What's Your Opinion of the Best AD..You tried for Major Depression?

[Mr...]

Yes Ive been there, am there. I just wish I could have some energy some life in me. I wouldnt care much about emotional blunting as long as I could function again to some degree. After trying so many of them I have pretty much given up.

If i do try, i need to go to some of the older ones like Nardil.

[1d...]

I've tried most all of the SSRI's, Effexor, Wellbutrin....nada. Wellbutrin seemed to give me a little energy for a while but what I discovered was that it was cranking up my anxiety which was mediated by the kpin. Once the kpin reached tolerance wd, I couldn't tolerate the Wellbutrin....waaaay too much anxiety. Effexor gave me permanent palpitations and messed with my heart rate and the brain zaps were miserable. I thought it was the worst wd ever until I started wd of kpin lol. The SSRI's just plain did nothing for me. I wish there was a magic pill that would lift me out of this pit but there isn't. I just have to hope that once my brain heals from the benzo damage, the depression will lift at least some. Any amount would be better than none.

And I love how the docs phrase it "failed on Effexor"..."failed on Celexa"...."failed on Wellbutrin"....how bout YOU failed ME when you told me I'd need to be on meds the rest of my life, including clonopin???? My only failure was being ignorant and I'm not now...so  :tickedoff:

None of them ever worked for me, all they did to me was damage. If I had realized it earlier, I wouldn't be here trying to get off of Klonopin. And Cymbalta WD was long and AWFUL (although still not nearly as bad as Klonopin WD).

I guess ADs work for some people, but no one can tell if they'll work for you, or if a specific AD will or won't work for you. I wouldn't wish taking ADs (and WD from ADs) on my worst enemy, but some people say it was a life saver to them, and I respect their opinion.

My dr. recommended I start Luvox?  said it was an older SSRI, works faster, but stronger than clexa, zoloft, etc...Any one tried or headr of this.. He said I was severly depressed, and if from taper besides underlying depression, he said my sxs are severe to warrent med.. I have not filled it yet...Any feedback welcomed... thanks, rosegal

Hope someone can chime in RG. I have heard  of it. Hopefully someone will come in and give an opinion.

I hate to tell you to google it and look for reviews but i would. Problem is the reviews are usually mixed and we tend to focus on the negative ones....then we are scared out of even trying.

• 2 weeks later...

Do some research on these meds: they are not what you think they are.

Look up Peter Gotzsche's book and read the reviews before you alter more of your already screwed up brain chemistry.  The book is 'Deadly Medicines and Organized Crime'.

Placebo is a very powerful thing.

Big Pharma is damaging the population by pushing the 'chemical imbalance' theory.  It has been debunked.  Please educate yourself.

cookienose...I know..I am so depressed that they wanted me in hospital. I am trying this at a low amt..If no help in another week, Im off it...dr. said to give it 2 weeks...I'll try

The valium and taper from benzos has me so depressed...

almost not functioning well...

Just scared my friend...

The thing is: ADs are what alters your brain chemistry.  It's our enviroments that need to change.  You are more powerful than you think. 

Check out the thread about docs getting kickbacks from pharma for prescribing their drugs.

Community not drugs!

I agree ADs are crap. What i dont understand is why i became depressed (before any benzos) when my life was perfect.

Great job, family etc...What would explain this. Nothing was bad in my life, it was golden.