Morning Anxiety Support Blog

[Ma...]

[76...]

Hi everyone. I'm getting up now, lagging a bit, but nowhere near that horror that was last week. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the Lexapro kicking in, but I'm sure it's also the fluctuating benzo w/d. Ok, up and atom!

Matteo

Matteo- one foot in front of the other.... :thumbsup:

Just Breathe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [Pa...]

• [so...]

• [bo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, JB. I'm feeling guilty cause I slept in this a.m., but I don't EVEN wanna go there, so out the door I go! At least I'm not very anxious.

Matteo  :)

[76...]

Thanks, JB. I'm feeling guilty cause I slept in this a.m., but I don't EVEN wanna go there, so out the door I go! At least I'm not very anxious.

Matteo, why do you feel guilty for sleeping in? You sleep when you sleep...and now, you are out the door. Stop with the guilt...it is a useless emotion.

Just Breathe :smitten:

You got a point there, JB. Actually, guilt is really part of the cycle. It can keep me from getting up. Don't know why I do it, but it's a habit I'd like to change. That and self-loathing.

[76...]

You got a point there, JB. Actually, guilt is really part of the cycle. It can keep me from getting up. Don't know why I do it, but it's a habit I'd like to change. That and self-loathing.

Matteo-

Guilt is living in the past, worry is living in the future.....I am learning too....to stay in the present....it is where I am at. Have you read any books on anxiety and coping skills...there is so much out there.....I keep trying to educate myself...there, IMO, is never to much info for me on anxiety.

Just Breathe

matteo , was just looking at your sig line ,  do I read it right, you are off the benzo's and only taking an anti d. Lexapro at this time.

If so,  it could take awhile for the antid to kick in.  some up to 6 weeks, so be patient if depression seems to linger on.

st.

Thanks, ST and JB. It's true, I may need more time to start feeling the effects of the a/d. I upped my dose today, per the pdoc's orders. We'll see. As you pointed out, JB, a lot of what is going on is future tripping and past regretting. I can stop some of that, but not always the gnawing feelings. Mornings are still rough with all my worries hitting me before I even wake up. It may just be a long "getting used to it" process, wherein I'll eventually learn to get up and take actions quicker, one's that'll cut the anxiety off at the pass, or at least stop it ASAP. Thanks for your support.

Matteo

Hi everyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but posting seems to help a bit. I'm very anxious this morning about the future, and I can't seem to stop. It could be that I increased my dose (per pdoc's rec.) of Lexapro. Don't know. I'm getting up now (late, promised myself I'd get up earlier, but didn't). This issue is ongoing and I don't know how much it has to do with benzos still. Just ignore this, of course, if it seems like I'm just being repetitive. I just need to put my fears and feelings out there. Okay, I'm going to start my day now. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Peace to all,

Matteo

Hi everyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but posting seems to help a bit. I'm very anxious this morning about the future, and I can't seem to stop. It could be that I increased my dose (per pdoc's rec.) of Lexapro. Don't know. I'm getting up now (late, promised myself I'd get up earlier, but didn't). This issue is ongoing and I don't know how much it has to do with benzos still. Just ignore this, of course, if it seems like I'm just being repetitive. I just need to put my fears and feelings out there. Okay, I'm going to start my day now. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.Peace to all,

Matteo

Thanks dear, I needed to hear that too.  :-*

[76...]

Hi everyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but posting seems to help a bit. I'm very anxious this morning about the future, and I can't seem to stop. It could be that I increased my dose (per pdoc's rec.) of Lexapro. Don't know. I'm getting up now (late, promised myself I'd get up earlier, but didn't). This issue is ongoing and I don't know how much it has to do with benzos still. Just ignore this, of course, if it seems like I'm just being repetitive. I just need to put my fears and feelings out there. Okay, I'm going to start my day now. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Peace to all,

Matteo

Matteo- an increase in your Lexapro can def bring on anxiety...so that is all you are feeling...an increase from your dose of Lexapro...it will settle in a few days.

Just Breathe

Hope so, JB! I don't like it. Supposed to go the other direction, I thought, but I know that's the way these things go sometimes. I may have to go back down, as my pdoc was cautious about upping the dose. One thing I've learned over the years is that I'm hypersensitive to many a/d side effects. Pdoc suspects that might be due to some bi-polar in my family (hence the lithium I'm on . . . as I've said, though, he doesn't diagnose me as bipolar, but just slightly in that spectrum.)

Thanks for the support,

Well, I guess this blog is turning into a journal of sorts for me. I did set my alarm for 6 a.m. this morning and had my food and psych meds right by the bed. I took the meds, ate, and then went back to sleep, hoping that the blood-sugar would increase and I'd be in a better place by the time I got up. That didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but I think the morning, while bad, wasn't as bad as others (though it's hard to judge - they're all so bad lately). Well, thanks for your support. More later.

Matteo

matteo , every day brings a new experience with these drugs.  One interacts with the other, one has wd's , one doesn't work.  Its a wonder we function at all  on the stuff thats supposed to help us. :tickedoff:

st

Thanks, ST, for your support here on the a.m. anxiety blog. It helps a lot to have your experience, strength, and hope as a resource. I saw in one of the other blogs (don't remember which one) that you might be taking a new job that sounds like it'll really fit you and your schedule (that is, in production and flexible). I was happy to see that and a bit jealous, too, as I really need to find regular work, but don't even know what form it might take. Anyway, congrats and thanks for your great posts.

Matteo

you bet Matteo,  the funny thing about the job is , i was just calling my friend (who owns this business) to tell him I was doing the walk thrus to meet my unemployment requirements, and we got to talking.  He asked if I was serious about a job and I said, i probably would be in the winter,  or I would go stir crazy locked in the house .  He started asking me if I was interested in doing some part time or even full time work, kinda playing good ambassador calling on his accounts, and new ones to kinda spread the word about his business, maybe find some potential service contracts.  I said  maybe, and he said lets talk...

Now I have lived a structured work life for all of my 45 production years,  but the benzo experience seems to want to send me down a new road. and I might just like it , since this drug has really changed how I look at myself and my life experiences. 

we'll see what happens

st. 

you bet Matteo,  the funny thing about the job is , i was just calling my friend (who owns this business) to tell him I was doing the walk thrus to meet my unemployment requirements, and we got to talking.  He asked if I was serious about a job and I said, i probably would be in the winter,  or I would go stir crazy locked in the house .  He started asking me if I was interested in doing some part time or even full time work, kinda playing good ambassador calling on his accounts, and new ones to kinda spread the word about his business, maybe find some potential service contracts.   I said  maybe, and he said lets talk...

Now I have lived a structured work life for all of my 45 production years,  but the benzo experience seems to want to send me down a new road. and I might just like it , since this drug has really changed how I look at myself and my life experiences. 

we'll see what happens

st. 

I can't think of anyone who would make a better goodwill ambassador than you softtail.  You're sincere, you're passionate and you tell it like it is.  People will be able to see that you believe in what you're talking about and they'll trust you. 

But don't do this full time dude, you're retired!!!!

your right Pam , part time only,  just for toys for the harley, or new golf clubs, and there is always something I could get for the misses. :angel:

st

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news first: I've been neglecting this thread. Good news: I haven't had the morning anxiety for about a week  :yippee:. I'm using a blue light box loaned me by my shrink, but that's only been two days. I think I'm in a window of some sort. I'll take what I can get. But I'm just so baffled by my ups and downs. I guess that's just benzos. I also have depression and anxiety (what led me to benzos), so it's hard to know what's what. I'll just try to enjoy the good times while I can.

Matteo  :thumbsup:

[76...]

Bad news first: I've been neglecting this thread. Good news: I haven't had the morning anxiety for about a week  :yippee:. I'm using a blue light box loaned me by my shrink, but that's only been two days. I think I'm in a window of some sort. I'll take what I can get. But I'm just so baffled by my ups and downs. I guess that's just benzos. I also have depression and anxiety (what led me to benzos), so it's hard to know what's what. I'll just try to enjoy the good times while I can.

Matteo  :thumbsup:

Matteo- You must tell me what this blue lamp things is...MUST! And congrats on a good morning and wishing you many more :yippee:

Just Breathe

Hi JB! Where's the beautiful pic? I took mine off, too. Anyway, yeah, I'm doin' the light box thing  . . . we'll see, right? I'm going to PM you the youtube link that describes the very one I'm using (I understand I'm not supposed to post products and such in the forum, right?). P.S. you're driving me crazy with you're cooking/delicious food shouts!! But that's good, actually, because I should be eating more good food anyway. Well I'm off to go speak at an AA meeting.

Matteo  :smitten:

Hi JB! Where's the beautiful pic? I took mine off, too. Anyway, yeah, I'm doin' the light box thing  . . . we'll see, right? I'm going to PM you the youtube link that describes the very one I'm using (I understand I'm not supposed to post products and such in the forum, right?). P.S. you're driving me crazy with you're cooking/delicious food shouts!! But that's good, actually, because I should be eating more good food anyway. Well I'm off to go speak at an AA meeting.

Matteo   :smitten:

You can post products just not direct links to a site that would be selling it. Hope this helps!  :)

[76...]

Matteo   :smitten:

Thanks Matteo and I will look into it...hey, if it works, don't ? it..right? That pic was taken Thursday after a 10 hour work day and a total for 50 hours worked in 4 days...not the most flattering....I may try a better one another day...plus the crazy cow, Bella, was calling me back.

I am 100% italian...don't like to cook put am good at it...you should eat some on my mom's homemade Ravioli's...OMG...and I don't even like past much, but WOW...what I learned is from watching her. I can't believe I am thin growing up on her food.

Hope the meeting goes well and thanks again for the pm.

JB

JB, Mamma mia!

Tu sei una ragazza Italiana, allora! Che brava! Mi piace molto tutte le cose Italiane! Posso parlare un po d'Italiano, ma non molto, e certo, non e tutto giusto. Sono andato li due volte; cinque e venti anni fa.

I love italian food! I cooked it professionally for some years. I love hearing about your grandmother! As I often tell people: "Nessuno puo cucinare come le nonne Italiane" (no one can cook like the Italian grandmothers). I learned to cook originally from a chef who learned much from his nonna. We used to make pasta sheets for ravioli, agnolotti, tortellini, etc. by hand with a six foot long wooden dowel on a big table. Have you ever seen/done that?

Ci parliamo, ciao

Matteo  :)

JB, Mamma mia!

Tu sei una ragazza Italiana, allora! Che brava! Mi piace molto tutte le cose Italiane! Posso parlare un po d'Italiano, ma non molto, e certo, non e tutto giusto. Sono andato li due volte; cinque e venti anni fa.

I love italian food! I cooked it professionally for some years. I love hearing about your grandmother! As I often tell people: "Nessuno puo cucinare come le nonne Italiane" (no one can cook like the Italian grandmothers). I learned to cook originally from a chef who learned much from his nonna. We used to make pasta sheets for ravioli, agnolotti, tortellini, etc. by hand with a six foot long wooden dowel on a big table. Have you ever seen/done that?

Ci parliamo, ciao

Matteo,

I don't remember seeing professional chef on your resume that's as long as my arm.  Good grief dude, is there anything you haven't done?  :o

JB, Mamma mia!

Ci parliamo, ciao

I wish I had an Italian grandmother! I love, love, love Italian food!  :smitten: