Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Chrysanthemum's Story.

[ch...]

Hi Chrysanthemum,

Congratulations and Thank You for writing your success story,  I'm so happy to read your enjoying life again.

Molly :smitten:

I see you are on your way to improvement, too! I hope so!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ch...]

• [mp...]

• [ca...]

• [pi...]

Dear Chrys,

I don't come on the forum as much as I used to since my eye problem.  I just happened to catch your success story.  I am so happy for you.

I have had to delay my taper because of my eye.  I am hoping that it will heal and then I can start to taper again, but now it is out of the question.  It is hard some days because I know the pills are causing me some problems, but just try to ignore as much as possible.  I have another shot in my eye this coming Monday.  That has been one every month since January.  My doctor is encouraged so I am too.

It is helpful to know what you ate and did.  Do you know how Hope is?  I still pray for her. 

Have a good life and enjoy it!

Hugs,

Popcornlady

Dear Chrys,

I don't come on the forum as much as I used to since my eye problem.  I just happened to catch your success story.  I am so happy for you.

I have had to delay my taper because of my eye.  I am hoping that it will heal and then I can start to taper again, but now it is out of the question.  It is hard some days because I know the pills are causing me some problems, but just try to ignore as much as possible.  I have another shot in my eye this coming Monday.  That has been one every month since January.  My doctor is encouraged so I am too.

It is helpful to know what you ate and did.  Do you know how Hope is?  I still pray for her. 

Have a good life and enjoy it!

Hugs,

Popcornlady

Hey! It is nice to hear from you. I am really sorry about your eye and I am glad that the Dr. is encouraged. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hope is struggling with the treatments for Lyme Disease, poor dear. I am sure she appreciates your prayers. Thank you so much for your well wishes. Take care of yourself, friend!

Chysanthemum,

Thanks so much for posting your success story. I remember your posts from a year or two back when I was beginning my taper (but I've been mostly a lurker here). I moved to a smaller FB forum when someone kindly pointed me to an expert on liquid micro tapering after my 10 year debacle of failed dry cutting attempts and when that forum closed, I decided to put my benzo taper in the background of my life and I only pop by here to read success stories like yours during the occasional rough patches. Yours is wonderful :)

I feel I've experienced much healing as with my slow taper and except for fatigue and inability to exercise, I'm mostly very functional these days. And even my energy level is improving. I definitely think it's important to read  A LOT in the beginning for support, validation, and strategies for what works. But then, once you know what to do and see that it's working, less is more :)

Wishing you excellent health!

Bubbles

PS For those wondering about diet suggestions, my experience: I have never had food sensitivities but things that will derail my taper are definitely caffeine (even decaffe coffee) and any green veggies with the P450 enzyme. (Google.) These include cabbage, kale, and broccoli. They speed up the metabolism of your benzo which is never good. I have felt FAB for months now and started cheating w/ broccoli one night, a little extra chocolate and two cups of decaffe and am now paying for it. The good news is I have learned how to better accept the waxing and waning of sx without my pre-tapering panic. It really IS temporary :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chrysanthemum.  I have just been diagnosed with ic and have been in horrible pain for the past month.  I ctd ativan almost 2 years ago and am still struggling quite a bit.  Would you mind sharing your story of if and weather or not you are in remission?  I made the mistake of looking on line and fear that this is permanent. :(

So happy you are healed!

Chysanthemum,

Thanks so much for posting your success story. I remember your posts from a year or two back when I was beginning my taper (but I've been mostly a lurker here). I moved to a smaller FB forum when someone kindly pointed me to an expert on liquid micro tapering after my 10 year debacle of failed dry cutting attempts and when that forum closed, I decided to put my benzo taper in the background of my life and I only pop by here to read success stories like yours during the occasional rough patches. Yours is wonderful :)

I feel I've experienced much healing as with my slow taper and except for fatigue and inability to exercise, I'm mostly very functional these days. And even my energy level is improving. I definitely think it's important to read  A LOT in the beginning for support, validation, and strategies for what works. But then, once you know what to do and see that it's working, less is more :)

Wishing you excellent health!

Bubbles

PS For those wondering about diet suggestions, my experience: I have never had food sensitivities but things that will derail my taper are definitely caffeine (even decaffe coffee) and any green veggies with the P450 enzyme. (Google.) These include cabbage, kale, and broccoli. They speed up the metabolism of your benzo which is never good. I have felt FAB for months now and started cheating w/ broccoli one night, a little extra chocolate and two cups of decaffe and am now paying for it. The good news is I have learned how to better accept the waxing and waning of sx without my pre-tapering panic. It really IS temporary :)

Thank you for your good wishes. I hope you keep improving! :) It IS really hard to accept those symptoms as temporary because they feel never-ending. Good luck!!

Hi Chrysanthemum.  I have just been diagnosed with ic and have been in horrible pain for the past month.  I ctd ativan almost 2 years ago and am still struggling quite a bit.  Would you mind sharing your story of if and weather or not you are in remission?  I made the mistake of looking on line and fear that this is permanent. :(

So happy you are healed!

I was diagnosed many years ago with IC and it has been an ongoing struggle for me. I am NOT in remission but I do manage my symptom severity by taking Elmiron and following the IC diet very strictly. I suggest you look into the ICA which gives out great information and support about IC. Also, there is a lot of information out there about Aloe Vera pills, which have helped many people with their symptoms.

It is not an easy thing to manage, but it IS manageable. Honestly, diet is key. I drink nothing but water, as so many things flare me up. If you have survived a C/T of ativan, you will survive this! Good luck!!

I have read your story before, but for some reason today, your story is especially poignant.

Thank you for coming back and thank you for sticking with it and posting your success story.

I hope you only continue to do better and better.

Stay healthy and drug free.

Much love and healing,

Causing

• 2 weeks later...

I have read your story before, but for some reason today, your story is especially poignant.

Thank you for coming back and thank you for sticking with it and posting your success story.

I hope you only continue to do better and better.

Stay healthy and drug free.

Much love and healing,

Causing

Thank you for your well wishes!

I wish you much healing, too!

:smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all!

I wrote my Success Story six months ago and I am just checking in with a progress report. Every day I feel just a bit better. The biggest change is that I am now excercising an hour a day, every other day. In a gym. With real people! I had been in PT off and on for the better part of three years so this is a big thing for me. I ride a bike, do some machines and lift weights. When I was going off meds, one of the biggest side effects I had was that feeling of lead in the veins. EVERYTHING was so hard to do, from taking a shower to walking up the stairs to doing dishes. All those things are easier now, things I do with no thought at all.

I NEVER thought that the withdrawal symptoms would end. I was sick for three years. My mother recently told me that my entire family thought I would be bedridden for life, that they had never seen someone so sick, for so long. That is all behind me now and but a distant memory. I rarely think about benzo withdrawal anymore and I am beyond grateful I have healed.

YOU will heal, too.

Hang in there. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hugs!

Chrysanthemum  :smitten:

:thumbsup:

Dear chrysanthemum

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your healing.  It's people like you here on BB that gives so many of us hope.  I am still having bad days but good ones also.  Hoping that this is a good sign  healing.  I get so weary and hopeless but come here to read success stories only.  Best wishes for your continued healing and good health.  God bless.

Galea

Thank you so much for your story.

I am 3 months away from the end of my taper and it is so encouraging to read that it gets better once you off the meds. I read all these horror stories of people suffering more once they take their final dose. I understand that it might take some time for all the symptoms to go but as long as I start feeling better and not worse once I get off this poison I can handle that.

Well done on getting off the meds...and I pray that God continues to heal you completely!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so very happy for you.  It gives all of us hope for the future.  I know I will remember what you went thru when I start my taper again.  Just to know that you are out there living your life is all we need to know to give us encouragement.

Hugs,

Popcornlady

• 2 months later...

:thumbsup:

Dear chrysanthemum

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your healing.  It's people like you here on BB that gives so many of us hope.  I am still having bad days but good ones also.  Hoping that this is a good sign  healing.  I get so weary and hopeless but come here to read success stories only.  Best wishes for your continued healing and good health.  God bless.

Galea

Keep reading those success stories! One day it will be YOU, I promise.

xo Chrysanthemum

Thank you so much for your story.

I am 3 months away from the end of my taper and it is so encouraging to read that it gets better once you off the meds. I read all these horror stories of people suffering more once they take their final dose. I understand that it might take some time for all the symptoms to go but as long as I start feeling better and not worse once I get off this poison I can handle that.

Well done on getting off the meds...and I pray that God continues to heal you completely!!!

Thank you. I hope that you are on the road to good health! As time passes, I just feel stronger and better. YOU will, too. Hang in there. There are better days ahead!

xo Chrysanthemum

I am so very happy for you.  It gives all of us hope for the future.  I know I will remember what you went thru when I start my taper again.  Just to know that you are out there living your life is all we need to know to give us encouragement.

Hugs,

Popcornlady

Popcorn Lady,

I just now saw this post from months ago. Thank you for your good wishes. I have always appreciated your interest and your kindness. I know you have some health issues to battle and I wish you well. The goal is to feel good so however that comes about for you is a good thing, taper or not.

Every month brings additional healing for me. I wish the same for you.

xo Chrysanthemum

When I pictured writing my success story, I thought I would just wake up one day, feel great, and write the post. It was a lot more gradual than that. Waaay too gradual for the most part...

I think of all of you often and pray for your success. So many of you helped me on this journey at different times so THANK YOU, all of you! You are a courageous bunch and I have learned a lot from you. This forum is a valuable resource for many and I applaud the efforts of all who run it.

A few weeks ago, I went to pick up my son at his college which is about a 2.5 hour drive away. I had car trouble and broke down in a very small town on Labor Day weekend, where most everything was closed. To make a long story short, what would normally be a five hour round trip took about nine hours with lots of things that went wrong along the way. It didn't faze me in the least. I was pleasant and problem solved and eventually we all got where we needed to go. After surviving the hell that was a benzo/opiate taper, I welcome normal life problems. I shrug my shoulders, count my blessings, and carry on.

I wish you all a return to the ebbs and flow of a normal life. Honestly, if I can recover, anyone can.

LOVE,  :smitten:

Chrysanthemum

PS OMG, I did it!

Thank you for this post....my God...you did it! It's funny...even during W/D I welcome normal things and know how to not take on other stuff because it will hurt the healing process and I don't need that.

Thank you so much for your story...my most disturbing symptoms...off balance which you experienced...heightened anxiety, some muscle weakness and this weird rock the boat sensation. But I thank God for the dreams I have had nightly...each one about my total healing and what I will be like. I am looking forward to being totally healed and coming back like you and sharing my success story.  :smitten:

The biggest change is that I am now excercising an hour a day, every other day. In a gym. With real people! I had been in PT off and on for the better part of three years so this is a big thing for me. I ride a bike, do some machines and lift weights. When I was going off meds, one of the biggest side effects I had was that feeling of lead in the veins. EVERYTHING was so hard to do, from taking a shower to walking up the stairs to doing dishes.

Huge congrats!! This is wonderful to hear. I am still tapering (2+ years now) but the weakness issue you describe is my main symptom. I had a 7 week period two years ago where I was too weak to cut with a knife :/ Happy to say that (slooooooooow) healing has been happening during this taper and actually went on vacation with my husband recently where I did two 30 minute hikes (not to mention being out and about all day every day for 6 days as long as I took a brief nap). Best part was there was no fall out crash when I got home. First summer I've been out gardening like a fiend.

So anyway, just wanted to express my huge appreciation for confirming that some day I might too work out an hour daily like normal people. It's a beautiful thing to get your life back :)

• 6 months later...

Hello old friends,

I was stopping by to reply to a PM so I thought I would say hello. I am just shy of two years opiate free and I am three years benzo free. Since I have written my success story my health continues to improve and for the most part I am symptom free. I still have to be careful of neurotoxins in food as they can give me a bit of a flare up, but other than that, I am doing well. I am busy doing lots of different things unimaginable to me a few years back and I am happy.

When I was going through drug withdrawal for a good two years, the days were awful and endless. I could not imagine being well although I was hopeful things would get better. They are better, better than I had even hoped for. Those endless days are really a distant memory for me. I rarely, if ever, think about them.

Right before Christmas I took a road trip half way across the country. I had company for Christmas and was out almost every day. Three years ago a shower was a challenge and I even had to break that down into small tasks.

I want to encourage you all to hang in there. Life gets better, I promise. I will keep you all in my heart and in my prayers. Stay strong and you will persevere!

Happy New Year.

Love, :smitten:

Chrysanthemum

Hello old friends,

I was stopping by to reply to a PM so I thought I would say hello. I am just shy of two years opiate free and I am three years benzo free. Since I have written my success story my health continues to improve and for the most part I am symptom free. I still have to be careful of neurotoxins in food as they can give me a bit of a flare up, but other than that, I am doing well. I am busy doing lots of different things unimaginable to me a few years back and I am happy.

When I was going through drug withdrawal for a good two years, the days were awful and endless. I could not imagine being well although I was hopeful things would get better. They are better, better than I had even hoped for. Those endless days are really a distant memory for me. I rarely, if ever, think about them.

Right before Christmas I took a road trip half way across the country. I had company for Christmas and was out almost every day. Three years ago a shower was a challenge and I even had to break that down into small tasks.

I want to encourage you all to hang in there. Life gets better, I promise. I will keep you all in my heart and in my prayers. Stay strong and you will persevere!

Happy New Year.

Chrysanthemum

This is so encouraging...thank you for returning to tell us of your progress. I need messages like this. I am happy to know you are thriving. Again, thank you.

Carita

Hello old friends,

Happy New Year.

Chrysanthemum

Thank you for the update Chrysanthemum :hug: This is so uplifting for members following behind you.

Great to hear about the road trip, I know how tough this journey is, I have been there.  Now you are getting back to life.  For me recovery was like being reborn and getting a second chance, it feels better this time around because we appreciate everything.

All the very best for 2015, I know it will continue to get better

Magrita :smitten: