Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

When will sex drive return?

[...]

At 5 months off, I have no sex drive. Libido = zero. It's funny because during my taper and the first 2 or 3 months off benzos, my libido increased immensely. I would call it hypersexuality. However, from then on, it took a 180 degree turn, and progressively decreased to the point where I can't really feel anything. The sensation of anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure) and apathy (lack of motivation) are quite similar and seem to fall under this feeling of 'numbness' and malaise. The mood swings and extreme emotionality transformed into a constant flatline.

When will it come back? Who else has lost their sex drive? Did it return for you? Did you or do you also have apathy?

Ok I'm a female so I'm not sure if its any different. I recently noticed about two months ago ( 6 months post) that I'm a lot more interested;))) I have had some pretty great dreams also. I feel attractive again, so that helps a ton. I had apathy bad a few months and no sex drive. I still get days of mild apathy but not as bad. Maybe some guys will chime in..

Like all the other symptoms this too will wax and wane throughout withdrawal. It will appear out of nowhere only to disappear in a flash. Use it or lose it  :)

I wasn't too "motivated" for my first 3-4 months. During my fourth month things began to "heat up" again, so now that I have hit six months off I'm raring to go! My wife doesn't seem too interested, so I guess I will be, uh, having a lot of sex in the near future with myself...

:angel:

Have you tried any supplements to assist with that? I've had success with ZMA (zinc, magnesium, and B6). Take it an hour before bedtime and it may help you sleep. Bodybuilders use it to maximize their natural testosterone levels. A herb that reportedly helps modestly improve naturally testosterone levels is Tribulus.