20's and 30's Support Group

[5c...]

Anybody listen to music to pick themselves up when they're feeling down with this benzo stuff?  And what artists?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [Ks...]

• [Sm...]

• [Mo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is dose taper day.  I always have a weird mix of optimism (that I'm progressing with the taper), mixed with fear (that I'm going to get slammed with WD) on these days.

[5c...]

Today is dose taper day.  I always have a weird mix of optimism (that I'm progressing with the taper), mixed with fear (that I'm going to get slammed with WD) on these days.

I tapered last night by 5% it always freaks me out when I taper every single time. I hate being on these meds but I'm scared every time I drop.

I tapered last night by 5% it always freaks me out when I taper every single time. I hate being on these meds but I'm scared every time I drop.

Congrats on dropping.  I'm sure it will get easier for you the more times you drop a dose, and see what happens.  Today was a big one for me at 30%.  After this one I think I'll slow down.

[5c...]

Congrats on dropping.  I'm sure it will get easier for you the more times you drop a dose, and see what happens.  Today was a big one for me at 30%.  After this one I think I'll slow down.

Dang you are brave!!!!!!

Dang you are brave!!!!!!

TBH, I think it helps that it's my 4th drop in dosage of this size.  On the other drops, the world didn't end, and I'm still here.  I'm sure as you progress you'll find that the drops get a bit predictable, and easier to deal with. Less being scared of the unknown.  That "what if this dose reduction kicks you in the ass", thought seems to get smaller and smaller each time.

[5c...]

Dang you are brave!!!!!!

TBH, I think it helps that it's my 4th drop in dosage of this size.  On the other drops, the world didn't end, and I'm still here.  I'm sure as you progress you'll find that the drops get a bit predictable, and easier to deal with. Less being scared of the unknown.  That "what if this dose reduction kicks you in the ass", thought seems to get smaller and smaller each time.

I've reduced before but I was having interdose w/ds between doses, once I switched to dosing once a day that all stopped. Nobody could figure out why I was having w/ds like that so I was told to updose and lost 3 weeks of tapering  ::) ::)::) live and learn I guess. I'd be so much further along right now if I had known to just dose once a day instead, my body can't handle the rollercoaster of multiple doses.

Dang you are brave!!!!!!

I've reduced before but I was having interdose w/ds between doses, once I switched to dosing once a day that all stopped. Nobody could figure out why I was having w/ds like that so I was told to updose and lost 3 weeks of tapering  ::) ::)::) live and learn I guess. I'd be so much further along right now if I had known to just dose once a day instead, my body can't handle the rollercoaster of multiple doses.

That is weird, I was the exact opposite.  I was having interdose WD from dosing once a day.  I'd take my xanax at night, and by the time I work up I'de be going through WD all day, till my next dose at night.  I had to start taking doses during the day to stop that.  I guess everybody is different.

It sucks that you lost a few weeks.  I backslid, and did the same a couple months ago, but it's in the past now.  I'm confident you'll get off. 

I gotta say I'd be guessing the updose definitely helped Time. The once a day dosing was just part of the puzzle.

Be careful because I wouldn't be relying on that being the only piece of the puzzle.

If you are dropping like you were last time there is a good chance you'll end up in the same place even dosing once per day. I guess you'll see eh.. Hopefully not

[5c...]

Dang you are brave!!!!!!

That is weird, I was the exact opposite.  I was having interdose WD from dosing once a day.  I'd take my xanax at night, and by the time I work up I'de be going through WD all day, till my next dose at night.  I had to start taking doses during the day to stop that.  I guess everybody is different.

It sucks that you lost a few weeks.  I backslid, and did the same a couple months ago, but it's in the past now.  I'm pretty confident you'll get off.

Yeah you can expect that from Xanax but I was taking Klonopin and Valium and feeling interdose w/d a hour or two after I took it, it was like my body just craved for more and more of it. It was the same with alcohol which led me into this mess, my body after awhile no matter how much I drank it wasn't enough to stop the withdrawals.  Now that I dose once a day I don't feel that rollercoaster of interdose w/d anymore.

[5c...]

I gotta say I'd be guessing the updose definitely helped Time. The once a day dosing was just part of the puzzle.

Be careful because I wouldn't be relying on that being the only piece of the puzzle.

If you are dropping like you were last time there is a good chance you'll end up in the same place even dosing once per day. I guess you'll see eh.. Hopefully not

I don't know if the updose helped or not, I even updosed up to 15mg of Valium at one point and it made everything worse for me. I had only cut once before I figured out my body just was not okay with multiple doses a day. I do think adding Valium is what helped a lot though because it has a longer half life so it does allow me to dose once a day. I can't function on a high dose of Valium and have noticed that it has caused me to feel more depressed thats why I'm cutting down the K first until I'm on only Valium then will updose a little smidge and then cut from there.

Yes valium can cause more depression

Sounds like you are working out what works for you which is what we all gotta do

Good luck as always. Hopefully an easier road this time :)

Yeah you can expect that from Xanax but I was taking Klonopin and Valium and feeling interdose w/d a hour or two after I took it, it was like my body just craved for more and more of it. It was the same with alcohol which led me into this mess, my body after awhile no matter how much I drank it wasn't enough to stop the withdrawals.  Now that I dose once a day I don't feel that rollercoaster of interdose w/d anymore.

Alcohol effects GABA right?  So, is it a matter of still going through alcohol withdrawl maybe?  Like your body is still seeking alcohol's GABA effect, and the benzo isn't enough to meet those demands?

I'm a little ignorant on the issue, but does it take awhile for the body to return to homeostasis after alcohol WD?

[d4...]

I don't know if the updose helped or not, I even updosed up to 15mg of Valium at one point and it made everything worse for me. I had only cut once before I figured out my body just was not okay with multiple doses a day. I do think adding Valium is what helped a lot though because it has a longer half life so it does allow me to dose once a day. I can't function on a high dose of Valium and have noticed that it has caused me to feel more depressed thats why I'm cutting down the K first until I'm on only Valium then will updose a little smidge and then cut from there.

So updosing to 15mg made you feel worse? Same here. How long did you hold that before deciding to cut?

[5c...]

Alcohol effects GABA right?  So, is it a matter of still going through alcohol withdrawl maybe?  Like your body is still seeking alcohol's GABA effect, and the benzo isn't enough to meet those demands?

I'm a little ignorant on the issue, but does it take awhile for the body to return to homeostasis after alcohol WD?

Exactly!!! The benzos are cross tolerant to alcohol so it's essentially like the same thing. My body was addicted to the alcohol, then stupid rehab had me on so ridiculously high doses of benzos for far too many days at all different doses on different days ...one of the days was equivalent to 110mgs of Valium!!! Along with Seroquel, Trazodone, Hydroxyzine, Metroprolol... they were drugging me BIG TIME. Because they polydrugged me so hard my body went into worse withdrawal once I left, I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind, it felt exactly the same as when I tried to c/t the Klonopin about a week or two into use...it was bad..just scary bad.  I definitely was not just going through alcohol w/d at that point, my body was w/ding from a bunch of crap. I'll never know now what would've happened if I tried to just stick it out, in some ways I'm glad I did and in some ways I'm glad I didn't. At least I can sleep and eat now.

[5c...]

So updosing to 15mg made you feel worse? Same here. How long did you hold that before deciding to cut?

I was only on that dose for a couple of days because people on the boards were telling me I needed to updose, I updosed to 12mg that didn't help, I updosed to 15mg that made me worse just made me feel so sick and depressed and I couldn't function. I eventually added back in half Klonopin and half Valium and decided to dose once a day instead of throughout the day and I felt better that same day. I just went back to the dose that I had felt most stable at before and it worked.  I'm at the equivalent to 10mg Valium now, I only stayed at the higher doses for a few days because I just couldn't handle how sick it made me even though I was told over and over that I would eventually stablize at those doses. My body is very sensitive to medications and these medications have never made me feel good.

Exactly!!! The benzos are cross tolerant to alcohol so it's essentially like the same thing. My body was addicted to the alcohol, then stupid rehab had me on so ridiculously high doses of benzos for far too many days at all different doses on different days ...one of the days was equivalent to 110mgs of Valium!!! Along with Seroquel, Trazodone, Hydroxyzine, Metroprolol... they were drugging me BIG TIME. Because they polydrugged me so hard my body went into worse withdrawal once I left, I seriously thought I was going to lose my mind, it felt exactly the same as when I tried to c/t the Klonopin about a week or two into use...it was bad..just scary bad.  I definitely was not just going through alcohol w/d at that point, my body was w/ding from a bunch of crap. I'll never know now what would've happened if I tried to just stick it out, in some ways I'm glad I did and in some ways I'm glad I didn't. At least I can sleep and eat now.

That is a shitty deal, and it sucks that you will never know.  At this point just gotta put your head down, and plow ahead I guess. 

Btw, I think your sig ticker might be wrong.  It says you started at 11, and paid back 0.05.  That would be a 0.45% dose reduction, but didn't you do a 4.5% dose reduction?

[5c...]

That is a shitty deal, and it sucks that you will never know.  At this point just gotta put your head down, and plow ahead I guess. 

Btw, I think your sig ticker might be wrong.  It says you started at 11, and paid back 0.05.  That would be a 0.45% dose reduction, but didn't you do a 4.5% dose reduction?

I just cut 5% yesterday from the equivalent of 11mg Valium. I'm down to 10mg now and already feelin' it.

I just cut 5% yesterday from the equivalent of 11mg Valium. I'm down to 10mg now and already feelin' it.

So, 10 / 11 = 9.1% cut?  Congrats!

[5c...]

Technically no, I'm still on Klonopin if you look at my sig, I cut from .25 Klonopin to .20 Klonopin. I'm trying to drop the Klonopin first then once I get down low enough I will updose a small amount on the Valium and start cutting it. But the equivalent of what I am on is 10mg of Valium now. I should probably take that stupid ticker down it confuses even me.

Technically no, I'm still on Klonopin if you look at my sig, I cut from .25 Klonopin to .20 Klonopin. I'm trying to drop the Klonopin first then once I get down low enough I will updose a small amount on the Valium and start cutting it. But the equivalent of what I am on is 10mg of Valium now. I should probably take that stupid ticker down it confuses even me.

lol, it doesn't take a lot to confused me while I'm tapering.

Or did I technically cut more than 5%???!!!!!! I'm sooooo confused!!!!! Did I cut 9.1%?!!!!!!

I think you did.  But, fwiw, by looking at your sig you've been dropping by more than 5% per week since you started your taper.

[5c...]

Or did I technically cut more than 5%???!!!!!! I'm sooooo confused!!!!! Did I cut 9.1%?!!!!!!

I think you did.  But, fwiw, by looking at your sig you've been dropping by more than 5% per week since you started your taper.

My Dr. put me on a taper schedule of dropping 5% off the original starting amount of .6mg of Klonopin per week. So week one of my taper would be to drop down to .55mg, then next week .50mg then .45 and so on....is this the wrong way to do it?????

My Dr. put me on a taper schedule of dropping 5% off the original starting amount of .6mg of Klonopin per week. So week one of my taper would be to drop down to .55mg, then next week .50mg then .45 and so on....is this the wrong way to do it?????

I mean, that seems like a reasonable plan he had you on to me, but from a stats POV.

.55/.60 = 9.16% reduction.

If he said to drop down 5% each week, then the first week would've been going from .60mg to .57mg. 

If he said to drop down 0.05mg each week, then you did it right, but it was a 9.16% reduction.