Gabapentin (Neurontin) Withdrawl Support Group

[Is...]

Hi my friends,

I am making it, but barely. I am 98 days with no meds and Neurontin.  I am 4 months of serequil and vistoril. 5 months of depokote. I am still real bad, but way better than I was while I was taking them.  For some reason I feel like I am still taking them. I am being told that they were probably stored in the fat cells of my organs and I am in slow and I mean very slow detox which releases small amounts of drugs in my system.

I have not vomited since last Sunday but today I feel real nauseated. I have not slept for days and I am still walking in the house. I heard Spartacus finally got a window 5 months out. I am hoping I get somthing. I need it badley. I need some calm .  I am so exhausted and so reved up all at the same time. It just seems I wont get better. I am sorry for whining.

Even though I am bad I am still better of this poison. Get off it a soon as you can donit safely.  I never want another med again.

Love you all for careing.  IslandGirl

Sorry IslandGirl. I hope you feel better soon. I heard Neurontin is almost as hard to get off of as benzos! Just not as long to heal. Looks like you came off a cocktail of things. I feel so dizzy among a million other things. Oh well, I wish I was as long off as you are.

Glad your off them!  Every day is more prgress than the day before.

neurontin is horrible.  Ive been on it less than a week and im experiencing painful symptons.  Afraid to taper tho.

300mg caps  3x a day as needed.

They gave me neurotin today. Told them the depakote was killing me. I think since being off the depakote a couple of days I feel a little better. Got the Neurotin filled but only gonna take it if I have to. Got 100 mg and 300 mg. Gonna try really hard not to take it.

Solo,

If you already have painful sx after only 1 week  you may want to get off them now before it really gets you. I am no dr but I wish I could go back in time to week 1.

Good luck..  IslandGirl

Hello everyone

I was prescibed gabapentin for my muscle pain/soreness during withdrawal. The stories here are pretty scary and I figure the people on here would be the experts to talk to. Could I use this drug as needed, maybe once every few days (or maybe only a few times a week) and not develop dependence to it?

Also, I know it doesn't affect gaba receptors like benzos but is there any danger it could adversely affect my withdrawal progress?

Thanks!

I was put on neurontin when they took me off klonopin cold turkey in July.  I was on 500mg/day.  I decided to stop taking it because I started reading about the withdrawal syndrome.  I tapered to 100 mg/day for several days, then stopped.  I felt lousy for a few days then it went away.  My doctor wants me to keep taking it for Anxiety.  I am tempted to take it for my bad case of RLS.  I am wondering if it would work on a "as needed" basis.

Who would take you off 4 mg Klonopin CT? That's barbaric. Did you think the Gabapentin was helping you at all?

If it works and you use it sparingly than you can probably avoid the Gabapentin withdrawals later and get some breaks from your withdrawals now. That's what I'm considering doing with the Gabapentin but still unsure on it's affect on my benzo withdrawal progress.

I was given Neurontin too. I still haven't taken it yet. I tried quitting the Depakote after 12 days of use and I about bedridden! Did a ct of 4 mg Valium 22 days ago. Now I know for a fact the Depakote helps with withdrawal! I'm sure Neurontin does too. Many people have reported that Neurontin helps with withdrawal unless they were already taking it before tapering the benzo.

Hi Island Girl:

I am having a hell of a time reducing Gabapentin even 100mg at a time. I was given Klonopin last week to try and attenuate my symptoms and as soon as I took those my symptoms disappeared. I thought this is just the normal calm way I used to feel without any of this crap which scared the hell out of me. What you said is true, Klonopin can't but help sink me even deeper — I can see why it is so seductive and dangerously addictive for people like me who suffer :sick: intense somatic anxiety. There's just no way to use it without paying a price. Hope you can feel better. Adamo  :sick:

Hi all,

Haveing some real hard times. Dr wants me to re-instate benzo because of the sever akasthsia.

I am scared

Hi Sweet Island Girl,

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I could help you in some way. I know you are desperately trying with all your might to avoid the meds. Is there any other way either allopathic or alternative to treat akasthsia? I'm sending you healing thoughts and prayers.  :smitten:

Love,

Hopeful Girl 

IG,

Have been reading your posts and my heart goes out to you.  In the alternative section ONE posted about b6.  It looks promising. 

I also was reading.  Magnesium, no sugar, no wheat and someone mentioned about heavy blankets.  Not on here but I was googling. 

I sooo hope you find some relief. 

Blessings,

Cappi :smitten:

Thanks Hopefulgirl,

You are always so kind.  Thanks for the warm thoughts. Keep them ciming because I need them..  still walking...

IG

You got it! Falling asleep tonight with a prayer of healing for you. Hang in there! We are cheering for you. I cannot wait for the day I see your post saying you are resting peacefully and are seeing some signs of healing! You are a hero!

Love,

Hopeful Girl

UtahGirl,

The meds will kill me.  I am trying with all my might and all my husbands patience to hang in there med free.  I truely believe if I take another med it will kill me.  These poisons are so bad for us. I never new drugs could do this to a person.  How can they make this stuff. I know it helps 97% of the people.  That is great as long as you are not the 3%.  We are acceptable loses and it is just not right.

Thank you so much for careing.  It is nice to know there are a few people in this world that makes it a better place and you are one of them. For that I am very appreciatve.  I need to hang in there.  It is getting so hard. All the walking all the time.  No calm....... But I am trying and once I heal I will be on a crusade for the 3% ers..

Love you bunches  IslandGirl...  Get off the drugs and run, run fast...

I've just found this thread while doing some 'research' on Seriphos which I'm going to give a try.

Island girl....I know what you mean about the walking. I've spent three nights pacing but my system is revving and won't let me rest. Im ten months off and desperate for sleep and calm.

How are you doing. Any advice would be welcome. I just want to get through as I really feel this is my last hurdle. It can't be this bad without a reason!

Beth,

I have not found anything yet to help. There are reports that b6 helps. My pdoc told me to try it.  I have been on it for 2 days now and I don't feeel anything different.  Always right around 5 pm things ramp up and I walk all night. I have tried magnesium  too wit no luck.  I also had no help with Seriphos either.

Sorry no good news.  If this does not quit soon I will have to reinstate with benzo.  I am in trouble right now.

I hope you hang in there...  IG

Sorry IG, B6 revs me up. All supplements do though. Even melatonin! Maybe you could try using Librium if you have to reinstate. My doctor said he prefers that one.

4 months neurontin free this Friday :boxer:

I have been going thru some bad times, This stuff is so bad.  Hang in there everyone. We will make it

Love IslandGirl :smitten:

Doing worse. Same sxs. Inner shacking, no calm, no sleep, akathisia, burning face, all joints hurt, headache, eyes blurred and hurt, tinnitus and a bunch more.

I am thinking I need help. Meds.  I cant take it