• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [An...]

• [Co...]

• [Pa...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Colin - am titrating 1ml per day, so couldn't go much slower really!  I was feeling so much better, but I guess I will just have to grin and bear it, only 17 more days to go.  I have this fear of what will happen next, so I think I am not helping myself really.

Thanks,

Annie.

Hi Annie,

If you are using 2mg tablets, and are making up a liquid of 100ml with a 2mg pill, then yes, your taper rate is already slow. On a positive note (if I understand your situation properly), your dose is just 0.36mg per day - this is very low dose. Your GABA system has been recovering during your taper. By following a gradual taper schedule, your GABA system gradually regains proper functioning as you reduce your dose. Sensible tapers mean that we are recovering during our taper. You are not far from the end now. :)

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your interest.  I am titrating from 10mg Valium in 100ml ( I make up 3 days from one tablet) I have switched early on from lorazepam to Valium - at 90ml. I settled well & on your advice cut the lorazepam  every 10 days, once I got on the Valium I have been able to lead a fairly normal life.  My CBT therapist has helped loads, and now I am coming to the end I am waking at 3am or 5am, and I realise what sleep I am having is more natural, and not crashing from the Valium.  I do go off easily, but the waking is getting me, and I have felt low and anxious the last few days.  However, I realise now that I will beat this, and have had great days - it is just disappointment when the beast rears its ugly head again!

16ml tomorrow!

Thanks

Annie

Thanks Theresa....just a question - am taking it in 2 doses one early morn & one late eve, as it is such a small amount should I perhaps take one dose in morning?  Go off to sleep ok, but keep waking around 3am, can't properly get back to sleep, but am trying not to let it get to me, feel if I don't worry about it it will gradually sort itself out.

Annie

Thanks Theresa....just a question - am taking it in 2 doses one early morn & one late eve, as it is such a small amount should I perhaps take one dose in morning?   Go off to sleep ok, but keep waking around 3am, can't properly get back to sleep, but am trying not to let it get to me, feel if I don't worry about it it will gradually sort itself out.

Annie

I kept my dosing the same all the way to the itty bitty end, just didn't want to "upset the apple cart".

Thanks, I always listen to the experts!! Off to crush my pill, I cannot believe I get 4 days from one pill and still chuck a load down the sink!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi Annie, we were talking on another thread about how we economize around here.  Maybe we should tell the world in this down turned economy about our money saving tips!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have just taken my last 01ml dose of Valium, tomorrow I will take nothing!!!!!!!!!!  Let's hope I continue to improve, anxiety (jelly belly) for last week - could just be getting the jitters about finishing.  Otherwise eating, & sleeping quite well.  Going to work and coping ......

Bless all of you for your help, my Consultant will be pleased thanks to him allowing me to use the Ashton method, and understanding my wish to titrate.

Could I have done it without Eljay, Pamster & Theresa - and of course Colin ? - NO, you are just fab - all of you

Thanks

Annie  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Hi Annie,

I'm so happy for you, I've enjoyed keeping you company on your journey!  Keep coming back to let us know how you're doing post benzo.  There might be a few bumps along the way, but I have no doubt you'll do just fine.

Pam :smitten: