20's and 30's Support Group

[57...]

[57...]

Or did I technically cut more than 5%???!!!!!! I'm sooooo confused!!!!! Did I cut 9.1%?!!!!!!

I think you did.  But, fwiw, by looking at your sig you've been dropping by more than 5% per week since you started your taper.

My Dr. put me on a taper schedule of dropping 5% off the original starting amount of .6mg of Klonopin per week. So week one of my taper would be to drop down to .55mg, then next week .50mg then .45 and so on....is this the wrong way to do it?????

I mean, that seems like a reasonable plan he had you on to me, but from a stats POV.

.55/.60 = 9.16% reduction.

If he said to drop down 5% each week, then the first week would've been going from .60mg to .57mg. 

If he said to drop down 0.05mg each week, then you did it right, but it was a 9.16% reduction.

Isn't the way my Dr. set it up Ashton Style as far as dropping? Dear God, I really need a taper plan that I can understand, I thought this one I could.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [Ks...]

• [Sm...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, that seems like a reasonable plan he had you on to me, but from a stats POV.

If he said to drop down 5% each week, then the first week would've been going from .60mg to .57mg. 

If he said to drop down 0.05mg each week, then you did it right, but it was a 9.16% reduction.

Isn't the way my Dr. set it up Ashton Style as far as dropping? Dear God, I really need a taper plan that I can understand, I thought this one I could.

Yeah, it's the Ashton rate.  If someone is on 10mg valium, Ashton recommends 1mg drops each 1-2 week.  Which is the equivalent of what you have been doing.  You've been on the quicker side of her recommendations (dropping it each week, not 2 weeks).  It's just not 5% a week (which would be the slower Ashton rate, dropping every 2 weeks). I'm sure everything is fine with it.

If you weren't on benzo's that long, I would think the 'quicker' Ashton method (which you've been doing) would be reasonable.

[57...]

Yeah, it's the Ashton rate.  If someone is on 10mg valium, Ashton recommends 1mg drops each 1-2 week.  Which is the equivalent of what you have been doing.  You've been on the quicker side of her recommendations (dropping it each week, not 2 weeks).  It's just not 5% a week (which would be the slower Ashton rate, dropping every 2 weeks). I'm sure everything is fine with it.

If you weren't on benzo's that long, I would think the 'quicker' Ashton method (which you've been doing) would be reasonable.

You were right I was dropping way more no wonder why I am having issues today. I probably need to go slower because of the alcohol withdrawal otherwise it's just going to fry my brain even more.

You were right I was dropping way more no wonder why I am having issues today. I probably need to go slower because of the alcohol withdrawal otherwise it's just going to fry my brain even more.

Glad I could help.  Just remember this is a temporary thing you'll get over.  A couple months ago I was filled with depression, and anxiety from this, and today am currently doing much better.

[57...]

Glad I could help.  Just remember this is a temporary thing you'll get over.  A couple months ago I was filled with depression, and anxiety from this, and today am currently doing much better.

Today has been filled with nothing but anxiety and depression... and feeling like I am going through withdrawals all day long.

Today has been filled with nothing but anxiety and depression... and feeling like I am going through withdrawals all day long.

Sorry to hear that, those days can be brutal, but it will turn around.

I had the same thing.  When I would take my xanax once a day (at night) the anxiety is horrible during the day.  But, for some reason, when I took a benzo during the day to get rid of the anxiety, it would increase depression.  I ended up having to find a small dose of benzo's during the day to put depression, and anxiety at tolerable levels.  Any more, and depression would be brutal.  Any less, and anxiety would be brutal. Fortunately, now that I'm getting down to lower levels they seem to be improving.

Hey guys. Good idea for a group, thanks. I am 29 and still recovering. I hope I don't scare anyone, I did a rapid taper and was kindled, in tolerance. I am much, much better, too. It's tough seeing all my good friends having kids, buying houses, getting married. It's a hard age to be going through this...

[57...]

Hey guys. Good idea for a group, thanks. I am 29 and still recovering. I hope I don't scare anyone, I did a rapid taper and was kindled, in tolerance. I am much, much better, too. It's tough seeing all my good friends having kids, buying houses, getting married. It's a hard age to be going through this...

I hear ya... I'm about to turn 29 myself and all my friends are doing the same :(

Two of my closest friends are pregnant, another just got engaged. Aw well. I'm glad I'm not pregnant, that's for sure  :P

Hey, I'm 30, although at moments through out my taper I probably looked around 99 lol. We have age and fairly low term use on our side. In my opinion anything under 10 years would be classed as average or low use.

Good little thread here, I dont know what to talk about, is anyone listening to any good music at the moment? Thats if your ears aren't temporarily ruined off wd.  :tickedoff:

Hey, I'm 30, although at moments through out my taper I probably looked around 99 lol. We have age and fairly low term use on our side. In my opinion anything under 10 years would be classed as average or low use.

Good little thread here, I dont know what to talk about, is anyone listening to any good music at the moment? Thats if your ears aren't temporarily ruined off wd.  :tickedoff:

Lol, I've been listening to quite a bit of music lately.  Little bit of everything really.  90's rap (Nas, Wut Tang, Tribe called quest, Mase, etc.. ) , Sublime, John Mayers blues stuff, Immortal techninque, Mac Miller, etc..

Lol, I've been listening to quite a bit of music lately.  Little bit of everything really.  90's rap (Nas, Wut Tang, Tribe called quest, Mase, etc.. ) , Sublime, John Mayers blues stuff, Immortal techninque, Mac Miller, etc..

Not forgetting Ice cube, 2pac and not forgetting Biggy

''Super Nintendo, Sega genesis'' .....  :thumbsup:

For the end of the night, sit back and enjoy in a quiet place, preferably with a cup of chamomile tea.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L8uRApYeQ

Not forgetting Ice cube, 2pac and not forgetting Biggy

''Super Nintendo, Sega genesis'' .....  :thumbsup:

For the end of the night, sit back and enjoy in a quiet place, preferably with a cup of chamomile tea.

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L8uRApYeQ

Bigg's definitely in the 'etc' column there. Lots of him in the playlist.

Getting excited for cut day tommorow.  Down to .3125mg on Xanax.  Feeling slightly nervous about this cut.

d.  :tickedoff:

Lol, I've been listening to quite a bit of music lately.  Little bit of everything really.  90's rap

in my final drinking week 2/2012 i liked listening to some old rap too , my favorite 90s rap song was Snoop Dogg Gin & juice!

90s was a GREAT decade, no wars that costed alot of american lives , fall of communism in majority of countrys world wide, $1 a gallon gas!

• 2 weeks later...

hi miss Lacey you have GREAT taste in music !! remember the 90s when Mtv was actualy WORTH watching?

hi miss Lacey you have GREAT taste in music !! remember the 90s when Mtv was actualy WORTH watching?

I'm a guy, lol.  But thanks.

You mean back when the music channel actually played music?  What a concept, lol

• 2 weeks later...
[57...]

Just thought I'd pop in, Im 50. U guys r lucky to still be young ;D Get this tapering done b4 u get 50 :)

At the rate I'm at I probably will be 50 by the time I am done.

Just thought I'd pop in, Im 50. U guys r lucky to still be young ;D Get this tapering done b4 u get 50 :)

Hah, I beat you, I will only be 40 >:D

I'm over 50  :P :P :P :P :P

[57...]

Oh to be young again..... lol

If I could go back and tell my 23 year old self to NEVER drink again because this is what would happen.