Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Update; it seems that no-one is checking this thread any longer. Nevertheless an update from me; I have started with a half tablet of magnesium citrate just before going to bed (100mg). I slept good on it, but after waking up I didn't feel so ok. I am not feeling ok after waking anyway, so I think I will continue using magnesium. The weather is boring here today, it is grey, no sunshine. I am planning to go swimming later on today. And also to play on my alto sax...

Update; it seems that no-one is checking this thread any longer. Nevertheless an update from me; I have started with a half tablet of magnesium citrate just before going to bed (100mg). I slept good on it, but after waking up I didn't feel so ok. I am not feeling ok after waking anyway, so I think I will continue using magnesium. The weather is boring here today, it is grey, no sunshine. I am planning to go swimming later on today. And also to play on my alto sax...

Hello

I see u have used only ambien too like me, I'm 3 months out in two days. I'm just wondering how do u feel now, have you improved a lot? I used stilnoct 5 mg for 5-6 years.

My symptoms are quite manageable, I go to school 3 days a week, halfdays, and I've been walking my dog everyday since I jumped. Some days are worse than others, but I do feel my waves are becoming less severe.

I'm also planning to go swimming soon.

My main symptoms now are joint muscle pain, neck pain, dizziness, nausea and heartburn and the bad mornings with the inner tremblings. I make a smoothie every night before bedtime with banana, kiwi and one advokado(it contains magnesium natural) and a spoon of peanut butter and a little coconut fat. It helps my inner tremblings and I sleep better. My sleep is quite ok now.

Thank you for your update.

Hugs from Norway 🇳🇴

Congratulations Elbette! It sounds like you are doing okay, considering. Hope things continue on an upward trend!

Thank you Meowie  :smitten:

It's manageable, but I think I'm on my way out of a week long wave. I'm in this Tate where I react on anything. I don't even drink decaf tea anymore, just hot water with a dash of coconut fat... and chicken all the time :sick: it's ok but sooo boring.

I'm positive but also really fed up and bored of it all :o

I hope your doing well and there's some progress going on for you too  :smitten:

The weather here in the Chicago area has been grey for most of January. Here's what I do; I challenge the weather, to show that it has no power over me. There has not been a day so far this winter that I have not walked at least two miles continuously, sometimes 2 and a half or three miles. I've got a ski mask, sweatshirts, long underwear, the works. I rarely feel the cold. The only time I don't go out is if it is raining hard. Snow is not a problem, in fact, I prefer walking in the snow, I think it's beautiful. Although I wear waterproof boots. I consider the cold grey days a challenge and I rise to the occasion.

The weather here in the Chicago area has been grey for most of January. Here's what I do; I challenge the weather, to show that it has no power over me. There has not been a day so far this winter that I have not walked at least two miles continuously, sometimes 2 and a half or three miles. I've got a ski mask, sweatshirts, long underwear, the works. I rarely feel the cold. The only time I don't go out is if it is raining hard. Snow is not a problem, in fact, I prefer walking in the snow, I think it's beautiful. Although I wear waterproof boots. I consider the cold grey days a challenge and I rise to the occasion.

Hi GABAreceptors,

I was in Chicago visiting family from the last week of Dec. through Jan. 8. Being from Hawaii, my family and I were really hoping for snow, but you know how that went. We missed the big warm up shortly after, but caught the big freeze while we were there. We probably were both going for long walks in 10 degree weather at the same time. Strange way to live. I have been getting reports about how gray and dreary it has been over there for the past few weeks. We will see what February will bring.

Hi GABAreceptors,

I was in Chicago visiting family from the last week of Dec. through Jan. 8. Being from Hawaii, my family and I were really hoping for snow, but you know how that went. We missed the big warm up shortly after, but caught the big freeze while we were there. We probably were both going for long walks in 10 degree weather at the same time. Strange way to live. I have been getting reports about how gray and dreary it has been over there for the past few weeks. We will see what February will bring.

I used to dream about moving somewhere where it is warm the year 'round, but I think I would miss the winter. Here we really look forward to spring, we appreciate it because the winter seems so dreary and cold. On the other hand, when it is cold there are not as many people out walking; it seems more peaceful especially when it is snowing. Yes, I definitely would miss it.

Ditto here in Mich. I am finding I have akathisia if I don't get enough exercise which for me is 2 mikes outdoors plus either hot yoga or 20-40 minutes biking/elliptical. After a few weeks of that I am so exhausted and finally taking a day off from half of it. But I have been sleeeping sooooo good! I have interstitial cystitis so I wake 1-3 times every 1-2 hours and then I get one or 2 3-4 hour solid blocks. This feels incredible to me! It has been 5 mths since I stopped ambien. Hoping this will give others hope!!!

Hi GABAreceptors,

One thing I'd like to mention. I read in the paper a couple months ago that Hawaii was having a record snowfall. Record snowfall in Hawaii?!? I don't remember which island it is, but they have volcanoes at high elevations and snow fall is not rare. This winter they've had a record snowfall. When I hear about snow, the last place I would think of would be Hawaii.

Hi GABAreceptors,

Yes, we have 2 volcanos on the Big Island of Hawaii that are almost 14,000' high and regularly get a lot of snow. There is also a smaller 10,000' or so volcano on Maui that rarely gets a dusting of snow. People ski on the Big Island mountains, but going from sea level to that high in just a couple of hours takes the wind out of you. Also, the snow tends to end abruptly and turns into sharp lava rock.

You are going to laugh, but the overnight low in my town dropped to 61 degrees last night. For us that is pretty cold since we don't heat our houses and most are not insulated so there is not too much difference between the outside temp and the inside temp. Up on the high volcanos it gets down to the 20's or so and can have winds of hurricane strength. I have had in-laws from Chicago freeze their butts off up on the smaller Maui mountain. The high altitude has a way of really intensifying the cold.

Hello

I see u have used only ambien too like me, I'm 3 months out in two days. I'm just wondering how do u feel now, have you improved a lot? I used stilnoct 5 mg for 5-6 years.

My symptoms are quite manageable, I go to school 3 days a week, halfdays, and I've been walking my dog everyday since I jumped. Some days are worse than others, but I do feel my waves are becoming less severe.

I'm also planning to go swimming soon.

My main symptoms now are joint muscle pain, neck pain, dizziness, nausea and heartburn and the bad mornings with the inner tremblings. I make a smoothie every night before bedtime with banana, kiwi and one advokado(it contains magnesium natural) and a spoon of peanut butter and a little coconut fat. It helps my inner tremblings and I sleep better. My sleep is quite ok now.

Thank you for your update.

Hugs from Norway

I am only using a quarter zopiclone tablet at the moment, I am not feeling good when I wake up, I am not feeling good in my mind, during the day I slowly improve. Swimming helps a lot too. I don't know if I have improved much during the time I tapered zopiclone, it is a long time ago that I tapered it. I am now trying bach flowers, my sleep seems ok now with 'white chestnut', I am also using 'mimulus' and 'mustard', I don't know yet if that has any effect.

Hugs from Holland

• 3 weeks later...
Update;I tried ionized water recently , but it had a wrong effect. My sleeping got worse. Woke up several times and in the end took a quarter Zopiclone extra...very silly of course, because then I end up with a half tablet a night. So no ionized water for me the coming period. Still do my regular activities, swimming, playing sax, painting.... often feeling not good... hug from me, Jerry

Update;I tried ionized water recently , but it had a wrong effect. My sleeping got worse. Woke up several times and in the end took a quarter Zopiclone extra...very silly of course, because then I end up with a half tablet a night. So no ionized water for me the coming period. Still do my regular activities, swimming, playing sax, painting.... often feeling not good... hug from me, Jerry

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling good....

But...

I really dont think you will heal completely unless you completely stop with the zopiclone, the fact that you continue to feed your brain with this stimulant makes it unable to heal.

I had 3 weeks with nearly no sleep after I stopped completely and then it slowly returned again, I now sleep like 6-7 hours straight.

No other remedies will make you heal as long as you're still using the benzo!

Take care :smitten:

I'm an artist as well by the way :thumbsup: painter, ceramics and now studying goldsmith/jewelery  :)

But...

I really don't think you will heal completely unless you completely stop with the zopiclone, the fact that you continue to feed your brain with this stimulant makes it unable to heal.

I had 3 weeks with nearly no sleep after I stopped completely and then it slowly returned again, I now sleep like 6-7 hours straight.

I'm an artist as well by the way :thumbsup: painter, ceramics and now studying goldsmith/jewelery  :)

Ha Elbette,

I discovered something that makes me sleep better en feel better too. That is salt with minerals. This can be either Himalaya salt from Pakistan or Celtic salt. I bought it in the supermarket here. I fill a bottle with water and then add some salt in it. I drink this is in the evening. Now I can finally stop with the zopiclone. Last night I already took less Zopiclone without troubling my sleep. I think you are right about healing, I can only heal when I stop with Zopiclone. Great that you are an artist too, I wish I could see your work..

Hugs from Holland,

Jeroen

But...

I really don't think you will heal completely unless you completely stop with the zopiclone, the fact that you continue to feed your brain with this stimulant makes it unable to heal.

Ha Elbette,

I discovered something that makes me sleep better en feel better too. That is salt with minerals. This can be either Himalaya salt from Pakistan or Celtic salt. I bought it in the supermarket here. I fill a bottle with water and then add some salt in it. I drink this is in the evening. Now I can finally stop with the zopiclone. Last night I already took less Zopiclone without troubling my sleep. I think you are right about healing, I can only heal when I stop with Zopiclone. Great that you are an artist too, I wish I could see your work..

Hugs from Holland,

Jeroen

Hi

Of course I'm right, I'm always :D

I'm happy that you realize that's there's only one way out of this and it's to quit. You will have some months in agony and you will get through like all of us. I think no remedies or supplements can make it faster, there's only time in this journey. So it's just to stay calm, jump and take whatever symptoms there's coming, time will bring you a complete healing, not jumping on and of a benzo, that is only making your cns more vulnerable.

I really really hope you stick to it now.  :thumbsup:

This is my website:

https://imabirdnow.wixsite.com/au3art

All my best to you and take care  :smitten:

Ha Elbette, I will follow your advice, I am not ready to jump now, but I went from 1/4 to 1/8. Taking Celtic salt helped me too. I will go swimming now and after it go to my saxophone lesson, In the evening I will have a meal in a nice restaurant with my parents. I like your jewelery a lot :thumbsup:...kind regards,

Jeroen

Ambien does eventually release its grip on you. I now have completely normal sleeps intermixed with bad nights that are better than the good nights of a year ago. Just wanted to share this with anyone doubting that they will be normal again.

Ambien does eventually release its grip on you. I now have completely normal sleeps intermixed with bad nights that are better than the good nights of a year ago. Just wanted to share this with anyone doubting that they will be normal again.

So true, and my sleep is getting better and better too :thumbsup:

Ha Elbette, I will follow your advice, I am not ready to jump now, but I went from 1/4 to 1/8. Taking Celtic salt helped me too. I will go swimming now and after it go to my saxophone lesson, In the evening I will have a meal in a nice restaurant with my parents. I like your jewelery a lot :thumbsup:...kind regards,

Jeroen

Thank you Jeroen, for the kind words about my jewelry, your art is really good too :thumbsup:

I really really hope you stick to your plan now, no matter what you probably will get some insomnia after you jump, I got that too it lasted 3 weeks and then my sleep slowly came back, and now I sleep sometimes 8 hours straight :D

When the insomnia comes it's just to not care, if I don't sleep then ok was the way I thought, and it helped. Sleep will come back no matter what, ambien on and if will just make you sicker and sicker and destroy you in the end.

Take care now :hug:

Jeroen

Thank you Jeroen, for the kind words about my jewelry, your art is really good too :thumbsup:

I really really hope you stick to your plan now, no matter what you probably will get some insomnia after you jump, I got that too it lasted 3 weeks and then my sleep slowly came back, and now I sleep sometimes 8 hours straight :D

When the insomnia comes it's just to not care, if I don't sleep then ok was the way I thought, and it helped. Sleep will come back no matter what, ambien on and if will just make you sicker and sicker and destroy you in the end.

Take care now :hug:

Ha Elbette,

Thank you for your helping and motivating words! Last night I went to zero zopiclone and slept quite good too. I am not feeling well today, but I relate that to withdrawal symptoms. I know this will last for a couple of days and I will get through that too. Have a nice weekend!

Jeroen

Update; Even with the Celtic salt 'sole' solution, I woke up really early, two hours earlier than normal. It could be because it is my third night without Zopiclone and I am going through withdrawal. I am not feeling well now. I have to stay strong and accept these things as they are. I will fitness later today which helps me to feel better I hope.

Update; Even with the Celtic salt 'sole' solution, I woke up really early, two hours earlier than normal. It could be because it is my third night without Zopiclone and I am going through withdrawal. I am not feeling well now. I have to stay strong and accept these things as they are. I will fitness later today which helps me to feel better I hope.

You are now In w/d and that's just how it is, there's no way around it, no remedies no meds no nothing can take away the w/d and it's just something you and I and so many others have to go through. You will have more bad nights and that's just how it is, stay calm and accept, that's what I did, and I'm now 5 month out and I'm really starting to feel improvements now. Remember to listen to your body, don't push up you self to hard during this, what used to make you feel good before can be a trigger in w/d. Take it easy and you will get through this. I throw out all my meds when I started this, I just wanted to not be tempted and I wanted so much to get that poison out of my life.

You can do it :thumbsup::smitten:

Elbette is right, Lightspacer -- insomnia is how we got on these drugs so its usually the primary symptom we get when getting off of them.  I'm sleeping better now.  Your body was not meant to sleep with brain-altering drugs.  Hang in there.  WBB

Hi Wannabebetter, I just checked in and am so happy to hear that you are sleeping better. I generally am too although sleep fell off the rails for several days last week for some unknown reason. It is hard to settle oneself down again and relax into sleep. I've had a few long sleeps last few days and am feeling so much better. I guess we will always have to be careful  and practice good sleep hygiene and whatever calms us.

Hi Wannabebetter, I just checked in and am so happy to hear that you are sleeping better. I generally am too although sleep fell off the rails for several days last week for some unknown reason. It is hard to settle oneself down again and relax into sleep. I've had a few long sleeps last few days and am feeling so much better. I guess we will always have to be careful  and practice good sleep hygiene and whatever calms us.

Funny you mention those rough days, L - no sooner had I written that my sleep was better when I suddenly had a bad night.  And I knew it was my jangled brain.  The insomnia was from out of the blue - not caffeine, sugar or stress.  So frustrating.  Hope to have a better night.  Looks like we are on a similar timetable.  Keep going.  WBB