20's and 30's Support Group

[71...]

If I could go back to 2012 and say, just leave everything alone. Leave the antidepressants alone. Say no to pills. I went from being on 2 pills and exceedingly functional, to 5 pills and 57294 supplements and completely useless, and a destroyed body.  2012 was the end of the world for me.

How about we all throw a pity party? This thread would become much more active.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [Ks...]

• [Sm...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

heh its funny cause its true

http://media.giphy.com/media/gSotjAQJmPTJm/giphy.gif

I'm 37 and got put on this stuff in college. Now I feel like I woke up and aged all those years. I'm almost three months off and scared most of the time.

[98...]

http://troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/oh-you-think-your-headache-is-a-brain-tumor-you-must-have-gone-to-medical-school-and-specialized-in-neuroscience-thumb.jpg

This is me when my head hurts.

If I could go back to 2012 and say, just leave everything alone. Leave the antidepressants alone. Say no to pills. I went from being on 2 pills and exceedingly functional, to 5 pills and 57294 supplements and completely useless, and a destroyed body.  2012 was the end of the world for me.

I used to think the same "If I could go back to when I was a teenager and never take those pills", but I developed into who I am today because of the hell I've been through.

[71...]

Funny thing is Valium is the first drug I ever tried, someone gave it to me at a high school dance... boy was I looped out of my mind. Went home and passed the F out. I've pretty much experimented with every dang drug except heroin, opiates make me sicker than hell...however I can't tell you guys how many times I've told my family it would've been easier if I were a crackhead or a heroin addict because I'd be able to detox and be able to be okay and not go through months or years of freaking torture.

Sad that Valium was my gateway drug and I've come full circle because of my stupid anxiety disorder  >:( >:(>:(

Funny thing is Valium is the first drug I ever tried, someone gave it to me at a high school dance... boy was I looped out of my mind. Went home and passed the F out. I've pretty much experimented with every dang drug except heroin, opiates make me sicker than hell...however I can't tell you guys how many times I've told my family it would've been easier if I were a crackhead or a heroin addict because I'd be able to detox and be able to be okay and not go through months or years of freaking torture.

Sad that Valium was my gateway drug and I've come full circle because of my stupid anxiety disorder  >:( >:(>:(

One thing that annoys me is all of the people who think benzo's are a joke and think I exaggerate about withdrawal. I know people who have been addicted to everything, and all of them have said benzo's were by far the worse.

I used to think the same "If I could go back to when I was a teenager and never take those pills", but I developed into who I am today because of the hell I've been through.

I am glad you feel that way. I personally cannot say I have grown from this experience at all. Compared to me before psych drugs, I am now

Paranoid about every single thing I ingest

Jaded about the world

Highly distrustful

More full of hate

And oh yeah, my body has completely gone to hell

[71...]

I am glad you feel that way. I personally cannot say I have grown from this experience at all. Compared to me before psych drugs, I am now

Jaded about the world

Highly distrustful

More full of hate

I completely agree with you on that. I don't trust doctors, I don't trust Psychiatrists, I don't trust therapists, I don't trust nurses..... pretty much the whole medical profession. Oh did I mention I also hate myself most of the time for going to the doctor and actually taking these horrible prescriptions.

yea it sucks that we are worse off than if we'd been on illicit drugs

We get all withdrawals - oh and they get to go on for years - with none of the fun.

All I got out of this addiction was 18 months of sleeping well. Crappy trade.

At least we aren't technically addicted to it. We are dependent. I know some real addicts and they never get to shake being an addict. They will always have to be abstinent from anything.

I will have one unshakable drug rule when I'm off this crap: never ever will a benzo again pass my lips.

I think though I'll be more scared of all drugs post this.

Jaded about the world

Highly distrustful

More full of hate

ha KS. We'll just talk in memes

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1337273527046_7100480.png

What about this one KS?

All we have to do is get Willy Wonka and do a: 'Oh really, tell me again how this is making me stronger'

then we'll have that meme nailed

hE91F14EC

[71...]

yea it sucks that we are worse off than if we'd been on illicit drugs

We get all withdrawals - oh and they get to go on for years - with none of the fun.

All I got out of this addiction was 18 months of sleeping well. Crappy trade.

At least we aren't technically addicted to it. We are dependent. I know some real addicts and they never get to shake being an addict. They will always have to be abstinent from anything.

I will have one unshakable drug rule when I'm off this crap: never ever will a benzo again pass my lips.

I think though I'll be more scared of all drugs post this.

Funny thing is when I was in rehab because I have a past with alcoholism I now was labeled a "drug addict", when I told them I couldn't handle not being tapered directly off my medication they were like "that's your addict mind talking"... NO IT'S MY FREAKING BRAIN FLIPPING THE EFF OUT.

I asked them what about people whose bodies become dependent on benzos but they aren't alcoholics or drug addicts and they told me "they are drug addicts".

So good news everyone you're all drug addicts  ::)

[71...]

Jaded about the world

Highly distrustful

More full of hate

ha KS. We'll just talk in memes

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1337273527046_7100480.png

Oh that meme is just perfect for me

I asked them what about people whose bodies become dependent on benzos but they aren't alcoholics or drug addicts and they told me "they are drug addicts".

Ok now they'z is making me mad

Wikipedia your arse rehab morons:

"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences,[1] or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors.[2]

Addictions can include, but are not limited to, drug abuse, exercise addiction, food addiction, computer addiction and gambling. Classic hallmarks of addiction include impaired control over substances or behavior, preoccupation with substance or behavior, continued use despite consequences, and denial.[3] Habits and patterns associated with addiction are typically characterized by immediate gratification (short-term reward), coupled with delayed deleterious effects (long-term costs).[4]

Physiological dependence occurs when the body has to adjust to the substance by incorporating the substance into its "normal" functioning."

Yea that's right. Wikipedia said I aint a drug addict.

But seriously.. I'm not a drug addict.

[71...]

"Addiction is the continued repetition of a behavior despite adverse consequences,[1] or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors.[2]

Addictions can include, but are not limited to, drug abuse, exercise addiction, food addiction, computer addiction and gambling. Classic hallmarks of addiction include impaired control over substances or behavior, preoccupation with substance or behavior, continued use despite consequences, and denial.[3] Habits and patterns associated with addiction are typically characterized by immediate gratification (short-term reward), coupled with delayed deleterious effects (long-term costs).[4]

Physiological dependence occurs when the body has to adjust to the substance by incorporating the substance into its "normal" functioning."

Someone's clearly in denial.....  :laugh: :laugh:

Sad that I can joke around at night because I feel like a normal human being, then when it's morning it's like BAM back to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone's clearly in denial.....  :laugh: :laugh:

Wikipedia Time.. yes... w.i.k.i.p.e.d.i.a

It is a good sign you get any good times. It means there is probably a way to get that as standard.

[71...]
That is true...in rehab/detox I didn't get any good times even at night so the stupid Valium has to be doing at least a little something for me, and at least I can sleep 8 hours now.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/what-doesnt-kill-you-drink-strong-drink.jpg

Except for the part where we can't drink

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now 10 days free of Xanax, and while there is still some problems, I gotta say I'm feeling better and better every day.  I had a long list of symptoms during my taper that seem to be clearing up.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/what-doesnt-kill-you-drink-strong-drink.jpg

Except for the part where we can't drink

I haven't really been having much of a problem drinking.

I've been off Xanax for a little over a week now.  On holidays right now, so decided to have some drinks last night.  Had a few more today.  Last week I had a couple.  Hasn't really bothered me.