Morning Anxiety Support Blog

[Ma...]

Thanks, Pam and Theresa. Yes, Pam, I was a chef very long ago. That's how I became a drinker. I started working in restaurants at 13 first in San Francisco and then here in Berkeley. But I don't tell people about that part of my life, because they'll say: "dude, why don't you still do that?" I'd have to say that I don't like the all-day-and-night-in-a-restaurant-kitchen environment. It's much better to cook at home, then you don't lose the love for it. Great to hear from you. I'm feeling really good today. What a relief.

Thanks for checking in with me.

Matteo  :smitten:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Pa...]

• [so...]

• [bo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[11...]

JB, Mamma mia!

Tu sei una ragazza Italiana, allora! Che brava! Mi piace molto tutte le cose Italiane! Posso parlare un po d'Italiano, ma non molto, e certo, non e tutto giusto. Sono andato li due volte; cinque e venti anni fa.

I love italian food! I cooked it professionally for some years. I love hearing about your grandmother! As I often tell people: "Nessuno puo cucinare come le nonne Italiane" (no one can cook like the Italian grandmothers). I learned to cook originally from a chef who learned much from his nonna. We used to make pasta sheets for ravioli, agnolotti, tortellini, etc. by hand with a six foot long wooden dowel on a big table. Have you ever seen/done that?

Ci parliamo, ciao

Matteo  :)

Matteo...you are too sweet and funny. Actually, it is my mother's cooking I was referring to. I learned how to cook by watching her...no recipes...a dash of this and a dash of that and then add lib as needed. Wait until I make my hub's fav...Italian style pork chops w/potatoes, hot banana peppers, onions & garlic....too bad I don't eat pork b/c that is one good meal ;)

JB :smitten:

Hi JB! Well, the grandmothers are mothers, too, so I guess Italian mothers in general. Ooh the pork chops sound too good . . . . YUMMERS.

Matteo  :thumbsup:

hi matteo nice to meet you im caral from carvic yes anxiety sure is worse in the morning its a beast at the best of times just sit down and if you want to cry then cry i know they say men dont cry i think that is nonsense and you should it gets all the yuck out of your system and have smething sweet also helps hope to get know all you new folks on the forum soon ive been off awhile due to my hubbys illness have some catching up to do take care and hope to chat again to you much love caral  :)    :smitten: 

Thanks so much Caral for your great message. Nice to meet you! I'm having a really tough time, but my BBs (like you) are helping me through. I was trying a "SAD" blue light box for the last two weeks and it may have been a good thing for my morning problems, but it's hard to be sure what's doing what for what right now. Even with the light, dreams, nightmares, and early morning depression/anxiety have been kicking my ass big time. I haven't cried that much lately, but I'm all for crying. For me it's a good way to get it all out. And it's better than barfing. Take care, we'll talk soon, I hope.

Matteo  :thumbsup:

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I usually wake up feeling the anxiety, it's such a weird feeling cause I'm totally calm whenever I'm sleeping. I don't get anxious during the day or anything like that it only happens when I wake is when I feel it. I know it's anxiety that I'm feeling cause I feel really weird. And I slept through out the night tonight with no problems and didn't wake up once. I normally am not an overally anxious person either. I just took Klonopin to help with my PTSD and it helped but after awhile I didn't like the side effects so I had to stop taking it. Will this eventually go away?

This thread has helped me too..

The anxiety is horrible. Usually in the mornings and then it literally can just lift within a ten minute window. Throat constriction and sore eyes. I KNOW it's anxiety but the thoughts that just tumble around in my head are awful.. Is it my BP .. Am I going to have a stroke, what if , what if... You know how it goes...! I try so hard. Yoga , stretching , relaxing , meditation etc .. But the intrusive thoughts have a way of creeping round the edges. It's so tiring... I try ignoring it .. Doesn't help. I try just going with it ...doesn't help , gets too intense.

I know what's going on and I hate it. Guess I'm just looking for some affirmation and reassurance that this is all part of withdrawal !

This thread has helped me too..

The anxiety is horrible. Usually in the mornings and then it literally can just lift within a ten minute window. Throat constriction and sore eyes. I KNOW it's anxiety but the thoughts that just tumble around in my head are awful.. Is it my BP .. Am I going to have a stroke, what if , what if... You know how it goes...! I try so hard. Yoga , stretching , relaxing , meditation etc .. But the intrusive thoughts have a way of creeping round the edges. It's so tiring... I try ignoring it .. Doesn't help. I try just going with it ...doesn't help , gets too intense.

I know what's going on and I hate it. Guess I'm just looking for some affirmation and reassurance that this is all part of withdrawal !

Hello bozobertie!  :smitten:

Please know that you aren't alone in your journey! I too have suffered that heightened morning anxiety and it is yucky! Be assured that of is all part of withdrawal and recovery.

Stay strong! :hugs:

Thanks for replying blessed41.

Sometimes it does help just to know others are experiencing the same.

I am just finding the last mg of this really really difficult and the side effects seem so heightened.

Xx

The morning anxiety is, in my opinion, DEFINITELY WITHDRAWAL. I have had it for over an entire year.  It started when my dose got down to about 0.5 last summer.  IT IS FINALLY, FINALLY, LIFTING!!! For the last two weeks or so, I have been waking up pretty peacefully, and I am able to lie in bed and enjoy the feeling of my memory foam mattress, my luxurious sheets, and my down comforter.  (Can you tell I like my bed?) It is such a pleasure now.  The morning anxiety was the second-to-last symptom to go.  I still have tinnitus, but there are times that it gets quieter. So, I fully expect it to go away at some point.  It was my first symptom when I started tolerance back in the beginning of 2013.  It will all go away.  Have faith and hang in there!

The morning anxiety is, in my opinion, DEFINITELY WITHDRAWAL. I have had it for over an entire year.  It started when my dose got down to about 0.5 last summer.  IT IS FINALLY, FINALLY, LIFTING!!! For the last two weeks or so, I have been waking up pretty peacefully, and I am able to lie in bed and enjoy the feeling of my memory foam mattress, my luxurious sheets, and my down comforter.  (Can you tell I like my bed?) It is such a pleasure now.  The morning anxiety was the second-to-last symptom to go.  I still have tinnitus, but there are times that it gets quieter. So, I fully expect it to go away at some point.  It was my first symptom when I started tolerance back in the beginning of 2013.  It will all go away.  Have faith and hang in there!

Oh that is such a positive thing to hear! Thank you.. And makes sense for me as I'm down to just over .5 now . I have only had it since under 1 mg..

Thks

Wow, you're cutting pretty fast.  It took me 18 months to get off of 3 mg of Ativan.  The last .5 mg took me 7 months.  And I still got hit with acute.  Acute started during the three months before I jumped, and it continued for the three months after I jumped.  So six months of acute!!  I really don't know how I survived. No choice, I guess.

Hi there kickinIt

Come to a snails pace now.. You said exactly what I am experiencing now. This last ( well for me under  a mg) bit is excruciating . I am all over the place. I have listened to lots of advice and am really slowing it down now. I'm really really feeling it. Trying all sorts of different techniques of dosing to try and make it easier but no easy way ! I had anticipated being done and dusted by Xmas but that's not going to happen . Got some big lifestyle changes coming  up in a few months ( shifting cities) so am just going to hang out with where I'm at now.  I have to keep reminding myself how well ?I've done to get where I am. Holding at this dose seems better than trying to continue and finding I crash and burn...

Reassuring to know that you got there in the end ! It's the insomnia that kills me ! Was that bad for you?

Cheers

BB