Scary brain changes today

[In...]

I remember reading where someone explained that while one part of our cns is being repaired it functions erratically.

I believe it means that while we are having a symptom, our cns is actually repairing.

I sure hope yours gets repaired quickly and you start feeling better.

Unfortunately we only have words to describe our experiences. Im sure two people could experience the same thing but describe it differently.

I can feel an episode come on, sometimes it comes quick and sometines gradual. I find it peaks which doesn't last longer that say 20-30min and slowly goes down. The severe DP/DR can last for hours, in fact it's been virtualy present for 85-95% of my hours awake. I know for sure the anxiety can make it worse but who wouldnt get anxious ?? I do my best to not focus on reality because being trapped inside this Fog cage would make a person go nuts. I feel the only wat to get through this is to accept it.. I know it seems like a nightmare but we must beleive one day we will wake up noticing the windows getting longer.

All the best,

Fonz

Woofs

What kind of reaction do you get to chocolate? I'm trying to figure out if I have started having issues from my love chocolate haha.  Body pain and tension that is unrelenting today and I had a bunch of chocolate almonds and pieces.

Hi cirerecrem

I get intense physical anxiety and electric burning stinging sensation in my chest, hands and lower legs after chocolate, like intense bee stings, but whatever it is my hole being becomes anxious, I could chocolate till the cows came home before withdrawal, I have tried each month to try again and each time I get the same reaction, it makes me cry when it happens for 2 reasons:

1 I love chocolate and have eaten it all my life

2, The feelings and reaction it causes is so intense it makes me want to jump out of my skin.

If on the times I try is late at night then im guaranteed no sleep and will spend the entire night been electrocuted with physical anxiety.

Do you get anything similar, the thoughts of never been able to enjoy chocolate, Chinese or Alcohol again is too much to bear!!!!

I have not tried Alcohol yet as im too scared based on what I read on here and on the 2 occasions I have tried Chinese when I was early off benzos the reaction after eaten it was indescribable torture, then I found out about MSG and this was the only explanation for the intense physical anxiety it caused... I was literally climbing the walls for about 2 days, how can this be when I used to eat Chinese twice a week before benzo withdrawal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all goes beyond any belief!!!!

Cheers

Woofs

I posted this a while back, thought It may relate.

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in hearing from anyone that get's the following symptom. I have yet to find anyone and I feel a bit anxious about it.

Here are examples of what I have experienced.

Have you ever watched a movie with a mental institution where there is a patient who is in a wheel chair completely oblivious to the reality and the world? Like they just stare as though there minds are completely gone? Well up until now I could never fully grasp it, now I do. It's happened to me for real. During these episodes if there are people around me I hear them talking to me but what they say doesn't process normally and I don't reply. It's impossible to explain how distant from reality I can get. It's like I cease to exist, my inner soul feels like it goes blank. I'm not talking derealization or depersonalization I'm talking next stage is to drool and not know it.

I have experienced DR and DP and brain fog a lot but this is VERY beyond. It's like a portal to another dimension haha.. Luckily I come back!

It's useless going to the doctor, I will be put on meds... We all know this.

Anyone?

Sound familiar Innadaze?  Or am I alone ?  :P

Hi Fonz

I used to get this a lot, still do but not everyday for months like before, now I just get little episodes most days.

I have never drooled but the blank stare and hearing all going on but not part of it has been a big part of my DP

Sometimes even when I get it now I get a horrible fear feeling in my stomach that something is very wrong with my brain and this is how I am now, even when I get a little relief from it I still worry that this will keep happening forever, I worry that we will always just have breaks from it but we are now so damaged that it now part of the new us, what a scary thought to have.

I hope all those who say they had it and it is now gone are correct and that in time it will also go away for us.

I honestly do not know how we get through this, the suffering and torture we go through mentally is unbearable and even though I want to give up all day everyday there is no where to escape from it, there is no going back so all we can do is go forward and hope and pray we both survive this.

Best Wishes

Woofs

Fonz I get this too. It's part of the gripping paranoia that is often very irrational. I don't know where it comes from, but it's scary. Rather that fearing being instituionalized I keep thinking today is my last day alive. What will things be like if I'm gone tomorrow?  What is death like?  Very scary, very frustrating.

As Woofs said, thankfully it's not a permanent feeling and it comes and goes in waves. Still very scary though.

Wishing you all a fabulous window! :smitten:

Sometimes even when I get it now I get a horrible fear feeling in my stomach that something is very wrong with my brain and this is how I am now, even when I get a little relief from it I still worry that this will keep happening forever, I worry that we will always just have breaks from it but we are now so damaged that it now part of the new us, what a scary thought to have.

Woofs - I feel the same way and the thought of this not ending is horrific. I also pray we both survive this as day's like the last few for me make me question everything. I go to bed sick and the moment I open my eyes the next day I know if I'm still in the jello/fog mode. Who wants to get out of bed like this?? I'm having to get people to make food for me lately, it's ridiculous. I had to wait all day to feel good enough to even come on here and be able to reply. It's very easy to feel alone through all this, I know we have benzobuddies but as soon as we log off we are alone. Some of us may have people next to us in our lives but mentally we are still alone. We are strong and we MUST keep being strong. It's easy to think how much better it would feel to give up but in reality we have one single chance here so let's see if we can pull though this!  Imagine if we suffer for a while and than suddenly we get better??? The possible years ahead are priceless.

Woofs, these burning sensations, are they like electric hot pins and needles? Some feel like a hot blade dragging across the skin?? I had this last night on my left lower shoulder/chest and under the arm and down my side. It scared the hell out of me... It only lasted for a minute though.. I hope it's not like that because that's some strange scary feelings... Like actual burning heat, like a hot tattoo gun or something.  Perhaps what I had was different?  I have never felt it before though I can safely say that.

Innadaze, Coasterguy, mrtmeo, Svenhoak and everyone else -  This is some scary stuff to deal with, at least we have each other on here!  Let's continue to support one another.

Fonz

Woofs - I feel the same way and the thought of this not ending is horrific. I also pray we both survive this as day's like the last few for me make me question everything. I go to bed sick and the moment I open my eyes the next day I know if I'm still in the jello/fog mode. Who wants to get out of bed like this?? I'm having to get people to make food for me lately, it's ridiculous. I had to wait all day to feel good enough to even come on here and be able to reply. It's very easy to feel alone through all this, I know we have benzobuddies but as soon as we log off we are alone. Some of us may have people next to us in our lives but mentally we are still alone. We are strong and we MUST keep being strong. It's easy to think how much better it would feel to give up but in reality we have one single chance here so let's see if we can pull though this!  Imagine if we suffer for a while and than suddenly we get better??? The possible years ahead are priceless.

Woofs, these burning sensations, are they like electric hot pins and needles? Some feel like a hot blade dragging across the skin?? I had this last night on my left lower shoulder/chest and under the arm and down my side. It scared the hell out of me... It only lasted for a minute though.. I hope it's not like that because that's some strange scary feelings... Like actual burning heat, like a hot tattoo gun or something.  Perhaps what I had was different?  I have never felt it before though I can safely say that.

Innadaze, Coasterguy, mrtmeo, Svenhoak and everyone else -  This is some scary stuff to deal with, at least we have each other on here!  Let's continue to support one another.

Fonz

Hi Fonz

I know all you talk about, even down to the food and been to weak to do anything until evening.

Yes the burning is like electric hot pins and needles and mine goes right through the bones sometimes, I also get it sometimes intense in my left shoulder, but every morning I have it in my chest and lower legs and some mornings my fingers, its a very hard to explain symptom but on here we get it, I have tried to explain it to the Neuro and my family but they don't get it as all my tests where normal.

Mine starts at 5am and goes away around 3pm everyday, sometimes I will get in the evening after eating, certain foods will bring in on also but no food in particular, as sometimes I will eat ice cream and no reaction and other times I will eat it and the burning will start within 10mins so it completely baffles me what is safe and not safe to eat to avoid it, I try and avoid all MSG and Sugar and I have not had a beer since I started my taper so that now almost 17months ago, I am too scared to try a beer until im at least 6 months healed and with the length of time its taken me to heal it might be a long time yet before im brave enough to try a beer. I miss it so much as me and my buddies used to go out every weekend, they all still go out but ive long lost touch with them all..

I've lost everything I had ( Bar my Fiancee ) cause of this withdrawal and I don't know if I will ever be the same again.

But as you say I will keep strong and keep soldering on, got no other choice!!!!

Best Wishes

Woofs

Woofs - I honestly didn't get the burning sensations either until experiencing it. It was always a symptom I never got. Have you found any information explaining what it is?? I have only experienced it once and I also had it in my leg as you mentioned.

I know what you mean by drinking buddies. In my case I discovered that some of them are not real friends as they stopped contacting me ever since I could not drink anymore. I even had one say to me "What has happened to you, you are no fun anymore". Anyhow that upset me even though I know they just don't understand.  I certainly miss all the good times, I just remain regretful that I got the chance to experience them as some do not.

A lot of people mention sugar causing symptoms but I'm still trying to figure out why. I get that it would rev up the nervous system and cause anxiousness, is that what people mean?? Of course the side effect of anxiety alone cause a lot of the S/X's people describe.

Fonz