Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Spunky has the last word!!!

[Sp...]

Damn Girl, you did it...You jumped out of the plane.

I am so happy for you and so proud of you.

You made me laugh out loud and smile big watching you in that video.

You have given me something else to add to my bucket list.

WOW..that was so great, thanks for sharing this awesome moment with us.

Keep on getting better and better and coming back to tell us about it..I am living vicariously through you until I heal.

You look so great in the video...You look better now than you do you in the picture you have as your avatar...and I thought you looked great in that...This gives me hope and more hope...

Much love and on going healing,

Causing

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Sp...]

• [ca...]

• [Ja...]

• [Wo...]

causingpain - Funny thing is this was never on my bucket list. My friend that you see had it on hers she's one of the few people that hung in there with me and now she is going through some major life changes and needed someone to help her be brave. I jumped out of a plane for my friend - As you can tell I didn't really want to ::) Funny though things like this just don't seem as scary as they use to. You will all know that feeling once you make it through this. Cindy

Cindy, WOW!! WOW!!  Inspiration Is such a small word with your action of JUMPING OUT OF A PLANE!! I needed to see this at my stage of the journey. It has been such a long journey at 2 plus yrs out....I know that the stage I am in the healing is happening faster and fear is less and less...What a leap of success you are in...... BRAVO to you...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Jude

Very refreshing to read your success story Spunky!!!! Give hope when it's fleeting sometimes, so thank you!

I love your sig quote "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."  :thumbsup:

Wow Cindy you just made my day !! I loved watching this, I wont even fly in a plane  ???  so I guess I wont be jumping.. lol

I am still having some tough days so seeing you able to live life to the fullest sure gives us all hope..    :thumbsup:  xo

Just watched your video. I cried because I am so happy for you. Wow! is all I can say. I am flying to France in two days for vacation. I won't be jumping out of a plane, but look forward to each day I am further away from this "drug from hell". By the way, you look amazing!!

causingpain - Funny thing is this was never on my bucket list. My friend that you see had it on hers she's one of the few people that hung in there with me and now she is going through some major life changes and needed someone to help her be brave. I jumped out of a plane for my friend - As you can tell I didn't really want to ::) Funny though things like this just don't seem as scary as they use to. You will all know that feeling once you make it through this. Cindy

That just means you are a wonderful friend!  :smitten:

Spunky,

I'm envious of what you have accomplished. And to think you went through all of that from only 3 weeks use. I've about to reach 18 months off from only using it for 4 weeks myself. Did you ever have any fatigue issues? If so how long before it went away?

What a fantastic video, I'm so glad you are fully healed! Thank you so much for coming back to BB and giving us all some much needed hope. Looking forward to reading about your next adventure  :thumbsup:

drugfree2k-so much fatigue I'm sure it's somewhere back in my posts but the worst part was as tired as I was I couldn't rest. I am sure you understand that. The high alert feeling that didn't go away. My sleep came back at the 12 month mark. I do have less energy that I use to but I am 3 years older and caffeine free and I really don't mind slowing down a little. Innadaze - thank-you I guarantee  my future adventures will not involve a parachute!

The CNS takes so long to heal and yet it does heal. Please don't give up, don't reinstate - I did and it only set me back. Days crawl by and the pain is consuming but it will end. The community here is amazing.

Thank you for this encouragement...the CNS does take a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to heal but reading your story (again) and watching your video I know it DOES heal!

I can't wait to write my success story! Many blessings!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So over this past weekend I was part of a 15 person bakery to bakery to bakery bike ride, 27.5 miles. Half way through the ride the rider in front of me stopped abruptly causing me to lock up and fly over my handle bars. My left shoulder and leg took the  impact. Lots of pain but only a mile away from our 2nd stop I got back on my bike and continued on. Bought a scarf, made a sling and made the 3rd bakery and the 14 miles home. I was the organizer of this gathering and it had been planned for months. People had joined us from out of state and I kept my game face on until the end. Last night as I was taking off the clothing the was stuck to my body with the blood from my wounds I realized how strong I have become. The Urgent Care visit confirmed a broken Humerus and I will be out of commission for 6 weeks. I refused any pain meds and the Dr. was dumbfounded. None of this fazed me. My pain in comparison to Benzo hell is nothing. It is localized and I know what its from and that it will heal. Hoping anyone who reads this the amazing strength that surviving Benzos gives!!!

So over this past weekend I was part of a 15 person bakery to bakery to bakery bike ride, 27.5 miles. Half way through the ride the rider in front of me stopped abruptly causing me to lock up and fly over my handle bars. My left shoulder and leg took the  impact. Lots of pain but only a mile away from our 2nd stop I got back on my bike and continued on. Bought a scarf, made a sling and made the 3rd bakery and the 14 miles home. I was the organizer of this gathering and it had been planned for months. People had joined us from out of state and I kept my game face on until the end. Last night as I was taking off the clothing the was stuck to my body with the blood from my wounds I realized how strong I have become. The Urgent Care visit confirmed a broken Humerus and I will be out of commission for 6 weeks. I refused any pain meds and the Dr. was dumbfounded. None of this fazed me. My pain in comparison to Benzo hell is nothing. It is localized and I know what its from and that it will heal. Hoping anyone who reads this the amazing strength that surviving Benzos gives!!!

Wow Spunky

I was only wondering today how you was doing and up you pop, see you are a warrior for having survived benzo withdrawal and that warrior shone through again from your accident, I surely can get the bit about after going through this torture any pain here after will be nothing in comparison..

You Rock Girl, You Really Do

Proud of you 👍

Hope I get to join you soon

WOOFS 🌹🌹🌹

Woofs- Wishing you the speediest path to healing. Thank-you for thinking about me!

My pleasure Spunky

Bet the view is amazing on the other side and I bet the promised land is all they say it is, we just can't see it yet but at least you and others come back to paint the picture in our minds..

Ive been ready to check out of hell along time now, but still waiting for old Satan 👺 to rubber stamp my release papers, think he's forgot I'm still here or else he enjoys my company or more like enjoys my suffering...

We are all Warriors trying to find our way home, thanks again for coming back with more hope 👍

Blessings 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I think I would refuse anything at this point too..too Risky.

Good for you...I know exactly how you feel about both.

Heal fast.

Causing

Spunky...wishing you well. Smiled when I read your comment on the strength you get from withdrawal. I agree. I never imagined I could survive something like this...and here I am doing it every day.

You will heal and continue your life journey. I love the bakery to barkey ride idea. What fun. Blessings and gratitude to you.

Carita

Carita- It was an amazing, fun though painful ride.I had my most important peeps with me so as we all know thats what mattered! My arm is actually allowing me so sleep at night so I'm doing pretty well, I think. I remember when I thought I'd never sleep again and now I can med free with a broken arm. So blessed!