Dr. Catherine Pittman: Invitation to Participate in Study

[Co...]

Hope56 and Duck.

the results are on chewing the fat (recovery statistics) , Juliea gave a link on that thread.

( i have bumped it), sorry, i'm  a computer genius and still can't put a link.  ::)

Thanks Morreweg

Computer genius ;D I have two sons who are both Network managers and I am hopeless when they show me something to do computer related.

I shall go and find the results by following Juliea's trail :laugh:

Duck :smitten:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [ea...]

Duck, sorry, blimey i am so stupid , i have bumped the right one now.

its '' published results by catherine pittman'' (posted by Flip ) OMG ; so sorry. :smitten:

Duck, sorry, blimey i am so stupid , i have bumped the right one now.

its '' published results by catherine pittman'' (posted by Flip ) OMG ; so sorry. :smitten:

:tickedoff: Do you realise how much time I have just spent searching for this :laugh:

Mind you I did read some posts that took my eye and will go back and read more :)

At least I am not going nuts despite that they think I am here at home.

Thanks for posting it anyway I thought you did not know how to share the link ::) or am I missing something :D

Duck, do you realize how much bumping i had to do ? :laugh:

and now don't be angry please, because both links are the same. :laugh:

(one from Juliea and one from Flip ). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i am  :idiot:

no, you are not going nuts Duck, :laugh: , but i think i am. :smitten:

Duck, do you realize how much bumping i had to do ? :laugh:

and now don't be angry please, because both links are the same. :laugh:

(one from Juliea and one from Flip ). :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i am  :idiot:

no, you are not going nuts Duck, :laugh: , but i think i am. :smitten:

:2funny: but not literally too much in pain.

No comment about you being :idiot: only you know if you are :)

Okay you had to bump but it was a bump I had to seek but could not find ::)

P.S Shall we stop this now or else we will be at it all day :laugh:

Thanks Morreweg and DD...

Here is a presentation Dr. Katherine Pittman did after doing a survey of our members:

http://www.adaa.org/sites/default/files/Pittman121.pdf

thank you Hope56. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten:

Yes thank you from me to. :thumbsup:

Now Morreweg no more bumping it up :D

I have had to modify again Morreweg because I spelt your name wrong yet again why don't you have a simple name like Duck :)

Duck, you make me laugh dear. :laugh:

i always get homesick when i see you my little english girl.

i know morreweg is so stupid, my x signed me on ,as i was toooo ill to do it myself

at the time. The people who know me on the Forum call me claudia .

no more bumping for the time being, right ? cheerio. :smitten:

Duck, you make me laugh dear. :laugh:

i always get homesick when i see you my little english girl.

i know morreweg is so stupid, my x signed me on ,as i was toooo ill to do it myself

at the time. The people who know me on the Forum call me claudia .

no more bumping for the time being, right ? cheerio. :smitten:

:laugh: HUH Could have told me Claudia :)

:smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
dd58, thank you for posting this report.  I participated and then almost missed the results.  The report itself is so validating.  I just finished my K taper... just a little over a year... my 4th attempt.  It seemed like I would never get here but no perceivable sx... people around me recognize a still exaggerated ax but I'm not feeling it in my bones, muscles or perceptions.  No d/p, no d/r... its all good!  It cannot be said enough how important this site is to recovery.  I still have some hard feelings about how it was prescribed and not being told more about its long term effects but I can now see why it is so difficult for physicians to recognize and then help people come off it... there really isn't much they are trained to do that needs to be done... we need support, understanding and hope... and other than becoming familiar w/ the non-medicinal approaches to dealing w/ the ongoing sx... there really isn't much they can do and i expect some of them have a hard time dealing w/ the reality of what they have done to their patient.  Still, I have little compassion for their ignorance and frivolity in prescribing, especially those, like myself, who were presribed by a general practitioner... I do have no doubt these drugs have their place but not among functioning adults.  It is a long difficult road to recovery.  My doc wasn't all that prepared in the beginning to help me but she, like myself, learned along the way and it was nice to share the moment w/ her when I could say, "I'm done."  "I've finished and I'm not having any of the severe problems I had when I tried schedules of 4 and 6 wks that had been recommended by a couple of phys. along the way... who wanted to help but just did not know how."  And, Thank you Dr. Pittman.  :)