FROM HELL TO WELL

[...]

I NEEDED THIS! Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your story. Between Lyme Disease and tapering off of Lorazepam I sometimes feel like I won't get my life back. I was in my truck this morning after a vestibular physical therapy appt crying my eyes out because by balance is off and I can't stand still. It is due to Lyme but the Lorazepam has ehanced it big time. We won't know what symptoms are what until I'm off this stupid abx.

But thank you so much and I will read the success stories more often. They give me hope.

Much love to you Lizzy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ma...]

• [Ca...]

• [Ja...]

Read your story agin today cause i cant find anything to relieve this constipation. It is insufferable.

What the?

:laugh:

If you read something when your'e on the toilet it is supposed to relax your mind in a way that helps you poop.  :thumbsup:

I've read a few success stories whilst on the can. It does help too. It must be a man thing lol.

Read your story agin today cause i cant find anything to relieve this constipation. It is insufferable.

Hi esty,

I'm so sorry you are having a tough withdrawal.  I, too, have had issues with constipation as well as diarrhea.  But at 15 months my digestion has greatly improved.  Yours will too.

I hope you are proud of yourself; you were able to successfully quit benzodiazepines.  Many here are simply unable to get off due to punishing withdrawal symptoms.  You will find that the worst of your symptoms will begin to diminish.  And always look back to see how far you have come.  What works for me is to ignore the "windows and waves", and focus on your baseline of healing. 

:smitten:

Quote from: Xana on March 31, 2014, 09:00:59 am

What the?

:laugh:

If you read something when your'e on the toilet it is supposed to relax your mind in a way that helps you poop.  :thumbsup:

I thought you meant Lizzy's story gave you the sh*ts, as we say here in Oz. Whew!  ;)

LOL xana im sure its true if I can be helpful in anyway that's a good thing.  Im ten days away from two years and feeling so fabulous loving life omg so much nothing can hold me back after that hell hole of benzo withdrawal I so don't need to be here but if just knowing that someone reads this success story knows that you DO GET WELL no matter how dead you are feeling holy shit I was so bad I cant even remember that person.  Im now a super fit person with curly hair can you believe what this shit did I had straight hair now its curly wtf anyway whatever I love it but just keep pushing through you can all do this.  Even in your darkest dead days just hold on for grim death I ct 4mg of Xanax and a rapid 18 day taper of 45mg of valium and I did it and so can you.  I had a dreadful adverse reaction to all that crap it was a living hell I wanted to die every single day for months and months but thank god I didn't thanks to bb and my mates here im alive to tell the story not that anyone in the real world wants to hear it haha they just don't know how awesome we are.  If id have broken my leg someone would have bought me a damn present but I was stuck inside for nearly 16 months and no one baked me as much as a cake.  anyway screw them I have new friends now much better than ever before.  Love to you all hang tight the ends in sight.  xoxoxxox

Hey Lizzie,

Laying here on my couch today, like everyday for the past 10+ months….

I wondered again today how much longer this can possibly go on?….I know it will go on until I am healed.

Your post today helped me almost as much as your original success story.

At some point the balloon inside my head will deflate and the muscles in my neck and upper back will come back to life.

I just have to believe and continue on….

You are so right, if I had broken my leg I would have gotten medical attention…..and maybe some help or disability….but no one can see this and no one knows how bad you feel….and at almost 18 months out, it seems impossible that I still feel this badly…

One day it will turn around…..I just keep moving forward….

Thank you so much for coming back and posting your story…it has honestly saved me today.

Much love and healing,

Causing

Lizzy - what a remarkable story and great list!  Many will come back to it, no doubt.  A big congratulations.  I'm so happy you're out and about, enjoying life.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dear Lizzy,

That's our tough little Aussie!!!  So good to read this, sorry I didn't post sooner, haven't been on much.  I followed you from the get go, and looked so forward to reading this wonderful story.  Congratulations to you dear girl.  My best always to you.

Hugs, Pattylu :smitten: :smitten:

Great post Lizzy! Congrats. You should be very proud of just how far you have come. Thank you so much for sharing,truly inspirational!  :smitten:

Thanks so much guys for your lovely kind words.  On the 11 April I was two years off I really did mean to come and write that but honestly I just forgot.  This is what happens eventually you will just forget like having a baby oh you don't completely forget the pain but eventually it just drifts from your consciousness and its a faded memory.  Seriously Im not even joking about saying you will be better than ever before.  I do come back and write every now and then because I know its what kept me alive and that is reading those who travelled the path of hell before me and paved it with great intent.  You know paying it forward.  This was once my lifeline from the time I woke up till the time I went into a hell induced sleep full of fear and terror.  Now a days I love going to bed and I love getting up.  Hang on please never give up ever read this over and over again it will pass its not you its the stupid benzo brain telling you ridiculous things.  Honestly that's the only way I got through was saying it to myself its not you its the damn drug.  Just keep going and going I felt like this for seriously well into around 16 months I had ok days but no real windows as such and then things started getting better gradually.  Time my beautiful people is what will heal and no one can tell you how long that time is ya know the old joke how long is a piece of string?  except there is no answer.  Sending so much love to you all wish I could hug you all and let you know its going to be ok because it really will be ok.

Just a note remaining symptoms would have to be tiny little waves of maybe feeling a bit teary but isn't that normal to? haha maybe ive turned normal lmao nah I dont think so im never going to be normal whatever that is.

Lizzy xoxo

What a beautiful post, I sobbed all the way through it.....way to go !  Go!  Be Free!  Get back your lost years!  What a wonderful story.  Still sobbing!  Love it!  My dried up eyes really needed this one!

• 1 month later...

15. I found great help in helping others anything to distract yourself I don't regret a thing even the inhouse fighting on bb kept me alive. 

16. Choose your friends wisely I mean there are sick people on here but there are sick people if ya know what I mean.

17. Recovery is not linear that's the truth one step forward two steps back

18. A window is something you open to let fresh air In don't expect just because you are not getting windows you are not healing

19. You will stop pacing the floors

20. YOU WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN

You so rock Lizzy! Thank you again for your post!!!! I can't wait to stop pacing the floors...I do balance exercises every single day. The day I stop pacing is the day I can run again, walk, dance, etc and have perfect balance!

Thanks for stopping by!  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lizzy, as you can see I am a little over 5 months off and today I am in a huge wave. Thank you, you dear sweet precious one for sharing your stuff. You give me hope. I just needed a jump start again. This really threw me for a loop this morning. Its a bad one. Thank you!!!!!

Love Jackie :smitten: :smitten: