• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mostly work in ruby & python, writing test automation that runs against a mostly Java stack.

The upside is I'm guessing your personal interaction is possibly not as extensive as someone who is public facing.  The downside is that what you do would be exceedly difficult with limited focus and concentration.

Spengler

congrats on your 4/10/13 - 0mg :)  When I first looked at your sig I thought it said "4/10/13 - OMG" like OMG I"M DONE!!!  Brain plays funny tricks sometimes lol

WWWI

I need to update that :-/ I'd been fine all week but really hit the wall last night and took 0.0625mg clonazepam.

When my dad finally got himself off Klonopin, he did it by tapering to zero and then continuing to take tiny, tiny doses for a period of time every few days when he felt like he absolutely couldn't stand it. I don't know if this is the best idea, or not, but I need to stay functional and I figure, well, this strategy worked for my dad, we've got 50% similar genetics, maybe it will work for me. I took those 1/16th mg doses only twice last week. Every time I cave and do it, I hope it's the last time.

There MAY be a point at which a very small dose is more a prop than actually do much to the body. But where that is, I don't know. I never got there, and as you say it is probably - no definitely - part heredity.

Or better, said, everyone is different. That's why the Ashton Guide is so careful to put recovery in the hands of the patients and NOT the doctors.

I know that a couple weeks ago I felt totally I felt totally defeated when I had to back up a step. I mean, man, I was almost in tears as I said to my wife, "This effing blank blank DRUG has beat me. I can't get off it."

And then two weeks later, after stepping back and going a little slower, I did.

Go at your own pace. There is no contest here except between us and the drug.

Wow awesome posts I love this thread we are a dead honest bunch aren't we. Well at 12:30 last night my daughter called me to say her water broke so she had to go to the hospital to have her child.

7:56 am 7 lb 9 oz. baby boy. Now after a days work have to drive to see her a my new little grandson.This is too much for me but she needs her Dad so I'm on it!

Hope you are all hanging in there. I read the last bunch of posts and we're the toughest SOB's in the whole damn valley lol. NOT!

etown

East, when get honesty combined with compassion and through in a liberal dose of humor, it's all good!

Tell us all how it goes when you see your grandchild!!!

I have three, and they are part of why I went through this. I want to be as sharp as I can to be with them!

Congrats Etown,

Grandbabies are the Bestest!!!  Mine is the prettiest little babydoll you could ask for. 

Way to go step up GrandPa!!

Congrats Etown,

Grandbabies are the Bestest!!!  Mine is the prettiest little babydoll you could ask for. 

Way to go step up GrandPa!!

I wasn't too happy about becoming "Grandpa". I don't much like babies. But now they are all bigger, 5, 7 and 9. We have a blast with them when come to stay every other weekend. However, the cold we all have also came from them. :)

Happiness and Grampaness go with the child's ability to raise their children in a loving and nurturing home. I have 7 grandkids now and I'm just over 50. For the most part my wife and I are happy with the results but can be a source of stress. Anyway they are here so we help in ways we can. I'm pissed that I find it very hard to be husband, Dad, Grampa that I want to be and am capable of because of this stupid drug. Sucking my life away at times. Sorry for the bitch session.

etown

Pretty happy to be a Grampa again. Number 7 and I'm just over 50! I just wish I could be the Grampa I am capable of being but have to contend with this darn drug. Thank God they are all healthy. This little guy is very cute.

etown

Man, #7 at 50? Holy s$$$.

I have a ball with my three grands, but when they arrive this weekend I am going to have a lot MORE fun!!!

Been there done that dark! I love having them over but I like it when they go home too. Right now I just don't have the patience I used to have before benzos.

etown

# 1 at 39! My 18 year old daughter is due in July. She and the baby will be living with me :crazy:

Well, you will be at home and working a great deal, since being a parent is the hardest job in the universe, and grandparents always end up parenting to some extent!

Went to work a little late this morning. Felt like crap, even crappier than usual, but thanks to all you people and your resolve I decided to man up and go in anyway. It turned out to be a crappy day too but I survived and here I am. So thank you all for coming to this thread and helping me and each other. How did the rest of you make out today?

etown

Work was heinous today. All the kids had spring fever/ my psychiatric medication pooped out or wasn't given. Sweet Mother Mary.

I got in a pissing match with a kid, that best guess has either ODD or some other fairly severe psych issue. We aren't their "teachers", so we get no input on what the hell is wrong with them. This is an after school program.

I used to work in an ER, and didn't even get this much consistence bullshit from the drunks. Sad part is, I'm the only one in the group that can handle my 10 (out of 60 kids), future felons. So I get to play bad cop, and it sucks.

I don't work in the hood, but a very affluent school district. I guess parental denial cuts all socioeconomic levels.

And my higher ups are WORTHLESS. Any problem can be solved by giving the kid some M&Ms. How about bouncing these little terrors before they seriously hurt someone, or you get sued?

Busily looking for employment elsewhere.

I know they are kids. But I did not sign up to work in a juvenile detention center. We even get kids making shanks to carve things up.

I picked a bad time to do a taper. lol....

*ONWARD!*

Bat

See Bat you are living proof that my day was a walk in the park compared to you. Just when I thought I had it bad. Really though my actual job is great just can't handle stupid right now. I guess there is never a good time for stupid. I hope you find something thats better suited for you.

etown

See Bat you are living proof that my day was a walk in the park compared to you. Just when I thought I had it bad. Really though my actual job is great just can't handle stupid right now. I guess there is never a good time for stupid. I hope you find something thats better suited for you.

etown

The number one thing I live by:

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

I hear you guys talking about working with kids. I teach piano, private lessons. At any given time I would say that most of the kids are good kids, end of story. But I also feel that at any given time the ones who are screwed up take up 95% of our energy.

What drives me nuts is that parents hide problems from me. Or are in denial about anything being wrong. Then there is ADD. To me most of the time ADD actually means:

ADHD is ADULTS DOING HORRENDOUS DAMAGE

I have one kid who really is ADHD. The real thing. I love teaching this kid. He is extremely intelligent, and his parents are really grounded.

ADULTS DOING DAMAGE

Hi everyone................

I swear there is always one person everyday that wants to suck the life out of me :laugh: :laugh:

I work in a salon with a bunch of women. With that said...........we are usually a pretty tight group with not many issues but lately its been like drama central. I have no energy for that crap. People calling and texting and its been constant when Im not there. Its really just too much. I can't be the level headed one all the time. Yup...........me????? The level headed one? They have no idea :laugh: This is how the fake it till you make it works for me. Apparently they have no clue how gross I feel sometimes. I am good at masking it.

I get to go in at 1 today for a full day of hair. I am really not in the mood but gotta do what I gotta do. Need a paycheck LOL

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa

Yesterday was an exceptionally cog foggy day.  I was tasked with creating a formula in Excel that would dynamically calculate the standard deviation of a complex variable set.  Little did they know that I then sat in front of my computer for five minutes trying to figure out how to open Excel...

Ahhhh...the joys of w/d....

Yesterday was an exceptionally cog foggy day.  I was tasked with creating a formula in Excel that would dynamically calculate the standard deviation of a complex variable set.  Little did they know that I then sat in front of my computer for five minutes trying to figure out how to open Excel...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't that the most ridiculous thing! When you are stumped on things that you do on a normal basis...... :idiot: Im guessing it turned out fine after you got moving!

Lisa

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't that the most ridiculous thing! When you are stumped on things that you do on a normal basis...... :idiot: Im guessing it turned out fine after you got moving!

Lisa

Well it did take a little (ok a LOT) longer then I had hoped to get there but I did get there lol

I HATE THAT STUPID BRAIN FOG! Okay, much better. Also not a fan of the panic attacks that are sneaking up. I had one in the car driving home.

It was the same way last time. Panic attacks/adrenaline dumps just around when the Xanax half life is.

My work would be fine except we have 2 twenty year old newbies-this is their first job. No slam on them, but their real life experiences doesn't cut it without out of control 11 year olds. One person who phones her job in. Seriously. I totally mean doesn't give a shit. Our supervisor is a mid twenties person with no spine, so Dead Weight gets away with murder.  I'm perfect in every way...lolololollol......(insert near fatal eye roll here).

I do FINE at work. Then driving home, everything goes to crap. All the tapering systems flare up.

How do you do your taper while working? Now, I'm taking all my Xanax at night. What would be a good split up of the water titration?

I can't afford to be zonked. So I have to work around the Catapres, Allegra and Xanax.

Ho Boy :thumbsup:

*Onward!*

Bat