg of valium ..i will update my signature.

I a currently on

6am 0.5 ativan

12pm 0.5 ativan

6pm 0.5 ativan

12-m 2.5 valium with .2 ativan

I'm also on 2mg lexapro in the evening as well

My symtoms are photo-sentivity on the face which and photophobia ...im totally intolerant to light and cannot use my computer either ...

Neuropathic pain in the face and nerve and severe gum recession from the drugs....clenching and tmk problems and cracked teeth from this as well as a dislocated jaw and occlussional problems were i cannot eat without a splint. Weight loss of about 50 kilos from the adrenaline and coritisol surges i get in the morning... when i even take a tablet these increase some what which is weird. I haven't been able to leave my flat for 4 months and sit in the dark mostly...

You could rearrange your doses like this...

6am - .25mg A dry+.175mg A wet

Noon - .25mg A dry+.175mg A wet+1.25mg V

6pm - .25mg A dry+.175mg A wet

Midnight - .25mg A dry+.175mg A wet+1.25mg V

Daily total - 1.7mg A+2.5mg V

• 6 months later...
[1d...]

and don't use plastic jars for storage and doses. glass only.

Sorry this is an old thread, but why glass only?

Here's what I do, but others may have different methods. (Note - I split my 2mg tablets in half, and make sure I keep the other half separate so I use it for the next batch I make up.)

I put 1mg valium tablet into the glass jar that I'm making my batch in. I add 1ml of vodka.

The tablet breaks down very quickly (seconds) and then I swish the liquid around for maybe another 10-15 seconds, just to make sure the valium is dissolved properly. The alcohol will dissolve the valium, thus making a solution, as opposed to a "suspension" (which is what whole milk and straight water will create with tablets).

Then I add 99ml of water to make up a 100ml solution.

The details of how I then proceed with measuring my doses can be seen in the link I have in my signature below.

A few things to note, which have been discussed previously on BB....

(a) Don't store the valium/vodka/water solution in the fridge as there is some concern that the cold could cause the valium and vodka to separate

(b) If you have concerns about summer time temperatures, an option would be to measure out a few days of doses from your main mixture and then store in the fridge. If the valium and vodka do separate, the right dose of valium will still be within the dose.

© When storing in the cupboard, also protect from light as much as possible, as that can also affect the valium.

(d) It's been confirmed on the valium support thread that 1ml of 80 proof (40%) vodka is enough to dissolve approx 16mg of valium.

I'm on klonopin and thinking of doing vodka/water titration too. Have been getting some help from some bb, these were some of my questions,  will the solution evaporate?, separate, etc. Don't know if K dissolves as well as V but your post helps. Should I get brown or amber bottle to protect if possible too?

Someone on here said vodka won't work with Klonopin, other people have said it will, any knowledge of this? Thanks

and don't use plastic jars for storage and doses. glass only.

Sorry this is an old thread, but why glass only?

There have been journal reports of V losing potency in storage bags and tubes made of polyvinly chloride (PVC) for IV administration .  No other plastics have ever been shown to interact with benzo liquids. 

The manufacturer of Rx liquid benzos (Roxane) distributes its products in plastc containers.

[1d...]

There have been journal reports of V losing potency in storage bags and tubes made of polyvinly chloride (PVC) for IV administration .  No other plastics have ever been shown to interact with benzo liquids. 

The manufacturer of Rx liquid benzos (Roxane) distributes its products in plastc containers.

Hi Builder

I might get glass jars to store my pregabalin liquid in, because I never thought that the pregabalin would iinteract with the plastic.

I know we are talking about a different drug, but I am tapering that too.

I'm using old white plastic chewing gum jars, because pregabalin doesn't like light, and the glass jars I use for my valium are clear.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Builder, i just found this forum, I want to ask how to make a solution using vodka and diazepam pill.  I'm currently on 1.5mg Diaz, using liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution for daily tapering but that's not available in my pharmacy all the time.  I dont know how my body react to vodka coz i have ulcer and never drink alcohol, but I  want to give it a try if I'm running out of pill.  how much vodka will I mix to 1mg pill and how much water to add, can i make batch and how? milk for me is NO.  thanks in advance, Mcm