• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sp...]

• [ca...]

• [Ja...]

• [Wo...]

To everyone that reads this - I did my first century bike ride yesterday. The closest I had ever done before was 87 miles, 13 years ago! The farthest I was able to go two years ago was under 10 miles!! You will be better, stronger than u can imagine when you are healed!!

Good for you Cindy! What an awesome accomplishment. You continue to inspire and provide hope - beautiful! Thank  you so much for sharing - Marc

Wow Cindy that gives me hope today.

Thank you for coming back and sharing your continued success..it inspires me to keep going.

Please keep coming back and giving us updates..It really does help those of us behind you that have yet to write a success story.

Love and healing,  :smitten:

Causing

I am just marveling at the contrast between 2 years time and you all will be too. I hope each of you comes back with an even better story! Thank-you for the comments I am so grateful! Cindy

GO CINDY! So happy to have read your story! Enjoy all that life has to offer and have a doughnut for me! I miss Krispy Kreme doughnuts so much (especially the hot ones lol)!!!

Much love!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  Cindy, I cant believe it took me this long to see this thread. I don't come on here as often anymore even though I am not healed YET, But I must say I couldn't be happier for you living your life to the fullest. You certainly deserve it after everything this beast put you through..  :hug:  xoxo  Maureen

Maureen - It's been a long hard road for you! I am so sorry you aren't at the end of this journey yet just trust that you will get there. In a way I was happy when I hadn't seen many familiar names reply to this because I thought it meant people had completely healed. I am sending positive thoughts your way my friend. Cindy

• 2 months later...
Well I'm back for an update to my success story - Tomorrow I will be skydiving in Chicago with one of my best friends. We have both been through life changing events in the past few years and thought we would do something "crazy" to mark our surviving them. Ok so it's a little ironic jumping out of a plane to do it but I feel like it's the perfect thing to do. Anyway obviously this is a million miles from where I was just 18 short months ago. I want anyone to read this to know that those months seem very short  now. It's fading as my new phase in life memories are taking over and I truly feel triumphant! Thinking about all of you making your way through and wishing you speed to your new phase. Cindy

Cindy...I was thinking about you just this morning...if Spunky can do it so can I! Then I see this message of triumphant healing! Wow!

Thank you for telling us of your success. Your words are inspiring. I will do this again today because it is taking me to a place of joy and health. I am grateful.

Wishing you well....enjoy!!

Warmly,

Carita

Hey Cindy,

I was thinking about you today too....and after reading your post and what Carita wrote, I know I am not alone and many others are suffering along with me today...but you did it and many others before you did it and made it to the other side..so I will continue on and find my success too.

Thanks for coming back and sharing.

Come back and post a pic of you sky diving.

Much love and continued healing,

Causing

Dear spunky

Just read all of this posted success story and responses.  Thank you so much for coming back to share.  I am in month 14 free after 3 months of Xanax and then 2 of klonopin to taper but really it was ct.  I still am not doing great but there are slow improvements.  I am still crying and have anger at the doctors, I get so scared at times.  I wish I could accept this road, this suffering as healing.  Somewhere I read that we should acknowledge and then accept our sxs.  So wish I could. 

I too tell anyone who will listen to stay off drugs, to research all drugs a doctor may prescribe.  I also had a DNA/Generic blood panel done and it sure explained why I am here now.  Out of the 9 enzymes that metabolize drugs in my body, only 1 works.  The list of drugs the lab gave me as never take is quite long but this I think is invaluable for my future.  Of course benzos and ADs are all there.  But so Advil, Tylenol and other I've the counter drugs as well as caffeine, alcohol.  Maybe you are also like me since we were both short term users.  I have also changed to a healthier diet which I am so proud of. 

Thank you again and bless you and your family, continued good health and please continue to share your joy with those of us still here on BB.

:smitten:  Galea

We did it - I will never do again but I did it!! I have tried to post some pics but I can't figure it out. Thanks for all the thoughts. I am BACK!!!!

We did it - I will never do again but I did it!! I have tried to post some pics but I can't figure it out. Thanks for all the thoughts. I am BACK!!!!

OMG.... Go girl..  You jumped out of the plane... WOW is only one thing I can say.  Well, you see folks, these are the gifts you get from this awful journey.  A true sence of strength, that you'll try all of it.  Cindy... you would be the one to do this for sure.  That's why the two hummingbirds came in my yard this a.m., and on my b/day...  Knew the message was coming for some reason with these guys, knew it was something about you!! Then I come online to BB.. and go into s/stories...  Here is our Cindy, flying like the wind out of a plane.    WOWWY!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love to you, Patty :smitten: :smitten:

PattyLu- After the parachute went up and I had calmed down my tandem jumper Anthony and I had quite the conversation floating around. Without going into details I told him about the last 3 years and the last thing i said was "this is as close to feeling like a bird as I will ever get!" I guess the part of this for me that can give EVERYONE here something to hang on to is that 3 years ago I was afraid to leave my home. Wishing all of you wings!!!!

HI Cindy

You mention in your success story about pain.  Im wondering did you ever have joint pain?  hips?  knees?  ankles?  wrists?  shoulders?  I see alot of comments on muscle pain but not joint pain??  I have this terrible.

congrats

PattyLu- After the parachute went up and I had calmed down my tandem jumper Anthony and I had quite the conversation floating around. Without going into details I told him about the last 3 years and the last thing i said was "this is as close to feeling like a bird as I will ever get!" I guess the part of this for me that can give EVERYONE here something to hang on to is that 3 years ago I was afraid to leave my home. Wishing all of you wings!!!!

WOW... what an experience you found... You amaze me.  I can only imagine once you calmed, the feeling, and you shared all.  Yes, to feel like a bird... amazing.  Yes dear Spunky, wings are what all do get...  The very best to you always our sweet Angel!!

Love .. Pattylu

Love ot you

Elle I did have joint pain, everything hurt. The worst physical pain was in my spine and upper back muscles. It took almost a year to get any relief from that. I guess the best thing I can tell you what comes from withdrawal goes away with healing.  If it was there before withdrawal it may not. I have no and I can't stress this enough no new pain! Pattylu You always make me smile through tears! So blessed to know you. Cindy