Dr. Catherine Pittman: Invitation to Participate in Study

[Co...]

It worked! Like Colin said, use your member name, not your email address and make sure you have the right password, I had to reset mine.

So glad I was able to be part of this survey!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [Mo...]

• [ea...]

Before I fill in the survey, I would like to ask if our email addresses can be linked to the survey. I'm aware it says that the responses will be anonymised, but I would like an assurance on this.

I'm really looking forward to helping. There does seem to be some growing acceptance of the problem in the UK and Ireland, but people in the USA and other territories seem to be abandoned to their fate completely.

Before I fill in the survey, I would like to ask if our email addresses can be linked to the survey.

Hi Joe

No! we supply a list of all valid pass codes to Dr. Pittman; we will not supply or divulge any of your personal information.

Magrita

My username and email are recognized here, but when I go to the special page for the special code I am not recognized. I am not given any code either.

Thanks for your help. Minujje

Very excited about this survey and study!  I submitted mine right away. I found it to be very validating for me and I hope it helps other people.

My username and email are recognized here, but when I go to the special page for the special code I am not recognized. I am not given any code either.

Thanks for your help. Minujje

Hello Minujje,

Some members instead login to the forum using e-mail address (instead of their membership name, and so have been mistakenly entering their e-mail address instead of their membership name in the 'username' field.

The code generation page has now been edited to make things clearer. Try again, but be sure to use your membership name this time.

Thanks.

Hi Colin, I would like to participate but just wanted to clarify if Dr Pittman wants participants who were prescribed meds for reasons other than anxiety, (Cipro induced insomnia in my case).

Thanks

Hi , I thought this too at first. When I looked at the survey it seems it's relevant whatever the reason you took benzos. It appears more concerned with withdrawal than reasons for taking.

I think this point could be clarified though.

Dave

In one of the survey questions it does ask you why you were prescribed benzos.... I selected the option of being prescribed benzos due to a reaction from another medication. in my case this was a bad reaction to birth control pills/hormones.

I have blogged  about this survey at length, I think it's a brilliant idea, and I think it has the potential to change the future of people suffering at the hands of these drugs... http://benzowithdrawalsyndrome.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/benzobuddies-support-group-for-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-conducts-a-survey-by-a-st-marys-college-professor-to-aid-in-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-syndrome-research/  ;D

Hi Colin, I would like to participate but just wanted to clarify if Dr Pittman wants participants who were prescribed meds for reasons other than anxiety, (Cipro induced insomnia in my case).

Thanks

I took the survey and she does ask the reason you first started, including recreational use, so, yes, I know she's interested in your input, ihope.    ;)

Thanks

Hi , I thought this too at first. When I looked at the survey it seems it's relevant whatever the reason you took benzos. It appears more concerned with withdrawal than reasons for taking.

I think this point could be clarified though.

Dave

In one of the survey questions it does ask you why you were prescribed benzos.... I selected the option of being prescribed benzos due to a reaction from another medication. in my case this was a bad reaction to birth control pills/hormones.

I have blogged  about this survey at length, I think it's a brilliant idea, and I think it has the potential to change the future of people suffering at the hands of these drugs... http://benzowithdrawalsyndrome.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/benzobuddies-support-group-for-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-conducts-a-survey-by-a-st-marys-college-professor-to-aid-in-benzodiazepine-withdrawal-syndrome-research/  ;D

Magnollie,

I checked out your blog.  :)  It is wonderful! I even bookmarked it! I think this study is really such a great opportunity, and I'm so glad to be able to participate in it! I agree that it has the potential to change the future. The medical profession as well as the general public needs to be more informed about these drugs! And, the fact that it's on your blog to help spread the word, is just fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Kimba  :smitten:

Lets see if it does any good,I have started a data base and have been taking data from other sites,not just Benzos, Anti depressants too.

It's gonna take awhile because I am swamped at work,but what I hope to achieve is a guide line on how long you can expect to be in withdrawal.

It won't be absolute but it will be close.

There are so many veritable's to consider ,how long, how much,poly drugging why you started,something like the survey only more detailed.

I started this on another site and it got thumbs up from everybody,when I'm done I will post it here and if you like it ,I will do everything in my power to get it to

news stations and the medical professionals,the biggest problem I see is pharmaceuticals putting the screws to it,lets face it they of all people would not  bow down

and admit they screwed up, it would cost them to much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jay 

I took the survey.  Thank you, Colin, for coordinating this.  And that you, Dr. Pittman, for sharing the results. 

2 mg Valium for 28 years for chronic headache and neck pain; then put on .5 mg ativan (which I stupidly thought was a lower dose), had the withdraw from the ativan first, increased the valium to 5 mg, tapered off the valium over 8 grueling months.  Have been benzo free for 1 year and 2 weeks.  Still struggling with symptoms, the newest of which is memory loss, severe fatigue and occasional breakthrough insomnia. 

Am hopeful that in the end I will be free from the diagnosis of fibromyalgia.

Thanks

I took the survey and she does ask the reason you first started, including recreational use, so, yes, I know she's interested in your input, ihope.    ;)

Thanks, Beeper, will get on it.

Thank you Colin for offering this survey to the members here and to Dr. Pittman for her interest in benzo withdrawal.  We desperately need a respected voice to educate the medical community. 

FYI - I did not receive the blast email about this survey.  I found out about it from the red header on the site.

I would also be interested in results and/or to be able see a video of the presentation.

I have some questions:

What is Dr. Pittman's interest in benzo wd? 

Does she plan other research?  And plan to communicate her research?

How did Dr. Pittman find out about BenzoBuddies?

Who will be in the audience at the conference?

How many will be in attendance? 

Will the survey results be communicated to other groups?

Colin- has there ever been any other surveys or research done on the information on this forum?

I am so very hopeful that this is the beginning of interest in the topic by the medical community and that good information is finally disseminated about the disastrous effects of these drugs.

Thank you again!

I did the survey a few days ago, being in the U.K it did not state the benzo I was originally put on before I c/o to Valium, so obviously did the survey as if I had only been on Valium but did state this was because I had c/o.

Thank you Colin. I do hope some good comes out of this. I wonder if there is one in the U.K and other countries of course.

DD

i plan on taking the survey but i' in a state of fear and panic now and don't think i could do it now have til march 29 hope i have good enough day between now and then talking about this makes me panic and surveys, paperwork etc. always make me feel worse like a dr visit but this one might make a difference in someone else's life who survives this so i hope and pray i get a chance to fill it out i got my code already but full of and weakened too mich my hopelessness and despair to fill it out today

thank you colin pls never stop being an advocate for this please  to me this is all in vain for ME but not necessaril for others who have a chance to recover

kian

I took the survey. Was so easy and comfortable. Just wrote the facts of the situation. You can skip what you are uncomfortable with too. Not to mention, they seem so sensitive to our situation. I liked how it reminded me on every page that I didn't have to answer that particular question if I didn't want to.

Was very Benzo WD friendly survey. Not too long, either.

Impressive. Thank you, Collin for facilitating this. I think we are going to see a shift in this, I really hope so. I can't believe almost 10 thousand people on this site up from I want to say 6 thousand or so when I signed up just a little over a year ago. Clearly there is a problem.

Does anyone know if we will be privy to the results?

Thanks again to Dr. Pittman, the others mentioned (very impressive and transparent disclaimer. Easy to read and understand, again so important to those deep in withdrawal still), and Colin.

:smitten:

Thx Colin....will def take a look at the survey.....Happy Valentines Day and thx again for keeping this site up and running.....thx to all of you!!

BB.

Thank you so much Colin for working w/ Pitman on this Benzo survey.

There sure needs to be more info about the dangers of benzos & withdrawing out there in the

medical field & in the public.

I feel very  grateful that Pitman is taking the time to research Benzos & get info from

those most deeply affected.

Thank you also Colin for checking her out & watching out for the privacy of all of us here.

I took the survey gladly, & hope we will get to know the results, or her analysis  at a

later date.

Thank you again.

Anything that sheds more light on Benzos - is fantastic!

margaretisabel