Dr. Catherine Pittman: Invitation to Participate in Study

[Co...]

Colin, I'm curious. Is admin sending out a mass email on this? I got one. Just wondering if it's from you.

Thanks,

Flip

Hi Fliprain,

Yes, all members are being contacted by e-mail.

To elaborate, such e-mail contact will originate from the benzobuddies.org domain.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [ea...]

[b0...]

Thanks for the email.  :thumbsup: 

I completed the survey last night including extensive details about my w/d and recovery that I have documented during the past year. I hope the information I provided about my experience helps someone in the future.  :)

For those who are wondering, you may exit the survey and re-enter it through the link here on BB.  You will be routed to the specific page and question you were on when you exited the survey.  This is true so long as you use the same computer, do not delete your browser history, and do not click "done" at the end of the survey. 

Additionally, there is no time limit on taking the survey (other than the March 29th deadline).  This will help those who may be interrupted or who otherwise would like more time to take the survey.

Thanks to everyone who chooses to participate!

emkbb

Just finished the survey! I found it quite enjoyable.  :)  I took a long time because I had a lot to say.  :laugh:

About BB, I said that its owner Colin ***** is the most patient man I have ever known, ethical, and that he keeps this "benzo withdrawl" site the safest so that members can feel secure. I also said that Colin, and this site, is saving lives.

Because it's the truth.

:smitten:

I just finished the survey.  It's easy, and takes about 10 minutes.  :thumbsup:

It applies to people who've been prescribed benzos for any reason, not just for anxiety.

Hi all:

Took the survey and hopefully, results will shine a light on the traumatic effects of benzos and z drugs.  The good, the bad, and the Ugly!!

Thanks for letting me participate!!

Best regards to all,

Rocko

Took the survey, it was quite painless, lets hope the few minutes it takes to do this survey that we have helped to prevent someone from experiencing what we have in the future. :thumbsup:

Took the survey, it was quite painless, lets hope the few minutes it takes to do this survey that we have helped to prevent someone from experiencing what we have in the future. :thumbsup:

Yes, I was thinking the same Margo..It can only be a help..

I'm not able to generate a pass code. I'm on MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8. I tried in both Safari and Firefox. The error message is "Invalid username/password - click here to try again."

Thank you Colin for this opportunity to provide feedback to Dr. Pittman. Would love to see results too. I hope this will help others!

More and more is coming out about the adverse effects of these drugs. There is a book coming out this month by an editor of Outside Magazine here's the title: Death Grip: A Climber's Escape from Benzo Madness [Hardcover]Matt Samet

I saw it advertised and pre-ordered it.

Thank you Colin and everyone on here.

Afighter

Thank you so much for this opportunity. I really hope it does some good. We really need more of this kind of interest. I've completed the survey.

I want to take the survey as I was emailed to do, but I am having an issue obtaining a pass code. I changed my pass word to BB and it still is saying invalid password/user name when I try to get the survey pass code. Can anyone help? Thank you so much.  :(

Sorry to be paranoid, but I mentioned this to my wise father and he raised an important question.

Can we confirm that the Dr. leading this survey is not being paid by any pharmaceutical company or anyone with "ulterior motives" who might be sponsoring this research in the hope of actually using our data to somehow further dismiss benzo w/d. It seems legit, but I'm wondering, Colin, if you might be able to ask Dr. Pittman to provide some statement that she doesn't take money on behalf of any pharma company and no pharma company is sponsoring this research.  Due to some legal changes in the US, most academics should be disclosing any ties they have to the pharma industry for projects like this (if asked).

I don't want to email her myself, as I'd like to preserve my anonymity if possible.

Colin,

I can not get a code. My password is remembered. Have tried over 12 times, it won't work. What do I do now? (For the servey).

Thanks, Minujje.

THANK YOU            Colin and DR.Pittman

I hope this is beginning  of justice  for  milions of people .

People who lost more then some can imagine .Lifes , families , jobs , carreer, . Years of  pain  alone with nobody s help .

Lost income for many years of suffering under doctors ,,care ,,.

This is wrong . People should not lost lifes under doctors care . Erika :smitten:

I filled out the participation form.  I've admittedly been staying with my clonazepam addiction, out of fear.  My physician thinks "why would you want to quit klonopin?" -- and she is right in that it does help, but it's not justified.  I don't like it having the control that it has over me.

1mg/tid clonazepam

People having problems with the survey,please tell me what browser you are using? the error you are getting,I am a Computer Engineer/systems administrator.

I will help if I can.

Jay

Hi,

I can't stop long - it is the middle of the night for me. Fortunately, I checked my e-mail - I hear there are few problems and concerns.

First of all, a BB tech informs me that it appears that some members are attempting to generate their pass code by using their e-mail address. 'Username' refers to your membership name, not your e-mail account address.

Please let me know if this resolves the problem of generating pass codes.

As for:

Sorry to be paranoid, but I mentioned this to my wise father and he raised an important question.

Can we confirm that the Dr. leading this survey is not being paid by any pharmaceutical company or anyone with "ulterior motives" who might be sponsoring this research in the hope of actually using our data to somehow further dismiss benzo w/d. It seems legit, but I'm wondering, Colin, if you might be able to ask Dr. Pittman to provide some statement that she doesn't take money on behalf of any pharma company and no pharma company is sponsoring this research.  Due to some legal changes in the US, most academics should be disclosing any ties they have to the pharma industry for projects like this (if asked).

I don't want to email her myself, as I'd like to preserve my anonymity if possible.

To explain, I was in direct communication with Dr. Pittman through her St. Mary's e-mail account and College telephone number before I agreed to bring the survey to our members. Dr. Pittman is a clinical psychologist, not a psychiatrist (psychologists do not prescribe medicines, of course). The survey and research were approved by the St. Mary's College ethics committee. Further, Dr. Pittman is aware of the speculation and asked me to reassure members and pass along the following message:

Dr. Catherine Pittman and others working on the survey receive no

funding or compensation from any pharmaceutical companies, and have no

interest in promoting medications of any type. Dr. Pittman is a

licensed clinical psychologist who uses primarily cognitive-behavioral

methods to assist individuals coping with anxiety. The goal of the

survey is to have a better understanding of the experiences of

individuals using and/or withdrawing from benzodiazepines, with the

goal of sharing that information with mental health professionals.