"The fall and the road to success..." by Conzumed

[Co...]

Yes I did go to Italy in mid Aug. I went to Venice, Florence, Sorrento, Positano, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Capri and Sienna. Loved it. Italy is beautiful. Thanks for your encouraging words. Hoping for this to be over real soon.

Wow Jazzy, you have been to more places than I did... and I live here!  :)

I even coined a phrase for this: "spanking the benzo beast"  :laugh: ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love that.  This is where I am at exactly at month 6.5 off.  Its called "Contrary Action" in my recovery circle, and while its tough it really does do something towards healing.

Glad you are healed, thanks for posting, I love healed stories.

• 2 months later...

I even coined a phrase for this: "spanking the benzo beast"  :laugh: ...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love that.  This is where I am at exactly at month 6.5 off.  Its called "Contrary Action" in my recovery circle, and while its tough it really does do something towards healing.

Glad you are healed, thanks for posting, I love healed stories.

justincredible can you explain more about "contrary action" I'm a week away from 7 months off and just had one powerful wave.

If only I could just leap through the internet and give you a solid hug.

Thank you so much for this story.

Really, thank you. Your writing is excellent. Today has been a weird day, after a few clearer ones only two weeks into withdrawal, and this story has been so helpful. This is my favorite part of the forums. I hope you find a place to publish the full version. I think it's a story that needs to be told to the broader public, and this is so well written! Best of luck to you, and I'm so glad you are clear and happy :)

-Heather

Stillstuck: I'm not sure if I have the knowledge of what is a "contrary action" but here is how I pictured it:

It is as if there was a little annoying benzo-gremlin jumping back and forth on my brain and telling me: "What the hell are you thinking? You can't to that! Are you serious? But you are so weak!... etc. However, every time I would try to do the exact opposite and prove him wrong.

(That's how I contradicted my benzo brain.)

Leelooleeloo: Wow, I'm flattered, really  :) Thank you so much and hope your benzo recovery journey will be as smooth as possible.

Hi Conzumed (no longer)

I can't thank you enough for your exquisitely written inspirational story. After reading it I felt like giving you a big hug.

I know you said your memory of the symptoms are fading, which I agree is a good thing. But please don't forget about us at BB and continue posting.

Be Well. :smitten:

D21

Thank you very much D21 !!

(I wanted to put a smiley that blushes but can't seem to find it here)

:)

I still jump in here from time to time... and of course you are always welcome to send me a pm should you need any advice/support and all that.

I watched the movie "Blow" again for the n-th time last night... and I just remembered that there is one great quote I wanted to share with you, with regards to your taper and recovery:

"May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."

All the best.

C.

Wow Consumed….

Thanks for coming back and writing a success story and then coming back and writing us again and letting us know how it goes.

We do need this for healing.

I am so happy for you….I really am.

Please feel free to come back and encourage us anytime you feel like it.

it is comforting to know that eventually this all just becomes an experience we went through and the symptoms, as well as the horrifying experience all fade.

God Bless you friend.

Causing

• 2 weeks later...
Consumed.......this is such a great story...you really should make it into a book...I read every word of your journey....so encouraging....hope you are just lovin ' the heck out of life...you so deserve it....coop

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a looong time since I was on the forum. Recently I received a couple of messages so I decided to drop by.

I'm very glad to see that this site is still here and that is still giving out all the life saving support to its members... and I will always be thankful for it.

It is this very support that will get everybody through this hell...

So, this time I will be quick: As of now, it has been more than 2 years since I stopped taking benzos and.... all the symptoms are long gone. I am completely back to normal, if not even better. Putting it all in perspective, now I realize that at the moment when I published my success story I was still not fully recovered: even though I was doing ok, there were still some minor issues, a couple of smaller waves that happened afterwards and mainly my sleeping was still not that great. However, after reaching the 2 year mark, all the "finishing touches" of my recovery were finally done and I have been great ever since...

I have no reason to believe that any of the symptoms will ever come back... I do what I want, when I want, without any limitations or fear. Recently I got a promotion at my company and since then I have to travel frequently but even though it can be tough and stressful at times I never had any problems...  Also I got back into sports, and for the last 4-5 months I started to push myself more and more, going to the gym, swimming or running and it feels great! I slowly managed to regain my fitness levels and my muscles are all working again as they should... no twitching, burning or any of the klonopin's "fun stuff"...

However, the best part is that I had practically forgotten how I felt when I was sick: as if my brain just erased all the feelings attached to it. Of course, I still remember everything that has happened to me during my withdrawal but I just can't remember the sensations and feelings I had associated to it... and while I read my old posts it feels almost as if it happened to another person.

So, take good care of yourselves, be patient and eventually you will all recover from this nightmare... that is a fact!

All the best,

C.

Hey C - Thanks for coming back and updating.  I remember reading your original posts. So glad to hear you've made a complete recovery! I'm still in the thick of it, but hopeful for that full recovery. Take care, Marc

Lee loo,

May I ask you a question? 3rd time tapering off what and for how long? I am so discouraged and anxious. I have been on some kind of benzo for about 7 or 8 yrs (.25/day) but the last year I have been taking .50 a day of clonazepam.  Looking for anyone who has been on that dose or higher for a few years. Thanks BBs :(

New Girl

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As you must be living a beautiful life, I only leave these words as a note of gratitude for encapsulating so well your journey into this vortex called benzo withdrawal.

Hope is a thing that is fleeting at times in our benzo brains but reading stories as yours serves as a foglight for those stuck out in rough waters.

I dream of the day I can travel to all of those wonderful places I remember. Someday....

Thank you..

Leo

• 4 years later...