• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [Ks...]

• [Sm...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

26... and this is a great idea. I love talking to everyone but it's nice to talk about the struggles with those in your age group... so, how's your guy's social lives going??? Hopefully we can all get to points where we are stable in our tapers and can have SOME fun. lol.... being a hermit gets old.

Social life is the internet for me, I don't think I will ever get over the fact that I lost my best years to medication. It sure feels like shit to log on to facebook and see people posting selfies, pics of parties, hanging out, going to careers or graduating, etc. when I honestly I don't know when or even if I will ever have any of that. I try not to go on facebook but it's really everywhere, all the songs on the radio, tv, etc. I guess this applies to people of all ages but I feel like people in their 20s are really affected by this.

:'(

[84...]

Don't worry. I feel the same. exact. way.

How fast are you tapering? I plan on once I stabilize, which God I hope I do, micro tapering to the point where I can live a life... normal I mean... w/o these horrible symptoms.

If it takes 5yrs to get off, who the hell cares, I want to be able to work, hang out with friends, have a freaking girlfriend! (all my friends are getting married and having kids!!!!), and have a life.

Benzos... crisis of our lifetime.

I am having to taper very slow due to awful side effects, they are killing me. I'm only down like 15% in three months. It's terrible.

Good luck with the micro tapering, it is really much more accurate. I tried myself but dissolving my pill in liquid my body absolutely flipped out and got really unstable and I had to go back. Still haven't really recovered. It was some weeks ago. But I'm having a really hard time, pretty much everyone is able to switch to liquid.

That is a good attitude to have, ray...I hope you get there, I think that's definitely doable. I can't afford five years, I've already lost two and this was before any benzo withdrawal. Doesn't seem to be a cap on how bad my life can get, it has been a rapid snowball downhill since 2012, and it seems like everything I do to try to help my body makes it worse. I just hate my life...truly... Sorry everyone I'm just really upset today. I am dealing with more than just benzo withdrawal though. I'm sick of nothing improving or only getting worse :'(

[84...]
I am having to taper very slow due to awful side effects, they are killing me. I'm only down like 15% in three months. It's terrible.

Good luck with the micro tapering, it is really much more accurate. I tried myself but dissolving my pill in liquid my body absolutely flipped out and got really unstable and I had to go back. Still haven't really recovered. It was some weeks ago. But I'm having a really hard time, pretty much everyone is able to switch to liquid.

That is a good attitude to have, ray...I hope you get there, I think that's definitely doable. I can't afford five years, I've already lost two and this was before any benzo withdrawal. Doesn't seem to be a cap on how bad my life can get, it has been a rapid snowball downhill since 2012, and it seems like everything I do to try to help my body makes it worse. I just hate my life...truly... Sorry everyone I'm just really upset today. I am dealing with more than just benzo withdrawal though. I'm sick of nothing improving or only getting worse :'(

Have you thought about getting a jewelery scale and micro-tapering that way? That's the way I'm doing it, and it is very workable w/the pills...

What's going on with the rest of your life? I've been down the natural healing/herbology road and I don't mean toot my own horn but have a lot of knowledge that may be helpful. What health issues are you dealing with exactly?

..and don't worry, I hate my life as it is right now too. I have everything I could ever want, and am SOMEHOW working full time and going to school part time, but how, I have no clue. I feel so lonely in a world full of people. Don't give up. I'd seriously look into the jewelery scale thing.

Hope you feel better.

[84...]

PS: Do you guys still go to college and/or work?

...how are y'all managing in that department?

I'm in school and I work full time!!

Woot Woot! Awesome! Keep it up! How fast are you tapering? and how?

Hi ray, yes I'm using a jewelry scale but it is very moody and not as accurate as I need it to be... It can fluctuate up to .004mg which is a big cut for me so I have to weigh about thirty times. The problem I'm having now is rapid weight gain, it is something the withdrawal is doing because the days I get hit worst wih withdrawal are the days I put on up to a pound in a day. No correlation to what or how much I eat or don't eat... It's caused me to develop severe depression and I don't leave the house much because of it. I am afraid I won't be able to get off the drug because it is a serious problem and no one can figure out a solution. :'(

[84...]

I feel your pain. I too feel like I can't cut w/o severe problems.

A 1.5% cut? For God's sake, THAT causes huge issues? It all doesn't seem fair, but sometimes it isn't fair. Just got to keep plugging along and being there for each other.

Sorry I meant .004g not mg. my pill is anywhere from 177 to 183 mg (according to my scale) and a 4 or 5mg difference in cut size is about 3% difference. Still small but it's too big for me to handle at once...yeah it's pretty pathetic

• 2 weeks later...

PS: Do you guys still go to college and/or work?

...how are y'all managing in that department?

Up until a couple months ago I was working full time, and taking 2 classes at university.  But, that all ended while I'm tapering, so not managing too well in those areas I suppose, lol. 

I'de like to be back at work and university ASAP, but gotta stay patient.

Can I join Im 39?? Barely still in my 30's! I have 2 small children and I don't remember much of their little years either, its a total fog. That makes me really sad. I stay at home with them full time which Im very thankful for, I know I would have never been able to work.

Don't worry. I feel the same. exact. way.

How fast are you tapering? I plan on once I stabilize, which God I hope I do, micro tapering to the point where I can live a life... normal I mean... w/o these horrible symptoms.

If it takes 5yrs to get off, who the hell cares, I want to be able to work, hang out with friends, have a freaking girlfriend! (all my friends are getting married and having kids!!!!), and have a life.

Benzos... crisis of our lifetime.

On one hand I feel the exact same way, but on the other hand I want off these frigging things. 

[09...]

Hah. Funny how I'm acting like I run the darn group when I didn't even start it :P

It's everyone's group doesn't matter who started it!  :thumbsup:

Will be 30 in a few months. 19 months since I took off from planet benzo I'm still lost in space and hoping to be an earthling soon feeling younger, better than before like the success stories suggest. All this time travel has taken its toll and aged me fast.  >:(

[84...]

Hah. Funny how I'm acting like I run the darn group when I didn't even start it :P

It's everyone's group doesn't matter who started it!  :thumbsup:

Kai.  8)

[84...]

Will be 30 in a few months. 19 months since I took off from planet benzo I'm still lost in space and hoping to be an earthling soon feeling younger, better than before like the success stories suggest. All this time travel has taken its toll and aged me fast.  >:(

...and hold on my friend. As everyone says, it will get better. It will. It will. It will. Just keep telling yourself that this will soon be a bad memory.

I'm 34.. so I suppose that counts me in

I don't feel young though .. ha. Oh dear. Having a child die will make you feel a little aged. Benzo w/d doesn't help either.

hmmm its not fair

I'm sorry you had to spend your late 20s with this crap. You will have a better time and still be young

I'll be old by the time I'm through  :D

Thanks Ray and Smiff for the encouraging words.

Ray,

I know the feeling of watching your friends getting married while you are stuck in this foggy state. Similar thing is happening in my case too. Tests your patience at many levels.  ;D

Smiff,

Sorry about the loss of your child. I can't tell how old you feel or how old I might feel when I'm your age but I bet we will be wiser for sure!    ;)