Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Chrysanthemum's Story.

[ch...]

OMG Chrys you did it!!!! I am sooooooo happy for you. You were always such a support to me in the worst days. There you were feeling awful but supporting someone else. I will never forget that. It was awesome reading your success story-you sounds great and prove that we really do heal from this. Many blessings to you and your family!!

XO,

Tina

HI TINA!!

I am so glad to hear from you. How are you doing? I just read your list of symptoms on your signature and I had every one of them and they are gone! The entire years I was on a low dose of Klonopin I had severe fatigue issues. I was diagnosed with CFS by a very reputable Dr. I honestly do not have fatigue issues anymore and that is almost incomprehensible to me.

I can't wait to read YOUR success story. It will happen.

:smitten:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ch...]

• [mp...]

• [ca...]

• [pi...]

Chrysanthemum,

thank you for writing such a detailed success story! :smitten:

Like you, I have had a lot of medical issues to deal with in my life before this benzo mess. It is so encouraging to know that despite those other medical issues you pushed through your wd and now look at your life at 22 months!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Thank you again Chrysanthemum, it means a lot to me.

love SD

Chrysanthemum,

thank you for writing such a detailed success story! :smitten:

Like you, I have had a lot of medical issues to deal with in my life before this benzo mess. It is so encouraging to know that despite those other medical issues you pushed through your wd and now look at your life at 22 months!!! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Thank you again Chrysanthemum, it means a lot to me.

love SD

You're welcome! Yes, I did push through and YOU will, too! I have to tell you, all of my medical issues were made worse by the medications. (Obviously, I needed pain meds after a surgery!) I feel better than I have felt in many, many, MANY years. I wish the same for you!! :)

Thank you so much for saying that about diet...

I love oysters....I am somewhat disabled at the present time...so I bought the canned smoked oysters to eat...I mean, it has a lot of protein and I need protein right now..Right?

So I had oysters for lunch on Friday and I paid for it Friday evening....Into Saturday morning..

it dialed up my anxiety/agitation and it made my brain squeezing so much worse..

Sent me to the couch...except for my pacing because of the agitation...So large amounts of protein combined with the smoked stuff exacerbated your symptoms??

I never had problems like this before..

I will check out the Paleo Diet and try to do it...I eat a lot of almonds, cranberries, yogurt...Milk is a mainstay....

On some days I cannot eat....so the milk helps a lot.

I spend a lot of time online..

to distract..I am not sure how people did this before...Without BB, computer to find out what is going on...

Wow, I am not sure I could do it.

Maybe I will start a thread called "ways to distract"

Any suggestions help with this.

I am so happy for you Chrys...your story is giving me a lot of hope today.

Thanks for making it through and coming back to show us how.

Causing

I just happened to glance quickly at the menu of success stories as I was getting ready to log out. I went right past what looked like “Chrysanthemum’s Story” and had to go back. Sure enough!

Wow! BIG WOW! In the words of my 2-year old grandson, “You did it! You did it! You did it!” This makes my already good day even better. I remember you were still tapering and suffering greatly way back when I came to BB nearly 2 years ago. 

This is REALLY good stuff. I see a “starry night” in your future if you are up for it now.

Congratulations! This is an amazing day!

God bless,

eli 

So happy for you Chrys. Your experience has some similarities to mine, (prescribed for medical reasons plus the complications of opioid wdwls).

Wishing you great health for the rest of your life.

Love love love this!! And I love how you sectioned it out and made it so lighthearted rather than frightening! I too try to keep my distance from BB drama. I actually came here because of all the fears one of the threads were causing me, and I came across your success story, and I feel so much more better! Thank you!

Thank you.. thank you... thank you!!

It means soooo much to hear from someone who made it through long recovery!

Here's to all Benzo sufferers returning to "normal"!

Thank you for taking the time to come back & post, & give so much hope,

encouragement -& helpful tips!

Blessings to you!

margaretisabel

CONGRATS, Chrysanthemum!  It is so encouraging to read your story and share in your success.  You are paving the way for others...thank you for the encouragement.

Chrysanthemum,

Congratulations!  Thank you so much for coming back to write this most heartening and well written success story.  I remember you from a couple years ago.  I think we may have joined around the same time. :)  I remember your struggle with w/d as well as your struggle in being here.  I have had the same struggle throughout, not posting a lot, but identified very much with what you were going through from afar.

I am so pleased you are well at 22 months out.  I loved what you said below:

"All of the craziness of this seems like it happened to another person. I DO remember every bit of it. It seemed never ending. It was the most HELLISH, challenging, experience and I recognize that but in a very detached way. I just don't FEEL it anymore. Talking about benzos bores me, which I think is a very healthy sign. "

I've seen people here talk about before and can't read this enough.  I find myself imagining this feeling lately, or even may have fleeting feelings of it, which is  a good sign for me.  I'm 12.5months out since taper ended.  It's a beautiful idea to me that this actually does happen. 

B. :smitten:

Thank you so much for saying that about diet...

I love oysters....I am somewhat disabled at the present time...so I bought the canned smoked oysters to eat...I mean, it has a lot of protein and I need protein right now..Right?

So I had oysters for lunch on Friday and I paid for it Friday evening....Into Saturday morning..

it dialed up my anxiety/agitation and it made my brain squeezing so much worse..

Sent me to the couch...except for my pacing because of the agitation...So large amounts of protein combined with the smoked stuff exacerbated your symptoms??

I never had problems like this before..

I will check out the Paleo Diet and try to do it...I eat a lot of almonds, cranberries, yogurt...Milk is a mainstay....

On some days I cannot eat....so the milk helps a lot.

I spend a lot of time online..

to distract..I am not sure how people did this before...Without BB, computer to find out what is going on...

Wow, I am not sure I could do it.

Maybe I will start a thread called "ways to distract"

Any suggestions help with this.

I am so happy for you Chrys...your story is giving me a lot of hope today.

Thanks for making it through and coming back to show us how.

Causing

Starting a thread with ways to distract would be great because you will get a lot of good ideas! What made my symptoms flare were not necessarily large amounts of protein, it was protein shakes, and I believe that it was because of the added chemicals. Green smoothies, while exceedingly healthy, seemed to overwhelm my nervous system, too. Sounds crazy, right? I am a careful observer of symptoms and I just know it is true.

I have tons of hope for you! Honestly, I was sick beyond compare for years. I truly think if I can bounce back, anyone can. Best of luck to you!!  :)

Congrats!

Very encouraing story :)

You're a very strong woman

Thank you. Every person on this forum is a strong person. It is overwhelmingly difficult to get off benzos. I wish you tons of luck!  :)

I just happened to glance quickly at the menu of success stories as I was getting ready to log out. I went right past what looked like “Chrysanthemum’s Story” and had to go back. Sure enough!

Wow! BIG WOW! In the words of my 2-year old grandson, “You did it! You did it! You did it!” This makes my already good day even better. I remember you were still tapering and suffering greatly way back when I came to BB nearly 2 years ago. 

This is REALLY good stuff. I see a “starry night” in your future if you are up for it now.

Congratulations! This is an amazing day!

God bless,

eli

Oh Eli, I am just as surprised to see my name here as you are. I was worried the day would never come. I honestly think it would have been sooner if it weren't for the whole opiate taper on top of it! What a journey this has been, and one that was made just a little easier by friends like you! It is so nice to see people heal.

Thank you so much for your support and your kindness. You are such an asset here. I will PM you later this week.

Echoing your grandson, Yes, I did it! I did it! I did it!

I never thought I would see the day.

Many blessings right back at you!

So happy for you Chrys. Your experience has some similarities to mine, (prescribed for medical reasons plus the complications of opioid wdwls).

Wishing you great health for the rest of your life.

The complications from opioid withdrawals are the worst. I see by your signature that you are doing better every day! GOOD NEWS! Take care.  :)

Love love love this!! And I love how you sectioned it out and made it so lighthearted rather than frightening! I too try to keep my distance from BB drama. I actually came here because of all the fears one of the threads were causing me, and I came across your success story, and I feel so much more better! Thank you!

Hanging out on the success board is a good strategy! It is amazing how fearful things used to make me and how that all seems almost ridiculous now. I am glad you are feeling better. You'll get there! Good luck.  :)

Thank you.. thank you... thank you!!

It means soooo much to hear from someone who made it through long recovery!

Here's to all Benzo sufferers returning to "normal"!

Thank you for taking the time to come back & post, & give so much hope,

encouragement -& helpful tips!

Blessings to you!

margaretisabel

It certainly was a LONG recovery. There were definitely times that I didn't think I would ever turn that corner. Healing snuck up on me. All of a sudden I realized I was out living my life again. I wish that so much for all of us here. It will happen! Hang in there.  :)

Hi all! Hi Chrysanthemum! Its me, Bear. do you remember me? Congratulations!

xoxoxo Hugs!

Bear

My old friend, Bear!! Of course I remember you!! How are you feeling?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chrysanthemum,

Congratulations and Thank You for writing your success story,  I'm so happy to read your enjoying life again.

Molly :smitten:

so how long after your last benzo were you healed?

The short answer is about 21 months. The long answer is I did a year long opiate taper after it so my results are confounded by this. I felt recovered enough two months after benzo withdrawal to start the opiate taper. The whole thing was a hellish nightmare, But I am doing well now. I wish you the same!