Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

thank you so much for your kind and thorough reply. I appreciate it so much. I will continue my Zopi taper, as much as it pains me. I have diazepam lying around as I have used it intermittently but not in any way consistently and only at very low doses, so I thought that might be a better plan as it has a longer half life and I thought the WDs would be easier as it would be a smoother ride with fewer interdose withdrawl crashes. Z is making me so sick. but yes, I think I could be off it in 2 weeks. taken 3.75mg tonight, in a week I can go to half of that and then another week half of that and then I think I will jump.

Good for you mari. I was on zop and desperately wanted off it. I had finished  my valium taper (ugh), and no way was I going to switch the zop for valium, so I just cut up my pills. I got 5 mgs pills from my doc and cut them into quarters. Then I took 1/4 less each week. I hated the way the zop was making me feel and it had long since stopped helping me sleep. Anyhow, I successfully finished my "taper" and never looked back. I tried various things to help with insomnia afterwards (there's an insomnia thread on here to give you some ideas) and finally found what worked for me -- CBD marijuana. Not saying this would work for you, just sayin'.  ;)

I think you're on the right track. Carry on, girl. You'll soon be done! (Oh, I threw all leftover pills --valium and zop -- into the trash. I wanted no temptation. I'm a weak-willed worm).

Best,

Katz

Thanks Katz. sounds like I'm on the right path then. Not long til it's all over now hopefully. I tried CBD in the past but it didn't really do the trick for me - I have wondered if it would now though... back then I was dealing with severe, prolonged untreated b12 deficiency due to pernicious anaemia, so I don't think anything could really blast through that, but I am treated for that now.

did you have any lasting symptoms after you jumped?

No, mari. Just the "usual suspects" -- headache, a bit of dizziness, tinnitus. They all ebbed the longer I was off the drug. As Lady Den said, you'll have to start looking around for insomnia help. It's journey, that's for sure.  ;)

Good luck to you!

Katz

Good morning Team Z. I hope the sleep fairy sprinkled her love on you all last night so you could catch some good snooze. Wishing you all a better day today as well. As for me, I’m battling rough night waves and rough mornings. This far out it seems unreal but it is definitely occurring. I don’t want anyone to think this will be your fate. Everyone is different. Individual genetic make up and the way our bodies heal has its own process. Although pretty much anything we’re going through, we can find some “ me too’s” on this forum. It’s a good thing because atleast we can rest assured that it’s a WD/ after effect thing. I’m so grateful for this forum to have friends like you all who understands this journey. I hope to be reading our success stories soon…including my own because mine will be unbelievable to me to finally write the words “ I am healed!” Wow I can’t wait! This is like waiting a whole year for Xmas as a kid.  :laugh: You know you’ll get all kinds of goodies, make beautiful family memories and eat foods you haven’t had in a long time. When we heal, it will be like that. Our lives will be better than before those pills filled with life changing goodies of appreciation, patience, self love, cherishing the little things, freedom of enjoying life without symptoms. We will rejoin our family activities without being limited or concerned about waves. We can’t get back the years we lost being sick but we definitely can make beautiful new memories. And ohhhh the delicious foods we love can be consumed with no regard of precautions of their contents. So for us, Xmas will be every day! Right now it sounds like a pipe dream, like it’s not even possible because we feel so bad with all these waves of symptoms. But, I’m going to believe our BBs before us that have healed. They also thought the same thing. You know? I’m writing this for anybody that needs some uplifting. This includes myself, I needed to hear this too. When I feel down about my symptoms, I’ll come back to read this. Someone coming after me might need this too just like the ones before us left their encouragement. May we all enjoy our day as best as we can as we put another day of healing behind us.

Love to all ❤️

Thank you Lady Den!!  What an uplifting paragraph!  I'm sorry you are still feeling so rough.  So sorry.  Change is bound to come soon.

I had a couple of good days and the jury is out this morning on this.  I feel a little yuckier than usual this morning but I'm hopeful things will get squared away in the next few hours. 

Best wishes to all here!

Ha Zzers,

I have another tough morning. Feel groggy/ depressed. My house cleaning woman will come at two O’ clock. That is really nice. Yesterday eve my father was here. We watched the European Championships female football final together. England won from Germany. We get some warmer days over here. Huggs.. Jerry  :thumbsup:

Helen you’re most welcome. We all can use encouragement from time to time. Thanks for the well wishes. I also wish you the same. I’m praying that today will be decent for you although this morning is questionable. Honestly you’re doing pretty well under the circumstances. I’m proud of you! You inspire me to try to get up. I wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. 

:smitten: 

Jerry good hearing from you that you’re still going along. Glad you enjoyed the game. Have you been swimming?

Take care my friend

Lightspacer,

I'm sorry for the rough morning you had and hope your day has turned out better after all.  I often feel sick in the morning...not so much depressed as just physically ill.  Hopefully, some day we can wake up and feel vibrant!

Lady Den,

You are so appreciated too!  :smitten: Thanks for telling me that.  I'm doing better.  I have a little bit of a sickish feeling but I'm making soup and taking mini walks out in the heat.  I hope you can get up today and try your walking. Sometimes for me, the fear of having bad balance makes my balance worse.  But you need to be safe so I know you'll follow your instincts.  But I want your confidence to get back up to where it was.

Helen

Helen I’m definitely going to try  :thumbsup:

Yes I need my confidence back! It’s hard when I try and try without success but you know me that I’m not giving up.

Ha Z people,

Tonight was kind of special, an exhibition opened with 9 of my portrait paintings. 4 other artists also were included, also with portraits. I performed with music on my saxophone. A lot of people came to visit the exhibition. Including family and friends…hugg Jerry 🤩

Jerry, do you have a Youtube of yourself playing your sax?  I'd like to see it.  Also many of us would like to see the portraits you painted.

Jerry, do you have a Youtube of yourself playing your sax?  I'd like to see it.  Also many of us would like to see the portraits you painted.

Ha Becksblue,

No, I am not on Youtube. I have a website though. You have to click on the round pictures.

Www.jeroenerkamp.nl

Hug Jerry

Ha Z people,

Tonight was kind of special, an exhibition opened with 9 of my portrait paintings. 4 other artists also were included, also with portraits. I performed with music on my saxophone. A lot of people came to visit the exhibition. Including family and friends…hugg Jerry 🤩

Wow, Jerry! This is wonderful! I opened your website and your work is so great. And how special that you got to also play your sax.  That must have been a beautiful evening for you.  I have a lot of artists and musicians in my family so I enjoyed looking at your site very much. You are quite talented!  I hope you are feeling ok.

Helen

I am having quite a rough time with this taper friends... well really I think it's just the effects of the drug itself (zop). I'm on 3.75mg (half a tablet) and then plan was to go down to 1.875mg tomorrow night. I feel brain damaged. I have no motivation. I'm struggling to do basic tasks, housework, feeding myself, buying food. I'm just overwhelmed by everything...

Thanks Jerry for sharing! Being an artist myself I really enjoyed your work. You’re very talented. What a great evening you had. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Hugs

Jerry, your artwork is very nice indeed and you're quite talented.  I took a required Speech class in college one time and took a watercolor I had done to give a speech about watercolor painting and I forgot to take my paint brush and had to give my speech without it.  That was a tough one for me.

Sleepyjo it IS a Zdrug thread but we also celebrate each other’s accomplishments as we are healing and get back to enjoying life. This is a SHARING forum. Sharing of anything is always welcomed. I will say that because of what we’re going through, there’s a lot of woes and sharing of feeling awful daily so when POSITIVE things are shared that’s awesome! Wouldn’t anyone rather hear about good things too?

I don’t see ANY harm in anybody sharing positive things with their friends here. I LOVE it!

Once again, Jerry, congrats on your art gallery success as you pushed through your symptoms to make it a success. Thank you for sharing it with us with the intention of putting a smile on our faces.

Becks I’m sure that was an uncomfortable situation but it sounds like you made it work. Way to go!

Happy Sunday to Team Z!

May today bring us all a nice peaceful day to enjoy the sunshine with friends and family. I hope all of you get relief from your symptoms/waves. Happy healing!

And remember that today is another day that healing is taking place even if it doesn’t feel like it.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you all for your positive response on my paintings! Thank you Ladyden for being positive about posting positive things here, and not only about medication etc. I am going swimming later today, and my father will come here for a meal with me. The Dutch football competition starts this weekend, so we are going to watch that too. Hugggs Jerry  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Jerry it sounds like a fun day with your dad. Have yourselves some good food and laughs!  :thumbsup: Enjoy, my friend. And you’re very welcome! Positives are VERY welcome anywhere on this forum! The more the better.